It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China sets Tibet protest deadline

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   

China sets Tibet protest deadline

news.bbc.co.uk

The authorities in Tibet have given anti-Chinese demonstrators until Monday to surrender, following violence that officials say left 10 people dead.

"The plot of the separatists will fail," the head of Tibet's government warned as security forces patrolled the main city, Lhasa.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Reports, unconfirmed, are putting the death toll at 100. Another brutal day in Tibet by the hands of the Communist occupation. The People's Republic are atheist and do not allow any sort of religious freedom, that is the doctrine of Communism. Religion controls the masses (according to Marx)

But back to Tibet, the Dalai Lama does not want independence just more culture independence, but China says no to separatism.

I've always felt China should not be allowed to host the Olympics because of their support for the Burma military government and the occupation of Tibet.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Britain, the US and the EU all appealed for restraint, while the Dalai Lama, speaking from his seat of exile in Dharmsala, described the clashes as a "manifestation of the deep-rooted resentment of the Tibetan people".

"I therefore appeal to the Chinese leadership to stop using force and address the long-simmering resentment of the Tibetan people through dialogue with the Tibetan people," he said.

Daily Telegraph

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I say we all ban goods from China and not have anything to do with the Olympics. I will not watch any of it. I was in a store before Valentines day looking for some good candy for my sweetheart. Upon looking at the box of a candy I saw it was made in China. I looked at everyone there around me and said hey this crap is made in China and everyone looked at what they had in their hands and they all put it back on the shelf and left.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Due to China's economic might and wealth, our governments are likely to turn a blind eye to Tibet. Western governments have nothing but warm words for Chinese money.

US policy has changed on Taiwan and the current administration is against the idea of Taiwan UN membership because it "does not want to damage US-Chinese relations"

I fear for Tibet now.

[edit on 15-3-2008 by infinite]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Hmm... Well.

I hobe the Buddhists maintain their philosophy. There is no shame in ending the protest for now. There is alot to lose by challenging the Chinese government to another stand off.

I am fully behind Tibet but I think they should take this warning as a time to recoop and allow some global awareness of their situation to develop.

Every time we are reminded of Tibets situation whether it's a violent protest or the Dalai Lama seeking refuge, the consciousness and awareness of their situation goes up by a certain magnitude.

Being a master of metaphysics, the Dalai knows this I am sure. Tibetan Buddhists are not out to fight the Chinese government, but they are definitely luring in the Red Tiger for a reason.

Good thoughts to Tibet, they are gonna make it through this.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

Excellent suggestion, Sky watcher- we SHOULD ban Chinese imports
alltogether!

I get stuff from Wal-Mart, and it's all 'made in China", so i'm watching
out more, now.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
As I said, our governments have destroyed Western manufacturing sector and most have gone to China because it is cheap.

The Chinese know we are dependent.

That's why eighty have been killed in Tibet

[edit on 16-3-2008 by infinite]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
1 man dead is enough for me if I were an athlete to not go there.And I would make my position known when I have the most mass media coverage. Maybe when there is that parade at the beginning I would hold a sign. F..k the others and their "Olympics". Nothing more than big business, they totally lost the way of the first Olympics

I mean maybe I do not care about those Tibetans killed, they were strangers, who cares ? But to go there and happily do my sport thing when I know what happens outside I could no do

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by pai mei

I share your expressions in the post. I could not freely travel and take part in a sporting event while citizens have been killed in the same nation. Highly immoral. You'd have to question the humanity and morality of those individuals who are turning a blind eye to Tibet in order to keep China happy.

top topics

join