It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photograph of Bill Clinton and Rev. Wright Surfaces

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Photograph of Bill Clinton and Rev. Wright Surfaces

thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

During one of the most difficult periods in the presidency of Bill Clinton, he addressed a group of clerics at an annual prayer breakfast in September 1998 just as the Starr report outlining his dalliance with Monica Lewinsky was about to be published.

Among those in attendance, was the Rev. Jeremiah Wright Jr., who is seen shaking hands with Mr. Clinton in a photograph provided today by the Obama campaign.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
What are your views on todays Obama speech?
Obama Attended Hate America Sermon

[edit on 3/21/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
That's right. So before people continue to smear Obama for listening in on Reverend Wright's gospel, ask yourself "why would Bill Clinton be involved with this man?"

Both sides are in the process of damage control and it seems neither one of them is innocent by any means.

In providing the photograph to The New York Times, the Obama campaign appeared to be trying to divert some attention to the Clintons after a week in which Mr. Obama’s relationship with Mr. Wright has left him facing one of the biggest challenges of his campaign. There is nothing in the picture or the note that addresses whether Mr. Clinton had met Mr. Wright prior to the White House meeting or whether he or Mrs. Clinton knew anything about Mr. Wright’s views.

The release of this photo by the Obama camp is an attempt to level the playing field. The Clintons didn't have to smear Obama for his connection to Reverend Wright, the media did it for them.

However, Obama is not innocent and I am not defending him.

The political maneuvering by both sides has made the American political process a joke (Like it wasn't already a complete sham).

The American people don't want to hear about how bad the other candidate. Deal with the issues and stop with the personal attacks.

You only make yourselves look bad.

Obama's response to Wright's "damn America" speech came from the heart and the candidates need to do that more often than attacking the other side.

I commend Barack for his words the other day and if he keeps it up, he may win this primary and election.

Now back to the issues at hand!

thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Wow. You know what that means?

Seriously, now we have something more important than the issues and lies to look at.

THE CLINTONS ARE RACIST AND UNAMERICAN!!!

There's no way I'm voting for her now. I don't care if she DOES have a better stance on the issues, or is a more credible candidate. She's friends with a racist and unamerican person. So what if it's her husband in the photo. Either she doesn't know better, or believes what Wright believes.

Ok, seriously though, it's been nice using some of these other people's arguments against them for a change. And yes, I pulled those arguments from other debates I've had. Maybe people will look at them and see how truly ridiculous they're being.

I don't believe any of the crap I just spewed about credibility or stance on issues btw.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
The funny thing about this picture is that Rev. Wright looks awestruck, and Bill Clinton well...is desperately looking for someone else to talk to.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
That's because Clinton was the first Black President.
In fact, Bill actually looks darker than Wright.
Obama is darker than Wright.
Heck I'm even darker than Wright.

Maybe that's why Wright is so angry, there is an intra-racial bias against light skinned Blacks, you know!

The Democratic candidates and their respective followers are still at each others throats, while McCain is the only one that is looking Presidential.

[edit on 21-3-2008 by Alxandro]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
So before people continue to smear Obama for listening in on Reverend Wright's gospel, ask yourself "why would Bill Clinton be involved with this man?"

1 - no one is 'smearing' Obama for 'listening to Wright's gospel'.

- Obama is being VETTED. That means all the facts about him are being brought out for people to see. Every politician has to go through it. And it's important. Telling the truth isn't 'smear'. It's just telling the truth.

- Wright wasn't preaching a 'gospel'. He was spewing hate. Anti-white .. anti-Jew ... and anti-America. There is no 'gospel' in that.

2 - Despite what you insinuate - Bill Clinton wasn't 'involved' with wright.

- Hundreds of thousands of pictures are taken at the White House. Everyone wants a picture of themselves taken with the president or first lady. Wright, along with hundreds of other pastors, were invited to a prayer breakfast. Period. There is no 'involvement'.

- Involvement is what Obama has. 20+ years of mentoring and spiritual direction. Picking Wright to baptise his kids. Picking Wright to be part of his campaign.

- And like the previous poster points out - WRight looks like he's in awe, and Bill looks like he isn't paying attention.

This is nothing but Obama (and his disciples) trying to deflect.
It's a pretty pathetic attempt.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
This is nothing but Obama (and his disciples) trying to deflect.
It's a pretty pathetic attempt.

Uhuh. I don't even plan on voting for the man, but thank you for assuming as much.

I seriously despise the Clinton family and will do my best not to have another 4-8 years of the Bush-Clinton cabal.

Thanks though for the sentiment.

I'll be writing in Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich when November comes around.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
but thank you for assuming as much.

I didn't say you were an Obamatron.
I said that it was a poor attempt by THEM to deflect.
I didnt' say you were one.

but thank you for assuming as much.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Well thanks for clarifying. My mistake

I apologize for assuming as much.

Carry on with the discussion

top topics

join