It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan's Assault On The Church, The Bible and More!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
reply to post by ElectricUncleSam

Is he a trip or what? He has a lot of knowledge about the enemy and the occult because he has been there. God can take what was evil and use it for good

Ya he might not be a shining example, but he knows what he's talking about... Makes complete sense and to me when things go together so well it's hard to dispute... Hopefully his message maintains and doesn't get imaginative and bloated...

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUncleSam

Ya he might not be a shining example, but he knows what he's talking about... Makes complete sense and to me when things go together so well it's hard to dispute... Hopefully his message maintains and doesn't get imaginative and bloated...

The coolest thing is that God loves to work through weakness because it reveals Gods glory and not the talent of the person who is doing the talking. So God takes someone like Bill who used to worship Satan and turns him into a powerful weapon against evil. That shows Gods power!

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy

Is he a trip or what? He has a lot of knowledge about the enemy and the occult because he has been there. God can take what was evil and use it for good

You bet he can... There is a reason for everything and everyone... Maybe it's to do something like this... Maybe to something else, but none the less backs up that theory pretty well...

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I am glad you posted this Sam. I needed to learn about that 1 John 5:7

"For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one."

I think its a good idea to look at different translations and then go back to the original languages if their is any confusion.

I think KJV has some problems as well.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

hello can you u2u me? with this info?

thanks

david

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   

God has a plan,

God is great, he takes a tool of satan, allows him to learn verything and BAMB! opens the guys eyes to the truth. Then uses him to spill everything

brilliant

david

[edit on 4/13/2008 by drevill]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUncleSam

I'm surprised nobody has tried to debunk what this person is saying! I told you it was good information, was I wrong? I think everyone should listen to this once or twice if not 50 times like I have...

I find at the very beginning three issues of disagreement:

A ) His understanding of the meaning of the phrase - "sword of the spirit"

It appears to be shallow and lacking a fuller vision of its intent.

B ) His usage of the word - " Church"

It implies that the Christian religion is the Church of God which is also shallow and lacking

C ) His understanding of religion vs reality

What I mean is, both God and Satan exist in reality they are not philosophical constructs, they effect reality in specific ways which the teaching lacked those specifics keeping the listener from recognizing the workings of Satan or God in their own individual lives where any real impact for the better could be made.

Religion removes the individual from life and living and places them in a alien environment.

Improving that environment is nice, but it has no effect in the day to day life of a person, only on their religious activities which are meaningless in reality to God.

Religious practices, that is rights and rituals and such, are of more use to Satan than God.

The Devil's desire is that he would have God completely removed from our daily activities and placed only in a religious context, in order to deny the individual a vital working relationship with God, which is the desire of God, for the greatest benefit and blessing of the individual.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

No differences (other than word choice) were found. No deleted passages, no re-numbering of the verses because of omissions.

You don't need to omit verses to change the meaning,you can do that with just a word or a punctuation mark.

Saying that though,there have been plenty of words removed as the link below will show you.
www.jesus-is-savior.com...
As can be seen,even the New KJV has been changed and now reads more like the more modern Bibles than its own older version.

For those interested in comparing Bibles i highly recommend this site.
bible.cc...

[edit on 18-4-2008 by jakyll]

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Here's another good site showing the changes made to the new Bibles.

www.scionofzion.com...

It has quotes from the OT as well as the NT,unlike the other link.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

Hello

Ive been down this road already, Some Christians do not see the dangers

of the removed verses subtle alterations etc.

KJV
1 John 4:3, " And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist,"
1 John 4:3, " And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist,"

NIV
This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, 3but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world

here it shows that an evil "spirit/person" can acknowledge Jesus and NOT be antichrist. Jesus as what? a man? an ideal? Pu that together with the type of pastor/minister ive had that doesn't believe in satan and you are in trouble.

david

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by newday

I find at the very beginning three issues of disagreement:

A ) His understanding of the meaning of the phrase - "sword of the spirit"

It appears to be shallow and lacking a fuller vision of its intent.

The way he describes the sword coming out of Christ's mouth and taking out the evil army doesn't sound shallow to me... Could you please explain in a bit more detail what you mean by this statement?

B ) His usage of the word - " Church"

It implies that the Christian religion is the Church of God which is also shallow and lacking

Interesting, yet another rather empty statement, sounds deep, but doesn't really hold much ground... Also the USA and a few other countries maintain more Christians than any other religion making Christianity the majority... Doesn't mean you have to follow it, but I'd say if 80+% believe in Jesus Christ and Christianity in one form or another, we must be onto something...

C ) His understanding of religion vs reality

What I mean is, both God and Satan exist in reality they are not philosophical constructs, they effect reality in specific ways which the teaching lacked those specifics keeping the listener from recognizing the workings of Satan or God in their own individual lives where any real impact for the better could be made.

Where do you get this information? Please explain further... Is this something you learned from your studies or otherwise?

religion removes the individual from life and living and places them in a alien environment.

Huh? If anything the word of God breaths life into you... I'd say if you didn't have God in your life you would be in an alien environment... You'd be out of your onion in my opinion...

Improving that environment is nice, but it has no effect in the day to day life of a person, only on their religious activities which are meaningless in reality to God.

True to a certain extent... The word does say you can practice under any rock... Which to me means you do not need to gather at church to worship the lord, but can do it on your own anytime you wish... Does not mean no worship is necessary... Also does not mean meaningless...

Religious practices, that is rights and rituals and such, are of more use to Satan than God.

True, since God is the creator and the source of all creativity, Satan has none of his own, so he copies or creates to mimic God... Unlike with the lord his rituals aren't worth crap...

The Devil's desire is that he would have God completely removed from our daily activities and placed only in a religious context, in order to deny the individual a vital working relationship with God, which is the desire of God, for the greatest benefit and blessing of the individual.

I'm glad you're aware of this, because he is doing this and has been for a long time... If you are aware you can steer clear, but otherwise you're driving right into his trap...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join