It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The all seeing eye, a christian symbol..!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
could anyone tell me

Why, the Masonic, illuminati symbol's '' the all seeing eye '' that maybe
symbolised lucifer eye or horus eye like some said, is also a Christian
symbol.

we can see the all seeing eye symbol in many
Christian's painting, sculpture or structure and churchs stainglass

search for your self on the net and you'll see

VERY, VERY WEIRD, don't you think..!,
any explanation someone...

tks

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I'd say it's moreso from Ancient Egypt, but Christians have "repurposed" some old symbols from other religions, as even I, a Christian, freely admit.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
It is suppose to symbolize the Eye of Providence, but for all we know, maybe the artists of these pieces of art were also members.
So who can you trust?

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Road Warrior 31
VERY, VERY WEIRD, don't you think..!,
any explanation someone...

How many possible simple geometric shapes are there? Not too many, really. An elliptical eye/disc shape. A circle. A triangle. A square. A star with a variety of points. ???

It doesn't take long when associating these shapes with things (like parts of the human body) before you start repeating them. Now, the Eye of Horus, the lens shape, is also a Christian fish shape. But turn it vertical and it's also an obvious female symbol. Of course, you can then try to associate these things because they share a similar symbolic shape. Christianity a female religion linked to Egypt? An Isis cult, perhaps? But the association may never have been intended by the people creating the symbols. It might only be something you make up in your own mind.

Likewise with bird symbols. The eagle has been chosen as a symbol for Imperial Rome, Nazi Germany, and the United States, among others. Are they all part of the same (secret) organization? Or is the eagle just one of the few cool, majestic looking birds you can use as a symbol? What else are you going to use? A pigeon? A robin? A turkey?

Like a lot of things, we humans tend to look for patterns and associations in things. We're obsessive about it, and will sometimes see associations when there really aren't any.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
So who can you trust?

well said alxandro..!

more i get into the conspiracy world
and more i am asking my self this question...

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Road Warrior 31

Yourself. "To thyself alone be true".

new topics

top topics

join