It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When did you figure out nearly everyone in the world are slaves?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 06:30 AM
link   
When did you figure out nearly everyone in the world are slaves and that unless you did something about it, you were going to be one too?

Did you think about how you were going to break away from this slavery? If so how did you intend on breaking away?

I mean look at the world. Most of the poeple in it are working jobs they hate and for low pay.

I figured it out in about grade 1...So about 7 years old. And i thought i wouldn't need to break free from the slavery because the world would be in war by the time i got to the age of 20 or so.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I guess it all depends on what your definition of slavery is.
You mention people and low paying jobs...I don't know if I would call that slavery, since the person does have the option to quit and find a better job. A slave would not.
We are ALL slaves to one thing or another, but just not in the "true" slave meaning, IE NO rights, NO opportunity to even speak NO nothing.
Some people would also call it Karma.....

[Edited on 20-2-2004 by NetStorm]

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 07:27 AM
link   
if you are referring to chain of command, hierarchy as slavery.. well, I always hated it but its something completely different from slavery.
Working for low pay? Well its economy, if everyone would be rich no one would do these kind of jobs..
I think education/working system is messed up. Everyone is taught bunch of propaganda in schools and then they are expected to find job they hate and live their life.
Society offers little for those who want to do something they like.. but you can do it if you want and know how.

But you people think this is bad, ever think what was it like 50-100 years and centuries ago? It was much much worse, economy horrible.. no technology etc.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by NetStorm
I guess it all depends on what your definition of slavery is.
You mention people and low paying jobs...I don't know if I would call that slavery, since the person does have the option to quit and find a better job. A slave would not.
We are ALL slaves to one thing or another, but just not in the "true" slave meaning, IE NO rights, NO opportunity to even speak NO nothing.
Some people would also call it Karma.....

[Edited on 20-2-2004 by NetStorm]

Well yeah of course i dont mean slaves in the traditional sense of no rights at all...

But in the sense of you just working constantly in some job that you probably hate for low pay. And even if you're in a job that's paying high money, you still probably dont like it either...Though when out of work u can buy more, do more. You are still a slave...You MUST work. Everyone must work unless they are rich and they invest thier money to generate more money without doing much....Or they can go on the dole, go in and "search" for jobs evry now and then, or you have to even now in my country..WORK for the dole (money off the government) to get by each work and just survive on it.

It's either work yourself in a job you probably hate, earning low wages, ...

Hell screw all i was about to type....

This is what i basically mean by slavery.

How many millions of jobs are out there where a customer comes up to you behind a counter and you have to ask what they want and get them it?
Would you like fries with that? How about 2 chocolates for only $2?

How much money would they get an hour and how fulfilling thier lives must be?

They muyst be thrilled with thier lives...Fully satisfied with what they are doing. I'm sure of it... rofl

Now.... How much do they get an hour? Just say what? how much a week? $600? That might be alright to live on...and be getting by. Spending a little money, buying a little.
But eventually you're going to want a house, a better car. Then what? You get a house, car, and have a large mortgage to pay off for the rest of your days.

Luxuries then? Pfft. holidays?> Rarely. A party animal? With what money?

Basially you are working in a job that you dont like or that isn't rally greatly fulfilling, and u dont have any real money to do anything really great. You're basically just surviving in life, paying your bills, paying for petrol, food, mortgage.

You are in a bad place in life. In 1 heck of a boring job, repetedly doing the same #ty job 5 days a week, earning enough to just cover yourself up and not really able to splash out with money anymore to do anything you want to do that might cost a bit...unless you save up some money, which meansur even more cashstrapped and able to do less with yourself than you usually can just so u can go out and do one thing...just say..such as skydiving?

That is what i call slavery.

Some poepl get around it by getting better jobs, jobs that pay more money, jobs that require more intellect, or some other special skill...special thing that they do.
They get more money, and are more free and are less slaves...They could even totally be free from slavery if they can get enough cash and invest or are smart about their money...and then they dont need to work.

But the majority of poeple...Are just scraping through. Firs they go to school for thier earlir lives, then they get into work and just scrap through and continually scrap through for the rest of thier lives unless they do something about it. Which most never do according to the living wages of retirees...

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I sometimes feel like I'm a slave to my government. Basically, I believe I'm working so the people in the government can get richer off my taxes.

Mr. Mulder

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Rage, you must be young. I've worked poor jobs, but I'm at the point in my life where I have a house, a car, credit cards, etc. That comes with age. I also have failing eyesight, hemmeroids, etc.. It's unfortunate that we don't have the money to enjoy it when we have the energy to do so.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
When did you figure out nearly everyone in the world are slaves and that unless you did something about it, you were going to be one too?
Did you think about how you were going to break away from this slavery? If so how did you intend on breaking away?
I realized when I actually started working in the real world. I realized I worked for someone else's ends and profit. This is in relation to the workforce.

In another way, I'm realizing that humans in the "free world" are bombarded every day by advertising by major corporations on what to buy. This is what looks cool, so this is what I'll buy. We are nothing but slaves to the system of corporations, and they define our lives for us. To myself, that is being a slave, too. Many people probably don't realize it untill it's too late.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Rage, you must be young. I've worked poor jobs, but I'm at the point in my life where I have a house, a car, credit cards, etc. That comes with age. I also have failing eyesight, hemmeroids, etc.. It's unfortunate that we don't have the money to enjoy it when we have the energy to do so.

