It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experiencing periodical backache, around pelvis and lower back? The Cure (possibly)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Hi all, especially those with SI-joint misalignment!

I myself have experienced periodical backache for 10+ years. In first years, I used to visit doctors, but they could only offer temporary relief for the pain in form of painkillers or appointments to fysiologists and other practioners of manual manipulation of human body... While these methods often help, they only offer relief to the pain - they treat symptoms, not the cause.

Just few days ago I was again struck with this backache quite severely. I started look up help from the internet, as my trust to conventional medicine has decayed due the time and money consuming visits to various doctors. So I found out about SI-joint and it's misalignment from some site's hosted by various finnish naturopaths. I quickly selfdiagnosed myself according to the instructions I found (can be viewed below), and identified that I indeed have this issue. I am sure of this because the excercises offered by finnish naturopath Timo Maaranen really helped my pains. Until now, I've never had such a quick relief to my backache without heavy painkillers. I know that while only time can tell whether this will help my complaint in the long run, I am certain that I have bumped into some good info that actually is worth of further examination.

So I urge everyone with pelvis / lower-back aches read on. You might ask how to identify whether you have SI-joint misalignment or some other back illness. Take a look into following drawings: On the first image, there is a standing posture of a person that typically suffers from SI-joint misalignment. On the second image there is more healthy posture. If you have first type of posture, then there is a good possibility you suffer from it! Don't be depressed, according to naturopath's more than 50% of all back related issues are because of SI-joint and its looseness. Good news is that it can be cured, without a cost too

Identifying SI-joint misalignment:

(continues on the next post)

[edit on 12-3-2008 by v01i0]

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Now, if you have will and time to start repairing your posture, and therefore fixing the joint misalignment, check out the following excercises. All I can say that they helped me a lot. They are quite light excercises, and I was even able to practice them during the acute phase of the pain. They offered almost instant relief. Next morning I was lot better, and today I am even better. And I used no medicine at all. All you need to do (assuming you are experiencing SI-joint misalignment) is to do these excercises twice or thrice in a day, on the morning and on the evening for example. Here are the excercises:

Excercise 1:

Lay on floor as shown in the picture. Do this exercise several times for both legs. Once laid down, rise up your foot as above, and push it forwards towards the direction of the arrow. This should slightly elevate the side of the pelvis that is being worked. Hold this position for 10 to 15 seconds. Repeat as many time as it feels comfortable.

Excercise 2:

Lay on floor as shown in the picture. Do this exercise several times for both legs. Once laid down, rise up your foot as above, Use your hands to draw the leg towards your chests and same time, push the leg up. Hold this position for 10 to 15 seconds. Repeat as many time as it feels comfortable.

Excercise 3:

Lay on floor as shown in the picture. While holding your pelvis and back on the floor, start gently lifting your pelvis upwards, but on the same time, hold down your lower back against the floor. Use your muscles in stomach and rear to complete this exercise. Hold this position for 10 to 15 seconds.Repeat as many time as it feels comfortable.

Excercise 4:

Lay on floor as shown in the picture. In the starting position, you lay on the floor your feet bent in a 45 degree angle. Then you use your upper stomach musches and your hands and try reach upwards / forwards without lifting your pelvis and lower back from the ground. Make sure they stay down! Hold this position for 10 to 15 seconds. This is pretty heavy exercise, repeat as many time as it feels comfortable.

Excercise 5:

Lay on floor straiht on your back. Start then drawing your feet towards your chest and use your hands to hold them against you, as shown on the picture. Hold this position for 10 to 15 seconds. Repeat as many times as it feels comfortable.

Well, thats it. I wanted to share this info because it really helped me a lot, and I know that there might be millions of other people suffering from the same complaint. I hope this helps!

[edit on 12-3-2008 by v01i0]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

Congrats on finding relief. I respect how strong people with chronic pain have to be. I am always interested in alternative healing and exercise is always a plus. It is really good that exercise 4 doesn't require you to yank on your neck to move up.
I am interested to hear if you have to up your repetitions for pain relief as your body gets used to the exercise.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I can confirm some of this.

Back in early 1980 or 1979, I had a severe, acute back muscle spasm.

I tried heat, ice, stretching and massage and if anything that made it worse.

One day, I decided to do some roman chair situps. That's a fairly extreme type of sit-up where you anchor the feet and do crunches, and even hyper extend going back.

After two sets of this I started to feel better. About 5 min later, the spasm had stopped. I did a couple more the next day and the pain was gone. I kept doing crunches the regular way and never had a back problem like that again.

It seems contrary that ab exercises would help the back but consider the OP. The waist joint, is supported and has tension put on it from four sides. Back, front, and both sides (obliques). Just like the guy wires on a radio antenna, if one side is weak, it pulls harder on the tense sides, until the pressure is equalized (strengthened).

Just remember that, at first, exercise (temporarily) weakens the muscle - so go slowly and the strength and posture will improve.

Obviously, consult your medical professional before beginning any program of diet or exercise.

2 cents.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Well, time for some update here. I've been exercising with these excercises for couple of weeks (I've not done them lately, even I'm supposed to - lazy me), but they really helped and now I'm feeling quite healthy. As someone earlier said, if you have previous back aches or other disabilities, you better consult your doc first. But they sure worked for me, no pain relievers needed anymore, and I can walk properly again, yay.

I guess I should continue doing these even I'm feeling fine.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I'm hoping that you could make those links work again.

I do have a lot of terrible backpain. It's killing me when active!

new topics

top topics

join