It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Non-Lethal Lasers Being Used In Afghanistan - Video.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Found this interesting, as mentioned, it looks very much like a video game, as at the end the shooter is given a hit accuracy score.
I dont think that this was totally effective, as shown in the video, where they nearly crash, but for anyone whos not seen these things used in a real situation here you go.

Video.

He got a 95% accuracy by the way, not bad lol.

[edit on 17-3-2008 by Denied]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I personally dont see it effectively working in that video/advert, and thats not a score thats the manufacturers estimates of the technology.

also for more info about the GLARE MOUT check this link
www.bemeyers.com...

[edit on 17-3-2008 by freakyclown]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by freakyclown
I personally dont see it effectively working in that video/advert, and thats not a score thats the manufacturers estimates of the technology.

It does look like some advert after taking a second look, like some sort of presentation to potential buyers.

Are you sure its just estimates? It takes into account one hour of use, crashes prevented etc.

Doesn't matter either way really, just interesting to see it being put into action.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Well I was refering to the word "estimate" in that screen shot you provided to gather the fact it was "estimated" hehe

I havent been able to find any other video of this system in use, nor find a reference to it being used by any armed forces.

The whole video is just basically a pitch to potential buyers.

But like you say, intresting to watch (although when I watch it I really cant see the thing working tbh!)

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by freakyclown

It looks rather dangerous, if it can "dazzle" someone. They shot a cyclist in the face with it as he crossed in front of the convoy - if he was blinded, most cyclists I've ever seen will stop their bike immediately. If he did that, he would have been squished.

It looks like another toy to remove the US troops from the sphere of influence of the people they're supposed to be fighting for.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Exactly.... was it the laser that made him swerve...or was it the ruddy great tank that he saw and didn't fancy his chances against!

top topics

join