It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Mortal sins for the 21st century

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   

The Vatican has extended its list of mortal sins to include 21st century issues such as genetic experimentation, pollution, social injustice, drug abuse and excessive wealth.

Source

Couldn't believe what i was reading when i came across this article, im in no way religious and don't believe in god, but each to there own and live and let live.

But what sticks out to me is the fact that they included Excessive wealth which means the whole Vatican are committing a mortal sin with there own excessive wealth, not to mention the fact that they didn't include child abuse but wasn't surprised on that matter as some of there own have been tied up in child abuse scandal and probably a lot more out there that have not been brought to justice yet.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Yeah I agree, it's ridiculous. They're always adding and dropping things in their "unchangeable" religion. They claim to represent God and absolute truth when in fact it's just them making these rules. The fact that they'd add excessive wealth as a mortal sin when they're one of the richest organizations on earth is astounding. I don't see what's wrong with someone being wealthy as long as they help others and aren't being selfish with what they have.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I found the last paragraph extremely ironic:

Monsignor Girotti said the aim of the course had been to teach priests to be less aggressive and more understanding in the confessional box.

...so we add a bunch of new mortal sins. Right-o... that'll do it.

join