It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Been to your local shopping centre recently?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I was walking around my local Asda (Walmart) yesterday, when after 5 minutes of people watching, had my feelings confirmed. The governments of the world don't need any deep black cover up to hide ANYTHING. The majority and by that I mean the privileged majority, not those living in 'third world' conditions, wouldn't know a ufo conspiracy if it came up to them and straightened their baseball cap, and more importantly they wouldn't care.

Seriously, picture yourself in the queue at Walmart discussing any of the subjects that are mentioned on ATS with your fellow shoppers, you would be stoned to death with frozen chicken nuggets before you made it to the door.

I'm not sure of the maths but I'm guessing that out of the 6.7 billion people that are living in the world today, it will be a tiny percentage of people who would spend time even considering, nevermind researching the possibilities of UFO, alien cover ups.

This leads me to think that maybe, we (the minority), give the governments way too much credit. Why would they need to bump off some nerdy UFO guy, for saying too much about something that most people wouldn't look away from Oprah for 2 secs for? The mere mention on CNN that Britney is carrying her third child would relegate any Martian news to the bottom of the news pile in a twinkling.

I do think there are things going on in the Universe, close to home that the governments are actually frightened of and that is why they debunk and deny. I don't think they know half of what we think they know. I would be amazed, that considering the state of the global economies, they would be spending the kind of money that they do looking out into space, on the ISS projects etc.. if they already knew everything. Sure they may have found some banged up ET hot rodders on holiday in New Mexico which helped them to create velcro and instant mash or whatever.. but overall my guess is that they don't know squat.

There is an overwhelming amount of information flying around the web right now, good quality bad quality, all mixed together to create a soup of bafflement to keep the eggheads and the curious busy. While the frightened governments whirl between screwing up their own countries other peoples countries, trying to control the great unwashed keeping from thinking about anything, so that they keeping going to work and making money, so that powers that be can keep making money, keep control, keep being scared and on and on it goes..

In summary... as fascinating and enjoyable as ATS and all the different conspiracies no matter how important and serious the topics are, I feel that a simple look around your local supermarket will confirm - that we are all Royally Screwed.

Peace

berth

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Well I guess thats one way of lookin at it..but people in third world countries have more important things to think about..basic SURVIVAL. They are too busy with that to notice anything else unless its "in your face" kinda event..but otherwise they have their attention fixed on just living. Whereas we enjoy the luxury of entertaining ourselves. I feel this is coming to an end as well..but it doesn't negate the fact that things ARE happening above our heads..there's plenty of evidence to support that.
cheers

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by badBERTHA

That's scary. I thought the UK would be a little more sophisticated than the US. I should have known after watching "Keeping Up Appearances" for years that our culture has polluted the rest of the planet.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by atsguy_106

I completely agree.. I was kind having a go at the richer countries who have been mentally downsized by modern greedy living. Seriously - learned people from the mildly interested to the complete Poindexters of this world are completely outnumbered by people who just don't give a fig - which is why I think it unlikely that there is as big a cover up as people feel. If you are in a third world country access to knowledge may be very limited and very low down the priority scale and the rest of the world is disappearing up its own supersized behind.

ET may well be parked on our doorstep but look around (the majority) of the world - none really wants to know.

Sorry for the bleak viewpoint - Asda has a habit of weakening my faith in humanity.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Yea, but that WOULD change if there was a major disclosure..as religion is as important to those countries and implications of this may well affect that.
They also want to live as we do..which is unsustainable given current resources right. A disclosure would mean that there are better ways to produce energy which can be used for great peaceful efforts..or great destruction. Those in power know this and so can never release this knowledge..we ourselves would end up killing each other for unlimited energy..how much more those who have nothing?
People can barely drive cars from A to B without crashing..imagine an antimatter powersource in every flying SUV and what would happen? thats just the start..no way no how do they want UFO tech or info out there among the "common people" which includes you & me

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by badBERTHA

Seriously, picture yourself in the queue at Walmart discussing any of the subjects that are mentioned on ATS with your fellow shoppers, you would be stoned to death with frozen chicken nuggets before you made it to the door.

Just look for the person buying tin foil in bulk amounts.

