It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Audit: Bush 'barely' trims FOIA backlog

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Audit: Bush 'barely' trims FOIA backlog

www.rawstory.com

The archive, a private research group at The George Washington University, released its seventh audit Sunday of the 1967 law that gives people the power to request information from federal government files. The audit of 90 government agencies found mixed results from Bush's executive order on Dec. 14, 2005, to agencies to clear the backlog and be more responsive to requesters.

"Behind its ambitious facade, the order lacked both carrot and stick," the audit said, because it provided no additional money to do the job and no way to force agencies to set substantial goals or step up their efforts if they fell short.

"Many of the same old scofflaw agencies are still shirking their responsibilities to the public," said Tom Blanton, director of the archive, whose FOIA audits are funded by the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
LMAO.

I would love to say I'm suprised by this, but coming from the most sneaky and secretive cabal in the history of the United States, I don't think ANYONE would be suprised that they're being less than helpful at giving citizens access to material.

Double LOL @ DHS security promising to eliminate its ENTIRE backlog but then actually letting it GROW. Haha

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

join