It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think Judas should be forgiven for betraying Jesus?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChiKeyMonKey
Are we ignoring the possibility that JC may have asked Judas to inform the authorities of his whereabouts?

If we are.

Then Judas was probably lucky he strung himself up, because who knows what might have happened to him if the other eleven had found him... then again maybe they did string him up.

I'd go with, Judas hanging himself was more an act of love than one of reconciliation.

MonKey

Maybe the whole suicide thing was some form of literary revenge on the side of the men who wrote it.

Without Judas, Jesus own suicide would not have been.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
Whether you believe the story to have occurred or not makes little difference. This is open to any interpretation as a tale of morals. On one side you have Jesus who we will call the innocent victim who judges no one. On the other hand, we have Judas who betrays Jesus' trust by selling him for monetary gain.

This act would be forgivable according to Jesus testimony that all sins are forgiven, but by killing the man who forgives, he can no longer forgive you for he is dead. You now have no accuser other than yourself for your act.

Does Judas apparent spat of remorse and then supposed suicide an act of a guilty conscious, and should he be forgiven at all? His victim appeals that he should be forgiven, so I guess I am asking the believers here WWJD?

I know my own answer and I know some of you enough to know your answers, but there are those on ATS who are new and it would be nice to hear some fresh insights and commentary on this perplexing account of a guy who killed a guy who forgives him then kills his self in an attempt at some type of reconciliation.

What you peeps think about all this?

Every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.

I judge no man. And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.

I did not come to judge the world, but to save it.

There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; that very word which I spoke will condemn him at the last day.

Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Jesus (Matthew 7:1-2, 12:31, John 8:15-16, 12:47-48)

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
The only unforgivable sin is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. Actually it's really hard to do. Because God makes allowance for mental and emotional illness.
And the only people capable of committing that sin, are those that have had the Holy Spirit on there side at one point. These people make a very conscious choices to violate there relationship with God, with not just basic sins, but with sins of the caliber that go beyond their personal world, they go against God's will, fighting God's purpose itself, with a clear mind and purpose, after they have been enlighten by Holy Spirit itself. They know what they are doing and why they are doing it.

This can only apply to certain former Christians.

Hebrews 6: 4-6

4 For it is impossible as regards those who have once for all been enlightened, and who have tasted the heavenly free gift, and who have become partakers of holy spirit,
5 and who have tasted the fine word of God and powers of the coming system of things,
6 but who have fallen away, to revive them again to repentance, because they impale the Son of God afresh for themselves and expose him to public shame.

Hebrew 10: 26-29

26Dear friends, if we deliberately continue sinning after we have received knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice that will cover these sins.
27There is only the terrible expectation of God’s judgment and the raging fire that will consume his enemies.
28For anyone who refused to obey the law of Moses was put to death without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses.
29Just think how much worse the punishment will be for those who have trampled on the Son of God, and have treated the blood of the covenant, which made us holy, as if it were common and unholy, and have insulted and disdained the Holy Spirit who brings God’s mercy to us.

Judas was picked with the aid of Holy Spirit, he had Holy Spirit, but he used his free will and violated it with greed and betrayal.
So no Judas will not be forgiven.

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join