It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian POW says U.S. Interrogators 'Threatened Rape'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Canadian POW says U.S. Interrogators 'Threatened Rape'

ww.rawstory.com

MIAMI (Reuters) - A young Canadian prisoner held at Guantanamo said in legal documents that U.S. interrogators repeatedly threatened to rape him and Canadian government visitors told him they were powerless to do anything.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
And the hits just keep coming for Gitmo...That place is like the 7th Ring of Hell. lol

I'm suprised that place hasn't been shut down yet. The stuff that went on there is like a stain on humanity.

ww.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I'm more disturbed by this recent turn in the Khadr case:

In the report's first version, penned the day after the firefight and dated July 28, 2002, the commander identified in court as "Lt.-Clnl. W" says U.S. troops killed the person who attacked Sgt. Speer. Several months later, the report was rewritten to say U.S. troops "engaged" the person who attacked Sgt. Speer, implying the attacker was not killed. The date on the report remained July 28, 2002. Mr. Khadr was wounded by shrapnel during the firefight and shot more than once by U.S. commandos, but survived.

The implications for Mr. Khadr are significant. If the person who attacked Sgt. Speer was himself killed, it could not have been Mr. Khadr. He faces a murder charge in relation to the killing, and the possibility of a life sentence if convicted.

www.theglobeandmail.com...

Not that threatening rape is nice (if true), but the altered reports are a very serious issue, in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Duzey

YES! I remember seeing that they changed the 'initial' report...I just wonder how many other detainees may be in there under suspicious circumstances as well?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
reply to post by Duzey

YES! I remember seeing that they changed the 'initial' report...I just wonder how many other detainees may be in there under suspicious circumstances as well?

Why not just not take prisoners? Would be a hell of a lot less headache.. then I wouldn't have to read about how "detainees" are being "mistreated" when its a waste of tax dollars to fly them to Cuba anyways..

Of course.. the alternative to not taking prisoners is uh ....

But anyways.. if I where detained and the red cross came to me.. gosh.. what lie would I NOT tell them to get released.. oh the horror stories I would tell.

I don't need proof to do it either.. people eat this stuff up.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Hard to believe this is happening in America. Yes, I appreciate it's happening on Cuban soil as a loophole, but you know what I mean.

America, you have been sunk so low...

[edit on 19-3-2008 by rizla]

top topics

join