It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dragons!! woot!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
i think that dragons are real...i mean how do you kno they arent real? i also think that there is no such thing that nothing cannot exist...it just means u havent looked hard enough..and if u see dragons, thats so awesome. ive decided to launch an expedition when i get older when i get zillions somehow and ill try and find dragons....but not for money...i just want to see one. that would make my life complete. and for all u who dont believe, i feel sry for u. yur missing out on one of lifes mysteries. and to all u who do believe and sing out that u do, good for u. it takes more guts to do that than try to conform. LONG LIVE DRAGONS!!!!

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 3/19/2008 by kinglizard]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I like your ambition

But there is not a big chance of seeing a dragon out there, if you truly want to see one then become a genetic engineer and well.....just play around!

However I do believe that there could be something close to a dragon, since there it is mentioned a number of times in history across the world (e.g First Chinese Emperor and they Yellow Dragon, St George etc). That something will probably be a giant like lizard. You should check out the Komodo Dragon!

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
your right. i probably wont see a dragon. but its a nice thought and i truly belive they r out there sumwhere. however, i wont mess with genetics. i mean, we might get a jurassic park meltdown or even worse, cuz they're dragons. i wouldnt want a bunch of fire breathing lizards running around the world. i like them better in hiding.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
wat the heck? i believe in alot of crazy things, but this is just weird. dragons are a thing a myth. i highly doubt their existance. show me pix to prove it.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by wyvernlover
i think that dragons are real...i mean how do you kno they arent real?

Based on that logic, friendly mother-in-laws, 10 headed snakes with wheels and giant flying spaghetti monsters are also real.

Didn't we cover a similar topic like this a few weeks ago? It was quite hilarious, but can't remember the topic namem, so I couldn't find it.. :/

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I'm almost certain that it is logically impossible to prove that something DOESN'T exist; that, however, does not mean everything DOES exist. If dragons were real, we'd have found fossils. Sad I feel this lousy post will get dozens of responses...

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Threadfall
I'm almost certain that it is logically impossible to prove that something DOESN'T exist; that, however, does not mean everything DOES exist.

We quickly learned at the university, that science is all about narrowing possibilities down by figuring out what isn't real, and then make assumptions upon that. Ie. we never find out what is *real*, we find out what *isnt* real.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   
It is highly possible that there was once a type of reptile able to breath fire as a defense. There are so many creatures with impressive abilities. Chemically, it is not impossible. Maybe they squirted acid, this would have definitely felt like fire and burnt the skin, the fire depicted in the pictures we see probably just represents the burning that the acid caused.

Chances are if they did exist, they were nowhere as big as they are made out in myths and most likely didn't fly but they would have been feared and hunted down by villagers to protect themselves until eventually.. they became extinct. Or maybe they retreated deeper into the wilderness and do still exist... who knows?

[edit on 20-3-2008 by fiftyfifty]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   
There has been 'ump-teen million' posts on here where someone feels the need to express themselves in how they passionately believe something exists even though Science, and even the laws of nature, prevent it from ever being possible.

The dragon issue has been played to death.

I see you are new with ATS and would like say 'Welcome', I would like to also point out the 'Search' function found on the upper right corner of your screen (Lower left hand corner if you are reading this upside down).

A simple perusal of this feature with the keyword, I don't know, Dragons... will unleash an insurmountable wealth of knowledge on the 'said' subject and may prevent people from having to reiterate their points of discussion yet again.

Wait.... here's one now

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not trying to sound harsh, but time is valuable to many, and to keep reading the same arguments within such a short span....over and over.... becomes quite tedious.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Here is another Dragon thread, I had posted on it not too long ago!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I kind of believe they were flying dinosaurs!
...but, I still wonder how the fire blowing came about!
Here are a couple links with the flying dinosaur!

news.nationalgeographic.com...

www.pbs.org...

[edit on 3/20/2008 by Givenmay]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I personally don't believe in dragons except for the Komodo "Dragon" which is actually a lizard. However, you know each to their own and i won't knock someone believing in something i don't really know much about.

Originally posted by Givenmay
Here is another Dragon thread, I had posted on it not too long ago!

Now, Givenmay, why would you flame the OP? Yes, you have posted in another thread but there are different angles to each. Just read the OPs again and respond to the relevant parts of the post you would like to respond to.

I think you should really give each member a chance to run their own thread/s and allow the mods to do what they are appointed for. I believe they do a great job.

Each member is an individual and is allowed to create a new thread though be it close to another; the angles taken may spark further info and different info in each in terms of responses. In fact one line in a post may turn it into a major debate and draw out some great information.

Don't be too quick in condemning or pointing out the obvious or perceived faults of an OP.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by shearder

Grailkeeper had listed a link, and I had one saved from posting on it, that was more recent!

The flame was for the thread being about Dragons, geez, they usually have fire that comes out their mouth!

Would you like me to copy and paste the same info on this thread, will that satisfy you?

"Why don't you let the mods do what they are appointed for?"=EXACTLEY

"Oh, spare me!"

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Givenmay

No, it's cool. And yes i know the thread was about dragons - that spit fire.

