It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO? SPACE STATION? or SATELLITE?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   
This is in regards to a bright moving star like object i saw the other night with my girlfriend and my father, the other night about 8:30 pm in Sydney Australia i saw a object traveling at a great speed, it looked what appeared to be a bright star but it was a consistent light and we all know start burn out usually over the atmosphere,i was facing east and the moon was to the north about 11 o'clock high and the object was about 11 o'clock high, almost inline with the moon, now judging from being on surface to sky speed it was moving about 300-400kmh and was very bright, i pointed it out to my girlfriend and my father but my father said it was the space station, this i do not believe as i am pretty sure out space station does not move let alone have thruster's that can propel it 300-400-km an hour, i have seen this object a couple time's over the year's and i have heard my father say space station and satellite's but this i do not believe if it where either of the 2 we would see it nearly every night and as for satellite's well then we would see allot of them lol, the object went towards the moon and then dis appeared but then a couple minute's later another similar light was seen moving towards some star's and stopped immediately, then moved back diagonally upwards this i did not see as my girlfriend saw it and by the time she told me it stopped.So my question is has anyone noticed this before and can anyone provide some information as to what this may have been?

Also take a look at this link i dont know if this has been borought up before but it's rather intriguing... www.paranormalconspiracymagazine.com...

[edit on 19-3-2008 by juggaloco]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
My guess is what you have been seeing were satellites passing over head - they are common and you can find out more about them and how to find/track them in this thread Clicky

*edited because I can not spell!*

[edit on 19-3-2008 by freakyclown]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I think what you saw was indeed the ISS which has passed over Sydney every night for the last week. Check out the link to the Heavens Above website below which tracks orbiting objects such as the ISS, shuttle, satellites, etc.. I have set the page for Sydney. I hope this helps. If you have any difficulties navigating that site let me know.

HeavensAbove

Another great site is...

Nasa Space Flight

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Thank you both for that but im still wondering about the object that stopped then moved up diagonally?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Most likely your girlfriend was mistaken. Sometimes our eyes can play tricks on us.

One thing to note about satellites passing over head is they can fade or appear rather quickly (as your only seeing the reflection off them)
It is probable that your girlfriend saw one sat passing in one direction..it faded from view then she might have seen a second passing by in a different direction and just assumed it was the one.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Ah ok good point man thanx hey but i was just thinking what about that satellites the USA shot down cause it apparently had "Toxic fuel" wouldn't they all and wouldn't that mean we would have Sat's being shot down all over the place lol, iv heard and believe it was to hide something?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
The usa decided to shoot down a dead satellite (it died within minutes of launch) because it was falling to earth, and had potential to cause problems because of the fuel on board was hazardous.
Had they just let it fall into the atmosphere to burn up there might have been a chance the huge fuel tank might not have burnt up in time and it would have ended up spreading its contents over the east Canada area(i think it was that area - anyone?)

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by freakyclown

im just wondering though what is its fuel content and why is it so toxic?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
It contained Hydrazine fuel...

Clicky

A simple search on google or on ATS will reveal a few threads about the sat being shot down.

new topics

top topics

join