It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robbie Williams and UFOs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Pop star robbie williams is known to be very interseted in the subject of UFOs and has claimed to have many strange dreams about them, i would guess he believes he has been abducted but doesnt want to state that(just a guess)
In the paper today its says he wants to buy observatory dome to gaze at the night sky.
If you are living in the States you probably havent heard of him. Whatever youre opinion of him he is classed as pop royalty and is absolutely hugh in europe.
I think its great that he states he is interested in UFOs and isnt afraid about what people will say.
I think this also shows a change in peoples opinions on the subject as years ago his career would be over and he would be classed as a madman.
Maybe its time to tap Robbie up to see if he will promote this site, maybe he is already a member, whatever the case at least it gets the subject in the paper. The more people read the more they are desensetized to the facts that we talk about as common knowledge.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Good for him on talking about UFOs

Anyone truly interested in the subject has probably run across this site in their travels.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo2012
Whatever youre opinion of him he is classed as pop royalty and is absolutely hugh in europe.

Just curious but was "hugh" a mispelling or is that vernacular for like he is so Hugh like Hugh Grant, implying he is as popular as him or something?

Anyways, that's interesting about purchasing an observatory. On the show UFO Hunters when they cut to their "HQ" it's a freakin gigantic observatory! I would kill for that to be in on my land.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by merryxmas

hugh should of been huge.(need to check over what i,ve wrote in future)

Here is a link to the story
www.contactmusic.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I dont know what these celebrities know that we dont (acually we can also smell)... Tom Cruise is also upto something...

[edit on 13-3-2008 by communicator]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Whilst I think it is a good thing that pop celebrities voice personal opinions about the UFO phenomena (Lennon, Bowie to name two), it does concern me when it involves our Robbie.

Don't get me wrong; IMO (and millions of others) he is a fabulous, world class performer and a star in the old-fashioned sense of the word, and as such should not complain when such a high profile personage becomes associated with UFOs. However, Robbies famous sense of humour combined with his search for some kind of purpose in life just rings alarm bells.

It makes me wonder why he's decided to go public. The story of his video on Youtube in which he sang about finding God springs to mind (I would supply a link but couldn't find it. Has it been dropped?) Was that for publicity, for a bet, or part of his search for meaning?

It's well known that he has had problems in the past. His brave admission about depression on UK TV (with the actor Stephen Fry) was an inspiring confession for those who suffer from it. Not that that should colour our opinion of his actions, but it cannot be ignored that he may well be in the throws of a period of elation. Whilst under the influence of this particular facet of depression, sufferers find life to be wonderful and are overly enthusiastic. (I am not promoting this as fact in relation to Robbie, only as an opinion).

Maybe this is what we are seeing in Robbie's behaviour. If it is, then we can expect the whole thing to blow over. I would love for it not to be this and honestly wish my worries are unfounded.

The thought of him getting in so far that he cannot back out with dignity, and then start to suffer from a prolonged, extremely public breakdown like another well-known conspiracy figure (Icke) is dreadful. The man does not deserve that.
Unspoken ridicule will follow him in his new endeavour, as it does many sincere ufologists, so I hope he is prepared.

Of course his choice could well be made without the influence of depression, and I hope this is the case.

I, for one, wish him well and good hunting.

[edit on 13-3-2008 by Beamish]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
You gotta love this Robbie Williams picture ...

He does look a little like the Chilbolton Crop Circle face.

He does look a bit like a star-child with all them nice girls.

Hmm ...

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Its just great to hear about someone im a huge fan of speaking out about things he will get ridiculed and laughed over.

Lets not forget Robbie is a superstar. I hope he is the first and the one who will become the person that other people with power take as an example. So they will think "# it, i will speak my mind too".

Did i mention im a huge fan

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
i find it really great that such a high profile celebrity has a position on ufo's and what not.

as many others has already posted, robbie williams is big in europe, but he has barely made a dent in the states.

still the his admission of his interest in this topic is a very good thing. but then again it seems to me, europeans tend to have more of an open mind on topics of the unexplained.

if he does get an observatory, it would be interesting to see what may be found.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo2012
Pop star robbie williams is known to be very interseted in the subject of UFOs and has claimed to have many strange dreams about them, i would guess he believes he has been abducted but doesnt want to state that(just a guess)
In the paper today its says he wants to buy observatory dome to gaze at the night sky.
If you are living in the States you probably havent heard of him. Whatever youre opinion of him he is classed as pop royalty and is absolutely hugh in europe.
I think its great that he states he is interested in UFOs and isnt afraid about what people will say.
I think this also shows a change in peoples opinions on the subject as years ago his career would be over and he would be classed as a madman.
Maybe its time to tap Robbie up to see if he will promote this site, maybe he is already a member, whatever the case at least it gets the subject in the paper. The more people read the more they are desensetized to the facts that we talk about as common knowledge.

You got what you wanted, there is an article in the guardian, about him on ufo's, again, in which he mentions visiting abovetopsecret.com.

Also i dont really get the people which states its a bad thing because of his drug and alcohol troubles in the past.

So what? people think what they wanna think, and its know Robbie doesnt give a flying # about other peoples opinion about him.

Just because his past he is not a madman that does damage to the ufo scene.. How many people are there that after such a troublesome past "found god"?
Does religion get a bad image because of it? No.

I now know Robbie is on this board and i hope people will not make him go away because of the things they unrespectfully say.
He is entitled to his beliefs just as we are... troublesome past or not.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The Robbie Mania is here to stay on ATS..

I just hope he doing great whatever he wishes to do on his life!

new topics

top topics

join