You missed the point. No harm done.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
That will do thank you. I agree that the search function should have been suggested here, but up to this stage all this thread has been about is complaints like "oh no, not another dragon thread"... ATS members who have been here for a while should know how to act towards other people, especially newcomers (almost like Grailkeeper's reply - only less sarcasm
).

Why on earth reply to a thread just to complain about "another such thread"? If you don't reply, the OP will realize that there isn't much interest in the chosen topic, and he'll do better next time.

Please guys, either say something constructive, or helpful, or don't say anything at all. (Or there’s always the complaint function alerting Mods about a duplicate/recurring thread.)

Edit: speeling

[edit on 20-3-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
look. i am not as stupid as sum of u think. i realize that, yes, there are alot of threads about dragons. and if this is a lousy post, then thank u for yur opinion. however, i think that there is a chance they might be alive. i mean, if u think about that ancient fish, coelacanth, that everyone thought was extinct. i think thats how u spell it. anyways, a girl in africa had a "museum" and the fishermen brought in that fish. she had it displayed and certain people found out about it. no one belived her that it was that fish because there had been no evidence of the fish. soon people were catching them more frequently and scientists did finally conclude it was the extinct fish. so just because we havent found one yet doesnt mean they arent there. we just havent looked in the right places. i mean, they probably inhabit deserts and mountains were people dont usually go. they're intelligent. they kno not to fly into new york city. and if u dont believe, then fine. i wont attack u. its yur opinion.

[edit on 20-3-2008 by wyvernlover]

[edit on 20-3-2008 by wyvernlover]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by wyvernlover
however, i think that there is a chance they might be alive. i mean, if u think about that ancient fish, coelacanth, that everyone thought was extinct. i think thats how u spell it. anyways, a girl in africa had a "museum" and the fishermen brought in that fish. she had it displayed and certain people found out about it. no one belived her that it was that fish because there had been no evidence of the fish. soon people were catching them more frequently and scientists did finally conclude it was the extinct fish. so just because we havent found one yet doesnt mean they arent there. we just havent looked in the right places. i mean, they probably inhabit deserts and mountains were people dont usually go. they're intelligent. they kno not to fly into new york city.

The coelacanth lives in the ocean, a place where we haven't even explored 10% or something. Dragons supposedly live above water, and well, humans have been *everywhere* and yet, we have found no dragons.

Also, they would show up on sattelite images, unless you expect them to live underground.. And if they do that, im pretty sure they dont have wings.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by wyvernlover

Hi there wyvernlover and welcome to ATS ... please excuse the cranky ones amongst us ... it would seem that someone stole their souls or at the very least their imaginations.

(Note to the critics);
Why would you have to be so cynical ? It's blatantly obvious that the OP is not only a newcomer to ATS (great welcome guys)
But also I'm guessing quite young. Being young DOES NOT mean stupid ... so why the hell would you want to crush their aspirations.

Did you never have fanciful ambitions when you were younger ... you make yourselves look very shallow (where's the pics ... where's the proof) jeez you people are like broken records ... are they the only letters that work on your keyboards ?
(by the way that flame was from me not a dragon)

(WYVERNLOVER); You get out there when your older and find them dragons ... let's see what these idiots have to say then. And never listen to anyone (here or in the real world) who can't imagine what might lie beyond the end of their nose .

Happy dragon hunting my friend. Woody

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
haha, awesome post! i mean, honestly, why couldn't dragon's really exist? well, besides the scientific reasons? They are in Harry Potter! i just read in another post somewhere about how movies portray events to come, or whatnot (like The Day After Tommorrow) or some other movie about a virus or something? i dunno, i didn't retain much information out of that post, but interesting none the less! im down to hunt for dragons! where should we start? i mean, it'd be a lot cooler than hunting for big foot
i mean, a dragon vs. an ape?

this is coming from a person who thinks they actually saw a dragon once tripping on peyote in the desert
but thats besides the point! i swear it was real!

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thain Esh Kelch

Originally posted by Threadfall
I'm almost certain that it is logically impossible to prove that something DOESN'T exist; that, however, does not mean everything DOES exist.

We quickly learned at the university, that science is all about narrowing possibilities down by figuring out what isn't real, and then make assumptions upon that. Ie. we never find out what is *real*, we find out what *isnt* real.

My bad, my logic of assuming you can't prove a negative is flawed.

But so is the OP's logic of why dragons exist. So we're even.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by immedicated
haha, awesome post! i mean, honestly, why couldn't dragon's really exist? well, besides the scientific reasons? They are in Harry Potter! i just read in another post somewhere about how movies portray events to come, or whatnot (like The Day After Tommorrow) or some other movie about a virus or something? i dunno, i didn't retain much information out of that post, but interesting none the less! im down to hunt for dragons! where should we start? i mean, it'd be a lot cooler than hunting for big foot
i mean, a dragon vs. an ape?

this is coming from a person who thinks they actually saw a dragon once tripping on peyote in the desert
but thats besides the point! i swear it was real!

This is easily one of the more fascinating posts I've read on here so far, even counting the Reptillian stuff.

<<   2 >>

join