It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Years Of FBI Agent Crimes Detailed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
If the FBI is this corrupt, it makes me wonder how bad the CIA is.

An internal FBI report kept under wraps for three years details dozens of cases of agents fired for egregious misconduct and crimes, including drug trafficking, attempted murder, theft, misuse of informants and consorting with prostitutes.

The report, released Wednesday by Sen. Charles Grassley, R-Iowa, found that about one in 1,000 agents was dismissed for serious misconduct or criminal offenses by the FBI during the period examined, from 1986 to 1999. The average was between eight and nine per year.

Although the numbers were small, the FBI's attempts to prevent the report's disclosure from the public and Congress since its completion in June 2000 are raising questions among FBI critics about an attempt to avoid embarrassment.

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
It's not surprising really. Where there's humans, there's corruption...

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tetsuo-51
An internal FBI report kept under wraps for three years details dozens of cases of agents fired for egregious misconduct and crimes, including drug trafficking, attempted murder, theft, misuse of informants and consorting with prostitutes.

So where do I sign up?

No, really!

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter

Very true, in most cases.

But people of authority are supposed to set the example, not get drunk off of power and do things like this.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tetsuo-51

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter

Very true, in most cases.

But people of authority are supposed to set the example, not get drunk off of power and do things like this.

Ehhhh, who am I kidding. Power = Corruption, plain and simple.

top topics

join