It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey: Should we be allowed to have guns?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by tac109
reply to post by jackinthebox

...but it really sucks that in our country when a man breaks into my house wearing a ski mask and holding a gun I have to think about if im gonna get sued first before I think about defending my family, and by the time im done thinking were all dead...

That's why the State of Texas changed the law for that circumstance. The bad guys can longer sue after they get hurt committing their crime. I know some people do not agree with the Texas law but it make sense to me. When someone is breaking the law they should give up some of their rights since they are infringing on some one else's rights.

For those of us that live in very rural areas, our firearms help keep the peace. If we were all unarmed I bet we would be seen as easy pickin's for the bad guys.

MBF

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   

I'm sorry that your friend went to jail regardless of where he was from. It was just wrong.

My friend that was robbed that got the shells out of the gun. I told him that he had the gun and the shells, why did he throw them down and run? He said that he was just scared. It was an isolated gas station. The only building on that side of the interstate. He ran across the bridge to one of the other stations. I don't blame him, I would have done the same.

You have the required male anatomy to do that when being robbed.
I would love to have seen the look on the kids face.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
"If guns are responsible for killing people, then spoons are responsible for making Rosie O'Donnell fat."

Yes, of course we should all own guns. (Notice I didn't stick the term "be allowed to" in there)

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by CyberSEAL
"If guns are responsible for killing people, then spoons are responsible for making Rosie O'Donnell fat."

Yes, of course we should all own guns. (Notice I didn't stick the term "be allowed to" in there)

AMEN Brother!!!!!

We should all have guns and be able to open carry if we so wished.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Someone told me, during a nice discussion at Easter, that there was a locality in Georgia (I think) that actually required by law that homeowners have a long gun, due to a recent spike in crime in the community. Well, that law put an end to crime in the community.

MBF

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   

I don't know how true this is, but I think it's a good idea.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I have heard of that town, but it's not just homeowners,

Everyone over the age of 18, that doesn't have a criminal record, must by law own a long gun. I believe it is Kenesaw (SP) Georgia, but I have been mistaken before.

I say we adopt that law for the whole nation.

[edit on 3/26/2008 by Warlon]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Guns do not kill people if they are used correctly. They're used to hunt game, like deer and elk. They were invented so men could go out and hunt, so they could feed their families. They weren't meant to kill people, but thats what we do.

Who goes on a hunt with a handgun? Gangsters we all asume, they're packin' heat. But everyday people are using them to, for what? Target shooting, guns are fun. Hanguns aren't used to hunt deer though, so why not destroy at least the handguns in our cities.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sumperson

They were invented so men could go out and hunt, so they could feed their families.

For better of for worse, that is incorrect. The first historical record of using a flammable powder to motivate a projectile as a weapon was at the Battle of Ain Jalut in 1260. The Egyptians used what were called "hand cannons" to repel the Mongels in what we know as the West Bank today.

The first use of the gun on Western history was in the form of artillery cannon at the Battle of Crecy in 1346.

The ancient Chinese, who invented gunpowder, are also known to have used guns in warfare.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by sumperson
Guns do not kill people if they are used correctly. They're used to hunt game, like deer and elk. They were invented so men could go out and hunt, so they could feed their families. They weren't meant to kill people, but thats what we do.

Who goes on a hunt with a handgun? Gangsters we all asume, they're packin' heat. But everyday people are using them to, for what? Target shooting, guns are fun. Hanguns aren't used to hunt deer though, so why not destroy at least the handguns in our cities.

WRONG ANSWER CHIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I personally go deer and elk hunting with a .357 mag, a .44, and a 50 cal pistol.

I also use the 50 as a back-up when I go bear hunting.

Getting rid of the guns is NOT the answer, the answer is to let the law abiding citizens have guns to defend themselves, not just the criminal scum to victimize (sp) us.

If you were a crook and were going to rob me, you might think twice if you knew that I might be "packing" and could shoot you for your troubles. CCW is a great thing. The people who carry CCW are more knowlageable (sp), more safety concious, and know their weapons better than the average low-life, thug-on-the-street, gang-banger, or criminal.

Hanguns aren't used to hunt deer though, so why not destroy at least the handguns in our cities.

This makes me want to PUKE!!

LET US CARRY!!!

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join