Dont you feel that alot fo ur life has been wasted?
What's the point of living if u cant enjoy it?

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Life is about the experiences.. good and bad.
A life with no conflict would be boring and unfullfilling.
Be careful what you wish for... you just might get it.

[Edited on 20-2-2004 by NephraTari]

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I realized that most people in the US are 'slaves' in one way or another in December of 1990, around the time that I renounced Christianity. I came to the realization by watching people fall in to the overcommercialization of something that was allegedly so pure after watching them fall into the commercialization all year long. I am one of the few that still believes that corporate Amerika and advertising firms still don't know what's best for me, while so many other people seem to fall into it by having this name plastered all over their body and these trendy cool decals on their cars and SUVs and whatever else, even what foods to eat and what to drink. That, my friend, is slavery to the system.

As far as jobs go--Many people I was in college with didn't care so much as to going into a field that they would actually enjoy, but seemed to have dollar signs for pupils. I, on the other hand, went to college and got degrees in fields that I actually enjoy working in, and could do without a problem for the next 35-40 years. Granted, some pre-med or law student will probably net more in their first year than I gross in a year, but money isn't everything. That is another form of slavery, letting money dictate your career path totally, placing the all powerful dollar over your own sanity.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Good grief...
I guess its a good thing that many of you are not "real" slaves, eh?

Try these:
www.google.com...

Guys need to lay off the Alex Jones a bit.....

regards
seekerof

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
If you would like to see from another side, say, go to East Africa for a couple months. Walk in their shoes, live as they do, then you will appreciate and come to know that what we do have in this country(I assume you are American)is wonderful, however with imperfections in society which is existent it is still Opputunity...and here.
With time and dedication comes options later in life- I always worked for someone else until I formed my own company 2 years back. However, many of my life's lessons were learned while in the employ of others. It was great...I saw the world at the expence of companies!

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Indeed, if you let the money control you, you will be doomed, sooner or later - your pick. Originally, I thought I would join the Navy, learn to fly, become a "flyboy" pilot, then work my way to NASA...haha...dreams are great aren't they? NASA has corrupted itself I'm afraid...

Hah...if you REALLY want to just get away from it all and start over - MOVE TO CANADA. No, seriously.

About thirty years ago, the policy up on the Yukon was if you could put a town, building, or establishment on the land, it was yours. No Fee. No Billing. No Tax. It was yours, as long as you could run the house, town, trading outpost, etc. Of course, you would have to pay for indoor plumbing, that is, unless you could rig it up yourself, or if you wanted the internet, you would have to pay for the satellite service. Sounded interesting to me, actually, and still is, unfortunately I don't know if that policy still exists. But wouldn't that be cool? The beautiful land up there...rivers..snow..trees..animals..free land...outpost...just living out in the wilderness with a town or something..kinda like the old west...how cool would that be lol?

I'm dreaming again...

-wD

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Most of us are slaves to the idea that money means anything.
That more of it would make life better.
That a nice car is better than a junk car is better than a bike is better than walking.
That sitting around a resort swimming pool on holiday is better than walking around your neighborhood any day of the week is better than sitting around the living room with people that you love.
That owning a nice house is better than owning a small house is better than renting an apartment.

Most of us are slaves to the idea that the life we don't have is better than the one we do.

Money, Jobs, Cars, Houses, Vacation, Plasma Tvs, Computers, the internet, etc, etc, etc.

None of this has any thing to do with happiness, fulfillment, love, family, friends, creativity, or anything worthwhile, at all.

All this society has to offer is entertainment and escape. It offers no solutions.

You deserve nothing.
You are owed nothing.
There is no such thing as fair.

Understand this and never be a slave again.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   

DaRAGE, you are right. You are a slave. But the funny thing is, you are a slave to your own lack of ambition and self esteem.

The only person holding a whip over you is yourself.

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Even the high dollar earners are slaves in that sense, the more you make the more you consume & the more taxes you have to pay & the harder you have to work to keep them from taking it away.

I always imagined home ownership was true ownership, but you end up paying the bankers about $300k for every $100k borrowed and after you pay off the bankers your property taxes & insurance are as much as your original house payments.

You do have a choice though in the USA - that's the difference. You can drive a 1k vehical or a 50k SUV. You can shop for 5 dollar shirts or 100 dollar shirts - it's your choice. You just need to find what makes you happy.

Of course you have to realize you have a choice & you have to get an education in order to have a choice.

The key for me was self-employment. You chose how much you work & your rewarded for exactly what you do. If it's a nice day you can take the day off without the threat of job loss.

I'm still a slave, but I take more time for myself. I guess some of the most free people might be the bums on the street - no responsibility whatsoever.

I chose to be part of the system, because I want the comfort of sleeping in a warm bed & the freedom to travel etc.

Nobodys completely free, but I think we have it pretty good for being slaves to the system.

[Edited on 21-2-2004 by outsider]

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Things are definitely easier nowadays, I mean if you lived a hundred years ago you would be working yourself to death behind a mule in a field somewhere so you would have food to eat all winter. It seems like life itself dictates that we are going to have to go out and earn a living. People use to hunt, fish, dig roots whatever it took to survive. Man needs food to survive and it just so happens to be hard to come by for most of us. Add taxes ,insurance and interest to that and you'll work until you fall in the grave. Having running water and flushing toilets in the house is sure nice. Sure don't get a chance to meet that beautiful girl at the water hole no more though.

top topics

join