It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ET Ready For Us?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I was watching ET for the umpteenth time the other day and a thought occured to me. What if ET are not ready for us instead of the other way round? I think many of us ARE ready to accept the existence of ailens and would even be ready for a momentous event like a UFO landing on the proverbial White House Lawn. But what if ET looked at our violent history and though sod this i'm not meeting that lot till they grow up...puts quite a different complex on things dont you think ???

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I think they're ready for us. What ever firepower we have,they can probably just nod at it and it'll melt in our hands.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Well, I think they're ready for us. They could probably disable most of our weapons with advanced EMPs.

Let's just hope they're not like the Daleks.

[edit on 20-3-2008 by GrayFox]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I believe that they are out there watching up and probably won't make contact untill we grow up a little (to quote the opening poster).

Would you want to make contact with a civillization if you thought that the general population would except you but their government officials would try to fight you with everything they have just because they are scared and don't understand you?

I probably wouldn't. I would wait till they could get along with eachother or visit them without their knowlage and geneticly (sp) manipullate (sp) them to be more peacefull.
Or I might just Nuke the whole lot and start over with my species...but thats me.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I still don't see how an extraterrestrial race could -- in any way -- share our current perspective of our history.

To illustrate -- and I actually tried this out -- You need a very, very powerful telescope, equipped with a ridiculously powerful sound amplifier. It should also be able to locate and track 'historical figures' as they are born all over the planet. But that's not all: it should also be capable of monitoring massive change. I mean massive; it should be able to measure the popular opinion of successive (and exponentially increasing) generations. Most cheap knockoffs today can only monitor a population that wouldn't even cover the moon; you'll want to watch out for that.

And of course, you'll need several of these, and a team of at least twenty Rigelian street bums. (They'll do anything for a nickel, as long as it is legal under Rigelian law).

The final ingredient, though, is what caused me to abandon the entire project. Too much time was required to man the project; I needed several billion years -- new planet; don't ask -- but I was only in Rigel for a weekend.

To conclude; I don't think anyone needs to be ready for anything. When you consider some of the carnage caused by us against our own -- slave trading, Spaniards in South America -- do you ever wonder if we were 'ready' to meet each other? One opinion here is no: but the obvious thing is that we met anyway. I think we'll deal with it, if extraterrestrial civilizations become a daily reality.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I think they are slowly inoculating us with every galactic virus and strain. When us humans have been exposed to everything over however may years this takes, then we will be ready to join the rest of the galaxy.

But our trump card is the genetic pool that we are. Some are probably against this process. Maybe that's what MAD mutual assured destruction is all about. We'll use it if there was a threat of invasion and inslavement.

top topics

join