It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North American Union / Amero

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
With the U.S. dollar collapsing is the Amero in our near future? www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
All signs point to, maybe...

With the dollar collapsing, and the NAFTA being considered, there is a real possibility that the Amero will be replacing the dollar in the near future.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
This is another situation being handed to our future president .

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
It would make sense. Multiple currencies don't really help in such tightly-knit economic partnerships.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShaunMK
With the dollar collapsing, and the NAFTA being considered, there is a real possibility that the Amero will be replacing the dollar in the near future.

What do you by the bolded statement? NAFTA has been in place for a while now. The Canadian dollar is still ok, so why would Canada switch because the US wants too?

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Canadians want NO PART OF NAU, any person I have spoke to is adamant they do not want Canada's currency or soverignty taken away. I truly belive the opposition would be to great up here for the NAU to succeed they would actually have to detain mass ammounts of Canadians and make us a police state for it to work. We are doing very well on our own and it would be stupid for Canada to follow America into any major deal. I cant think of one good thing that would happen to Canada as a result of a NAU?

[edit on 13-3-2008 by Slickinfinity]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Seeing the sheer amount of trade between Canada and the US, if the US wanted Canada to adopt it, forcing the issue might be a possibility. I'm not saying it would work, but the US can exert terrific pressure on its major trading partners, as the US consumes so much.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by InSpiteOf

Im sorry, I should educate myself more on NAFTA. However, who said they will accept it? You've seen what happens when other nations disagree with us and wont work with us. America makes the change themselves, usually harshly. Possibly could see embargos with canada if the amero (if it is being made) isn't accepted by them?

It's all speculation, but that's my opnion.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShaunMK
Im sorry, I should educate myself more on NAFTA. However, who said they will accept it? You've seen what happens when other nations disagree with us and wont work with us. America makes the change themselves, usually harshly. Possibly could see embargos with canada if the amero (if it is being made) isn't accepted by them?
It's all speculation, but that's my opnion.

No problem, but heres the thing. Canada and the US are big trading partners, if the US decided to increase tarrifs or try an all out embargo, I think the US would find a lot less of the essential goods it needs to survive.

Its not like the US can just call Canada a terrorist or Rogue nation; Western Democracies do not attack Western Democracies. The world theater would not put up with it.

top topics

join