It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People can be disgusting!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
My grandparents have come from Ireland to Australia for a month to visit me; they have been here for 2 weeks so far.

On Friday we where out in Darling Harbour (a tourist area in Sydney). As we where walking across a footbridge to the monorail station my Nan collapsed and started to have a heart attack, Hundreds of people just walked past looking at her and didn’t stop to help.

I ran to call an ambulance, so while I was gone people would of just seen my Nan on the ground having the attack and my granddad standing next to her, so they where just an old couple on their own. Still hundreds of people kept on walking past.

Finally a young Aussie guy and Elderly Asian couple stopped what they where doing and ran over to my Nan once they seen her, they stayed with us, helped keep her cool (it was a very hot day) and helped the paramedics find exactly where we were.

Now, for the disgusting bit. The place where my Nan collapsed and had the attack was next to the Monorail station, in front of the Monorail Map. A lady came over to look at the map, but couldn’t see it is as my Nan was having a hart attack in front of it, the lady continued to try get around my Nan so she could look at the map, the lady kept huffing and puffing because my Nan was blocking her view. What made it more disturbing is this lady was a mother, someone that disgusting should not be allowed have kids.

While I was grateful for the young guy and old couple who stopped and helped, I am still disgusted at the hundreds of people who just looked and kept walking, and am completely disgusted at the lady who was trying to look at the map.

Well that’s my rant!

Mikey

[edit on 16/3/2008 by Mikey84]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
OMG! Completely understandable. The very rude lady looking at the map would have gotten more than just a piece of my mind.
That is just horribly sad for you Mikey.
Is your grandmother going to be OK?

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Yea I think she will be fine now, she has tests today and if ok we are hopping (fingers crossed) that she gets out later today. Being in the hospital would have to be one of the worse things, even more so if it’s on your holiday.

While I don’t wish it on anyone, what goes around comes around, in some form. I just didn’t think people could be like that, I hate to think what would have happened if she was on her own.

Mikey

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikey84

Agreed, totally. What goes around comes around.
Glad that she is OK Mikey.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikey84

You have no idea how disgusting people can be, Mikey. Sometimes I wish I can just declare armageddon and be done with it.
I'm glad your grandma is gonna be okay. Let's hope for the best.

top topics

join