It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush speech hails Iraq 'victory'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Bush speech hails Iraq 'victory'

news.bbc.co.uk

President George W Bush has marked the fifth anniversary of the US-led invasion of Iraq with a speech defending his decision to go to war.
Speaking at the Pentagon, Mr Bush said the war was one "we can and must win".

And he went on to say that the recent "surge" of US troops to Iraq has brought about "a major strategic victory in the broader war on terror".

The speech comes amid criticism in the US of the war, with some critics pointing to its high cost.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Bush hails Iraq victory?
what victory is he talking about?

People are still being Killed by Terrorist bombings and Forces are still getting attacked by insurgents.

Recent attacks

news.bbc.co.uk...

Asylum seakers numbers Jump

news.bbc.co.uk...

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-3-2008 by bodrul]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

I don't know, bodrul, he makes no sense on that.

While he & his chronies are impeccably dressed, people are getting
killed.

Disgusting!

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
The Decider proclaimed the war in Iraq as "Noble, Necessary and Just". If it wasn't so sad I would be ROTFLMAO. Once again, he thinks if he just keeps saying it over and over again, we will believe it. I don't know what is more offensive - that the POTUS is so stupid or that he thinks we are so stupid.

[edit on 19/3/08 by kosmicjack]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   

recent "surge" of US troops to Iraq has brought about "a major strategic victory in the broader war on terror".

This is so hard, dont even want to repply but in anniversary day just have to push my opinion out, one more time...

These lies, just continuing lies...

Now its the "surge" ... What surge? Deal with Al Sadr, who promise 6 moth cease fire with high cost, and many deals in it. If Mahdi Army start their operations again, witch is more than likely in future, the situation goes back to worst in over one night.

Maybe there has been some succeeding with patrol and checkpoints, but main reason is still with opponents attitude, in their cease fire.

If he just had the guts to say in his speaks,

" We have get good results in diplomacy and talks with our enemies, and ground forces has respect our deals with their usual targets, and thats why in joined operations, we have gained important success..."

I could believe something.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Frankly, I think Bush is just speaking to the Republican conservative base - a morale booster shot - so to speak.

I suspect that we will soon hear McCain parroting his fearless leader.

Victory, indeed; but for whom? The corporate combine I believe.

[edit on 19-3-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I was a victory, but only for his cronies.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I got so bored with the speech I fell asleep. I must have heard it all before...

And no, this is not, though it may appear to be, a one line post.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
The "Military Industrial Complex" is the only winner in this entire thing. That is why this whole thing started. Not because of 9-11. Certainly not catch the one who was accused of attacking the World Trade Center. It was pulled off as an excuse to benefit said "Military Industrial Complex".

Now to make the deal even more sweet, it is not just Iraqi's suffering from our fearless leader's decision. But the people paying the Military Industrial Complex, for a war they did not want. A war started by deception, false info, downright lies. Even when proven wrong on every reason he gave to go to war, it keeps going.
The American people have no control, and how wonderful of them to give us the idea that we do with this so-called "election". Our three choices were put in place to make sure we all lose hope and don't vote. Either way, whichever one wins, the "Powers That Be" are the real winners, and once again, the American people lose.

Someone, please... I have been wondering about this for quite some time...

Isn't "Taxation Without Representation" Illegal?? The people are not being represented. Instead they are slaves, now stuggling in their personal/family life, to fund these crap wars based on lies.

All of this is wrong. What happened and why doesn't anyone care?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

I swear to God this man doesn't live on the same planet we do. Or at least he's the most delusional sociopathic psycho on the block.

Seriously what the hell Bush? First you say the war was worth the loss in "lives and treasure" (what treasure are you talking about, the American people's?) and now you say we won.

Ok.

So we won. Now let's get our troops our of Iraq.

Nevermind, McCain wants another 100 years of war.

[SNIP]

deleted obscenities

1b.) Profanity: You will not use profanity in our forums, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 19/3/08 by masqua]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
This thought came to me the other day: the Iraq War has been lost already.

One of the main points I kept hearing over and over 5 years ago as a reason to invade unilaterally was for our "way of life."
Five years later, the US "way of life" as we knew it back then has been lost. Not only has good will and trust from other nations been lost, but people are losing homes, jobs continue to be lost, the value of the dollar losing, 401K's losing value, losing monthly income to great rises in gas and energy costs let alone health care.

Yes, our "way of life" has been threatened--we have met the enemy and it is us.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
Frankly, I think Bush is just speaking to the Republican conservative base - a morale booster shot - so to speak.

Yup. Bush white house knows they have lost the country. We don't care what this supposed 'leader' of ours has to say anymore... so they are just tossing dry bones to their small supportive base of elites and die-hard republicans.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

what a way to lead then,
while his country crumbles around him, he is living in his own little fantasy of success

a perfect scene to sum this up

top topics

join