I think a good percentage of the population has at least some interest in UFO's. I have never met a person who didn't know what UFO stood for etc.

People just don't want to talk about it.

We just happen to embrace it here.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by atsguy_106
Yea, but that WOULD change if there was a major disclosure..as religion is as important to those countries and implications of this may well affect that.
They also want to live as we do..which is unsustainable given current resources right. A disclosure would mean that there are better ways to produce energy which can be used for great peaceful efforts..or great destruction. Those in power know this and so can never release this knowledge..we ourselves would end up killing each other for unlimited energy..how much more those who have nothing?
People can barely drive cars from A to B without crashing..imagine an antimatter powersource in every flying SUV and what would happen? thats just the start..no way no how do they want UFO tech or info out there among the "common people" which includes you & me

I think you have not thought out the contributions robotics and AI would play in such things as vehicle control. We are standing at a brink where, if we had free energy, we could eliminate poverty, and money as well (removing the object of the love that is the root of all evil).

For money is merely a representation of an exchange of energy which, as things stand now, is finite in terms of what we can economically access. With infinite energy, available to individuals on an as needed basis, money becomes moot.

And we can have any material thing we want (we changed lead into gold in the 1970's, but only made a very little bit of gold because, with the cost of energy thrown in, the gold produced would cost on the order of a million dollars an ounce. With infinite energy, we could turn anything into gold and build our cities of it (in theory, of course. In practice, it probably isn't a good idea to build home of pure gold...)).

Given that the chart of technological advances projects a jump in advancement to an effectively infinite point in late 2012, if we had free energy, we would have unlimited luxury. Robots, medical advances, AI workers, and so on... We would be free to do what we want and not have to haul ourselves out of bed to slog to work doing some tedious, boring, or filthy job. We could write poetry, create paintings, write stories, play games, go to amusement parks, dance till we dropped, research unhindered, and on and on. Whatever we want to do.

The Elite, of course, are high on their "We're better than all the rest of you" trip. They don't want to lose that status. So they are suppressing information, fighting discoveries, burying inquiries... If we have the same standard of living as they have (which is what will happen with free energy), they would have to show richness of character over richness of pocketbook to justify their view of themselves.

Personally, I hunt for free energy solutions, and I wonder why, with the awesome possibility of us all living like kings, so many just poo-poo free energy without investigation into the likes of Wilhelm Reich, Nikola Tesla and Viktor Schauberger. I have build a few of Reich's devices (some are very cheap and easy to make) and have enough evidence that suggests that the energy is there.

And I theorize it is Dark Energy that is what I saw manifest.

So, yes, BERTHA, as long as we sigh and believe there is nothing we can do, we are screwed. But I believe that if we actually start researching (while we have some modicum of net neutrality), doing our own experiments, promoting such activity among our peers... If we do that, the breakthrough will come in many places and be virtually impervious to suppression.

As long as we believe free energy is a pipe dream, we are screwed.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Thanks for your response Amaterasu..very elegantly and eloquently put.. as you may have guessed I was probably being a bit flippant but I am interested in generating a genuine debate on society as it stands, are we really ready for Disclosure? And do the governments of the world (not just the US) really know what's going on with regards ET? Free energy and the like?

I have read a fair amount on ATS and the www about free energy, UFO antimatter dufers and viewed countless "is or isn't this dot of lores light against a pitch black background a hoax?" posts. There have been some very compelling arguments - Mike Singh's threads are always very enlightening for example. But despite my constant reading, searching and personal belief I haven't seen anything that is absolute proof.

I find it a bit unnerving when ATSers talk with complete authority about UFO propulsion systems etc as if they'd just finished waxing one. What is important to me is that people do debate and reason with one another to help filter through the infomudtion that we are knee deep in. But that we also don't get so engrossed and blinkered that we forget to look around and keep things in context.

Cheers - I'm feeling a bit better now

Berth

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I used to think that the people that shopped at the big box stores were stupid too; but now with the advent of runaway inflation $3.50 a gal petrol, I now see that they weren't stupid as much as just poor. Like me.

By the way, you were standing in line with them I presume. So.....

