It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hospice Legal Murder and the Victim Pays

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Medically-Induced Coma is First Step to Euthanasia
Shocking? Of course. True? You bet. We receive complaints all the time about hospices that refuse to provide required services to patients and their families. The response of some hospice staff, when families start inquiring about why their loved one is not receiving home health aides or has shortness of breath after walking around, is often, "why don't we just give him (or her) some more valium (or Ativan, or other sedative) to help him relax?" The patient in these cases is not anxious, but needs a home health aide, or needs oxygen; he or she does not need to be sent into a medically induced coma from which he will never return at the current level of sedation.

Stop the Murder

This is my second post, and its personal. Last night my "evil" older sister placed my mom is a lcal hospice she once worked in. It is run by her close friends. This was done over my objections and perhaps even mom's. My sister told us of her intent over christmas and mom told me she was very afraid of my sis and hospice. On a day I was "down" my sis went to vist and suddenly mom got sick. Sis had to stay the night with her and the next thing I knew.........mom had signed the papers. Immediately the hospice put her on methadone.

Sis has medical power of attorney and I am helpless.

This is madness, I am watching evil, evil people murder my own mother and short of an armed attack, I can do nothing. The paperwork indicates the hospice is "taking" mom medicad to pay for her own murder.

This is insane......................and its legal.................

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 3/14/08 by FredT]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
why are you not able to speak with your mother? Is she ok with this?

I am going on assumption here... but it sounds like your mom is unable to say? .....How did she sign the papers if so?

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Hmmm, methadone is a common pain reliever without any details of what exactly is wrong with your mother it is hard to make any conclution as to what is correct or not.

The main source in your linked article, Ron Panzer, is one of those hard core fundementalist that brought us the Terri Schaivo mess and has an underlying religious/ultra right wing agends based on what I have seen so far, but I will do some more digging.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by WishI
why are you not able to speak with your mother? Is she ok with this?

I am going on assumption here... but it sounds like your mom is unable to say? .....How did she sign the papers if so?

She is pretty druged right now. She had an upset stomach last night. Thats all. It sounds like my sis convinced her it was an alternative to the ER. That she would be home on monday. But as of late, sis is calling all the relatives to come pay last respects.

FredT. This isn't about 'terri" it is about legal murder. Too many stories of otherwise healthy elderly people ending up dead after being taken to hospice for minor issues. (as an alternative to the ER) as my sis put it...'For a minor tune-up".............then always "suddenly and unexpectantly" they become very ill and die............

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by witnessrevthe

I do realize its not about 'Terri" however, its the agenda and editorial slant of that I was pointing out.

In regards to your mother there are several things you can do right now:

1) You can get a second opinion of an outside MD that you feel you can trust. It will cost some $$$ but it can give you some grounds if warrented to put your sister on the spot. It could be very well that there are legit resons for what they are doing.

2) If she gave your sister medical power of attorney etc. find out who drafted the documents. Find out who notarized them. Without a notary, they are not really all that legal. Also if a lawyer was involved, they worked for you mother as far as the law is concerned no matter who hired them and could be liable if fraud is going on etc.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I'm no expert but you may still have a case for medical malpractice. I'd consult an attorney.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Yeah, after reading the original post, the first thing I thought of was 'consult a lawyer', which has also been mentioned by others already. Hopefully there is something you can do, and I hope that you can manage to resolve this quickly and without incident.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Fred's advice is spot on (and he works in the medical field, so he knows.) My dad was in a hospice for awhile -- he's out now and back at his home and doing reasonably well after all he's been through (at age 87, yet!)

Check with a lawyer and see if you can get an independent confirmation.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   

If you are going to do something about your mom's situation you need to be quick about it.

For years I had heard how great Hospice was. When my dad got to a point that we needed help in bathing him we called hospice as our doctor suggested.

They immediately stopped all his medication. He was badly diabetic, had lung disease and a heart condition. The medications were controlling his illnesses fairly well.

Hospice provided a bottle of liquid morphine and told us to administer several drops of the liquid every time he had a difficult time breathing.

Four days later he was dead.

I have seen the same thing happen to many other patients.

Not meaning to be dramatic, but I feel the actions of Hospice hastened my dad's death.

IMHO they assist in legal murder. I realize now I should have stopped it.

Dizzie

[edit on 15-3-2008 by dizziedame]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Thank you all. I will be seeing a lawyer as soon as possible. What makes things worse is my sis once worked for this hospice, they will protect her. When I visited mom she was fine, but, she was too fine, my daughter told me they intend on increasing her methadone level since she has already become addapted to 2.5 mg level twice a day. During the visit we watched a movie, she knew all the actors names, the name of the movie, the plot etc, etc. She is not "terminal" in any way.

This will be a serious fight. Now sis has decided if mom survives the weekend? she is going to put her is a nursing home run by other "friends" of hers that happens to be many,, many miles from everyones house. My daughter and I life 5 minutes from mom. Now she will be hours? away...Oh yeah, sis once worked at this place too.

God Bless you all and thanks................

PS when I did see mom she wanted to go home sunday...........I want to go just pick her up and take her, but would probably be arrested for trying.

[edit on 16-3-2008 by witnessrevthe]

top topics

join