It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After all this analyzing,

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I'm still not coming to a conclusion as to why 9/11 happened. Was it to simply provoke a war that would end up in Iraq? Is this the work of the Illuminati? Or crippling human rights to form the NWO? Are all of these right, or wrong? I've done all this research, and I truly believe in all of it, I just don't understand the big reason behind it. I've understood everything besides this part, someone fill me in if you would please, my mind is so tired.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
My take is that they were looking for a pretext to war with (insert foe of the moment here).

The "Axis of Evil" that was thrown around in the weeks and months after 9/11 changed almost daily until they were settled on a perpetrator to go after.

It started with Afghanistan, then inexplicably, Iraq, first because of WMD that were later proven to not exist, then when that idea was blown open, they changed it to Iraq helping the terrorists who attacked the US on 9/11.

The fact they had to change their story several times means that it wasn't true. In addition, there are other avenues they should have explored before shipping one troop out there to fight a war. The UN were adamantly against going into Iraq on the idea they had WMD, and I suspect is why Dr. David Kelly was assassinated, because he knew something that he was going to expose.

I'm not sure whether drugs has anything to do with it, either. Apparently the US want to destroy the Opium crops in Afghanistan, but the UK are stopping the wide action that the US wish to take. Out of interest, 95% or so of the heroin on the worlds streets, are from Afghanistan. We're in a position to obliterate it and we're not taking it. WHY?

It's looking like the US is looking at Iran at the moment, too.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
It has to do with the U.S. capitalist military industry and how it suffered after the end of the Cold War. War is extremely profitable to some groups, and when you combine that with a capitalist system that requires growth or inflation for sustainability, a sudden and massive shrinkage in an industry can destroy it. The U.S. military industry along with its players in the U.S. government quite literally need wars to continue to receive funding and therefore exist. After such a massive military build-up during the Cold War, something had to take its place for the U.S. military and the industries it uses. So a new enemy had to be made even if its spurious at best.

new topics

join