It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thrift Store Worker finds $30,000 cash and turns it in.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Thrift Store Worker finds $30,000 cash and turns it in.

www.cnn.com

POMONA, California (AP) -- A thrift store worker in Southern California says she didn't think twice about returning $30,000 she found in donated clothing.

Barbarita Nunez was sorting clothes on Tuesday at the Veterans Thrift Store when she found a small box. Inside was an envelope of cash.

Nunez said at first she thought the money was fake. But just in case, she gave it to her supervisor.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Well, here is a good news story. An envelope full of cash, and she turned it in. God bless her, and the family who gave her a cash reward.

AAC

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Nunez said she will send some of the reward to Mexico so her mother can have an eye operation and will use the rest to buy a digital camera

If that doesn't warm your heart than I don't know what will. And a digital camera for herself.

My faith in humanity may have just been restored.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
If I worked in that thrift store the headline would read:

Thrift store worker finds $20,000 cash and turns it in

Wink Wink

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Wow. She deserves all the great karma that will surely come her way. There are still some amazing people left in this world. We should all strive to live up to her example.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
That's the kind of person that should be president. Honest, doesn't spend other peoples' money, concerned for others, puts herself last. Unfortunately, look what we have to look forward to, 4 or 8 more years of CFR, Bilderberger, NWO and crooks.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Sorry, I find money and I'm putting it away for a few months. Then I'll pay off some bills and live a little easier for a while.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

*in best boy george impression*

"Karma, Karma, