It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Funny opinions about organized religion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
During my day's, I ofetn start thinking about my views on religion. Here are a couple ones I actually believe. First let me say that this is an argumentative post so please try not to get offended as these are my opinions. For the first thought I will use christany as the example:

christians claim that they follow christ, but what would happen if christ actually popped up and said "here i am"? I believe anyone claiming to be christ, who genuinly believed it would be locked in a padded room quick fast and in a hurry. If the so said christ was to attempt to prove himself, I believe he would be percieved a military threat and killed on site.

My next thought is in reguards to prophets:

Why are religious prophets ok, and non religious prophets not? A couple people stating babaloyn will fall is still being used to explain iraq. But nostradomus was wrong in his almost same prophecies? Just because he found them himself and not from some god?

just a few things about the hypocracy of religion that amuse me

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Ogre14t

If religion was so easily removed from a person's psyche, it wouldn't be here. It's useless discussing it, as believers believe without reason, without supporting facts - simply because "faith" means they're unnecessary. Couple in the fact that many people need religion to get by (as it promises them something for the suffering they're enduring in life), so you can appreciate why they're reluctant to let go to what they perceive is a life-line.

Scientists, and logical people, learn from evidence that has been discovered, and augment their views on the world based on it.

join