It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hitchhiking a ride with death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
It's a bright early July morning as I level my thumb while standing at the side of a country road. Several vehicles passed by without one stopping. A station wagon coming my way slows down and stops. The door pops open and I get in the vehicle. A robed figure with bony fingers is at the wheel. He looks at me and I see it is the Grim Reaper. He says:"I've been expecting you. We have somewhere to go." I tried to open the door to get out, but my strength had somhow left me, and I couldn't open it. The Reaper told me not to fight, as it was my time to go and that 'other' were waiting for me on the other side. I asked him what he meant by that and he replied:"You shall soon see."
The rest of the ride seemed like a movie of my life. I saw highlights that I remembered and other things that I had long forgot. My first day of kindergarten, my first crush, my first sexual experience were among the ones I enjoyed remembering. The beatings I took at home and at school were among the things I remembered that I had tried a lifetime to drown out with drugs and alcohol. We were still traveling when I got done going over eveything in my life
When I asked him how much further, he told me:"Not long now." I started singing some songs I used to know. We then turned onto a dirt road heading up a smal hill. I could see a cemetary off in the distance. It was then that it hit me. "I'm dead!", I exclaimed. "When did I die?" "Right after you go in the station wagon.", he replied. We then pulled into thecemetary and drove around it's winding roads until we go to an open gravesite where a few people were gathered. I immediately recognized everyone there. Both of my brothers were there, as well as my nephew and two neices. Several other relatives and a bunch of friends like Danny, Andy, Tracy, Karen, Ken, and Sarah. Then I could see myself slipping into the casket. It was funny, though, that I could still see everyone through the casket lid. I was rather surprised that everyone was actually crying because I was dead. I could hear them giving their little testimonials as to how I had touched each of their life's. I was both happy and sad at the same time. Thn things got dark when the Pastor concluded his remarks and they lowered the casket into the hole and started covering it wth dirt. Then, slowly at first, saw a bright spot. It started to appoach me. Closer it got and faster it came. Then I was awashed in a bright light with another figure there dressed in a white robe. He welcomed me to heaven and had me met all my family and friends that had proceeded me there. It felt good to be with them all, from my mother and grandparents to Lisa and everyone else. I also had a new body.

join