It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dragons!! woot!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
thank u for being sympathetic. but just because i dream a little bit more out of the box than everyone else doesnt make me young. i have a 40 year old cousin who believes in dragons also. age has nothing to do with it. its just some ppl feel more comfortable putting themselves out there. and im not saying the those of u who dont think dragons are real are anymore less creative than those who do. its just a matter of whether or not yur ready to accept that there r things in this world u may never kno. and about the whole coelcanth thing, i was just using it as an example, a parallel situation. and so wat if dragons live underground? maybe they realize that humans would either a. try and put them into zoos, resulting in fatalities on both sides, or b. that humans would try and eradicate them, again causing fatalities on both sides. i just have to find them. then u can go, o yea, rememebr that person who said that there were dragons in the world and that she was going to find them?

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by wyvernlover

Hi again wyvernlover,
I hope you don't think I was being condescending when I said you were young ... and I appologze if you thought that was the case. I assumed you were young from your writing style (it had an innocent passion about it ... which I personally see as a good thing), not because you believe in dragons.

Trust me I'm in my forties and I practically live my life 'thinking outside the box' ... there are many, many things that I believe in, that the majority of people would have trouble checking into their 'reality box'.
But it doesn't mean I'm a fantasist ... I studied 'Natural Earth Sciences' at university, so I feel I have the advantage of being able to see things from both sides ... rather than the 'left-brainers' who can only form an opinion from what they perceive as total logic (if it can't be seen, photographed or prodded in a laboratory then it doesn't exist, kind of attitude)

I just look forward to the day when the naysayers stand in front of us with egg on their faces, shuffling their feet with embarrassment when some of the things that people like us have thought possible all our lives are proven to be correct afterall.

Sorry if you misunderstood my comments, I just thought you were getting a raw deal from some of the replies you received what with you being a newcomer is all.

Woody

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Yeah, they r definately real. I no a dragon, but she can change in2 a human.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by wyvernlover

They are pretty rare now cause the human population is increasing and moving into the dragons territory.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I bet science one day could be able to create designer creatures that are quite similar to these sorts of mythical creatures.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
as a matter of fact dragons are real. i was watching a show on the discovery channel one night and somewhere in the himalayas they found a perfectly preserved body of a dragon. i dont remember what the title of the show was but feel free to look it up

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by wolfman6688

This wouldn't have been the show where they 'hypothetically' found the remains of a dragon would it?

The same show that gave detailed and logical reasoning as to why dragons, in the flying/breathing sense could not have existed.

Not trying to discredit anyone's beliefs, and didn't mean to sound harsh in my earlier post with this topic, but there is more evidence against dragons rather than for them.

Could earlier depictions of dragons be derived from an actual creature? Sure.
Do I think the stories and truths surrounding dragons may have been embellished a bit, very probable.

Whether this is the case or not, there has yet to be any evidence that dragons existed before or now.

If the dragons legends/stories were based on a 'single' creature, I may be more inclined to believe its existence many years ago, but to say they lived in abundance at any time during history has no support.

My belief is the story of the dragon may have evolved from earlier discoveries of dinosaur fossils, with more and more folklore added throughout the ages, resulting in the fire breathing, flying reptile we all know and love today.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I don't think someone would really mistake a crocodile or komodo dragon as a real dragon if people picture them as gigantic, fire-breathing monsters. However, there could possibly be some species that is somewhat less than what fairy tales describe them as. I have a great book that has detailed accounts of a villages fear of a local dragon and sightings of a herd of sauropod-like monsters on a deserted island by pilots.
: TC

top topics

<< 1   >>

join