You very well could be surprised at the acuity of a lot of the shoppers there; granted, some of them are genetic throwbacks but even Los Alamos phd's will drive 50 mi. for their weekly shopping and they know all about
most of the conspiracies discussed on ATS. But they ain't talking. Some of their kids are however so keep your ears open cause a lot of those kids are here.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   

reply to post by Amaterasu

Thanks for your response Amaterasu..very elegantly and eloquently put.. as you may have guessed I was probably being a bit flippant but I am interested in generating a genuine debate on society as it stands, are we really ready for Disclosure? And do the governments of the world (not just the US) really know what's going on with regards ET? Free energy and the like?

Most welcome. As for society as it stands now, I am certain that there is much known that is not considered by those who control it to be for "public consumption." Who has the data is a bit debatable, but it is a good guess that if we follow the money through the corporations on into the banks, we will have a good idea of who hold the cards.

Are we ready for Disclosure? I think yes. Though there will always be those who cannot deal with such things, overall, I would say we are ready.

Are we ready for free energy? Virtually all of us, yes. Only the Elite stand to lose anything should we develop free energy.

To withhold these data from us on the pretext that we are not ready is a crime against humanity. For with the truth we will be set free.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
You know, they do say the best way to hide things from people is to leave it right out in the open.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
The Shaman of this world call what your referring to as the "Consensus Trance". We are too busy in the quest for "stuff" - too bedazzled by trinkets and shiny objects to cast our minds into the Real World. The populations of this world are in slumber.

Most people are fooled each week when they pick up their paycheck believing that they are empowered and free. It's just cunningly disguised slavery and it's easier to buy into it than it is to fight it.

Michael Franti wrote a song called "Television (The Drug Of The Nation)". The lyrics that stood out to me were:

"TV - Where straight teeth are more important than the words that come out of them".

It doesn't have to be talk of ET that illicits apathy in the general public. It's anything that forces them the "Wake Up" and be accountable. It's much easier to fill your life with meaningless stuff and stay asleep.

Finally, Jello Biafra wrote a song called "Shut Up, Be Happy". I'm sure the lyrics will resonate even more with people today that when it was written. Kinda spooky really.

Shut Up, Be Happy

We interrupt this program with a special bulletin:
America is now under martial law.
All constitutional rights have been suspended.
Stay in your homes.
Do not attempt to contact loved ones, insurance agents or attorneys.
Shut up.
Do not attempt to think or depression may occur.
Stay in your homes.
Curfew is at 7 PM sharp after work.
Anyone caught outside the gates of their subdivision sectors after curfew
will be shot.
Remain calm, do not panic.
Your neighborhood watch officer will be by to collect urine samples in
the morning.
Anyone caught interfering with the collection of urine examples will be
shot.
Stay in your homes, remain calm.
The number one enemy of progress is questions.
National security is more important than individual will.
All sports broadcasts will proceed as normal.
No more than two people may gather anywhere without permission.
Use only the drugs prescribed by your boss or supervisor.
Shut up, be happy.
Obey all orders without question.
The comfort you've demanded is now mandatory.
Be happy.
At last everything is done for you.

By Jello Biafra

Ok, I guess it's not totally ET/UFO related by neither is the whole thread really. Interesting though

InfraRedman Out!

[edit on 17/3/08 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   

I actually wouldn't mind chicken nuggets thrown at me as long as they're not frozen.

As for your comment, of course, what did u expect? People are just preocupied with a lot more important things in their lives, then to think about aliens buzzing over our heads.

You know when will that change? When those little grey men finally decide to land in front of the White House and give interview to Christiane Amanpour.

Untill then, it's not gonna matter to 90% of population. Except to us weirdos.

Yup!

[edit on 17-3-2008 by Breadfan]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by badBERTHA

After reading here for a year and then joining, I spent my first night as a member on ATS for 8 solid hours, the next day I was looking at the whole world in a different kind of light. I feel like those of us who seek out answers and a place to voice our non conventional and sometimes paranormal and alien beliefs are more aware, not closed minded to what is really going on around us, that is why we are here in the first place. I feel perfectly ok with telling things on here that I could never say to most of my own family without them pulling a Britney Spears intervention on me! But I know that ATS members, whether they agree or not with what I believe, they are here because they too have beliefs that this is the only forum in which they can vent. We are comfortable here. We are aware and willing to accept that changes are taking place, things have and will happen that will blow our minds, and that nothing is impossible.

edit= spelling

[edit on 17-3-2008 by space cadet]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Breadfan

'No Kitty those are my chicken nuggets!! Mom!' Love the avatar! Sorry for the one liner.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   

I was walking around my local Asda (Walmart) yesterday, when after 5 minutes of people watching, had my feelings confirmed. The governments of the world don't need any deep black cover up to hide ANYTHING. The majority and by that I mean the privileged majority, not those living in 'third world' conditions, wouldn't know a ufo conspiracy if it came up to them and straightened their baseball cap, and more importantly they wouldn't care.

I would suspect the hidden truth is kept hidden for those who are actually interested opposed to those who aren’t, the media make the masses interested in stupid things like Michael Jackson scandals instead of more relevant issues. For those who are seeking the truth in the world – the smart ones – that’s the reason why it’s hidden, the government can’t rely on everyone to be village idiots…..

Just because various people have other things on their mind doesn’t mean the things they don’t think about aren’t true – no one knew about skull and bones 10 year ago but it still exists…Just because people are ignorant about something doesn’t mean it’s not a reality.

I'm not sure of the maths but I'm guessing that out of the 6.7 billion people that are living in the world today, it will be a tiny percentage of people who would spend time even considering, nevermind researching the possibilities of UFO, alien cover ups.

And for those small amounts of people are researching the alien phenomena, that’s why the cover up is necessary, because if even one of those small amounts of people find out the truth then all those uninterested people will all of a sudden become very very interested.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
it's all about distractions. Too many of them. I only speak about these things with people If I feel their energy is warm and accepting. But that's only if I'm around you long enough to actually get a feel for it.

I think a lot of people are just too distracted by many external and internal stimuli to care long enough about certain things. Latley the energy I feel makes me think that more people are tuning in, but still give in to their learned behaviors and patterns.

Oddly enough where is the easiest spot to hide, right in the open...

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a jst think tht so many ppl are too wrapped up in ther own little worlds with ther own little goings on, they dnt think for a minute to look up n actually think about what is actually out there. then u mention it to them n they look at u as if ur a weirdo. *snip*. wouldnt be tht if a ufo landed in ther back yard, theyd come runnin, "oh what wer u sayn bout all tht #".. on yer bike matey...

ftall

[edit on 17-3-2008 by Gillies]

[edit on 17-3-2008 by Gillies]

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 17-3-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Great thread!!! I happen to agree with all of you 100%.

I often wonder what the 'powers that be' think of people like us. Are they a little freaked out that we are not like the other lab rats ? Are we a potential problem for them ? Are we defective in their eyes? Will we be in danger for not playing the game ?

At the end of the day I am glad I have the ability to see the wood through the trees, in saying that, I do not always see and understand everything.

I actually like to meet people in social settings and pick their brains about what they think and believe regarding the topics that one can find on ATS. I occasionally come across a kindred spirit but the majority are just like
those people in the supermarket. Needless, to say I have a very small group of friends.

When I need to be with like minds...I come to ATS.

take care all
res

[edit on 17-3-2008 by resistancia]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Hi Space Cadet - I'm a bit like yourself.. I've been educated, entertained and enraged by the subjects on ATS over the past year or so..I occasionally risk a good old fashioned poo pooing from my workmates when I discuss some of the topics. These are all educated people but they laugh at the idea of little green men and just say CGI when you show them any videos (often & sadly they are right). Often peoples hard efforts to open peoples eyes are burned down by the mere mention of (whispered voice - Reptilians) or the fateful 2012, such comments are usually leapt on by well intentioned but gullible ATSers and again the info sludge takes over.

Just think back on the number of potentially brain popping threads that have vanished under the weight of repeat threads, potentially worthless threads (like this one - I admit) and the like. My intentions are honourable though, I do feel that we are very much the minority, although I take on some good points from even this small thread. And I hope I'm wrong, when the mother of all Youtube videos appears that just cannot be denied and is spread like wildfire to the masses - I just hope they don't remix it with a song.

berth

top topics

<<   2 >>

join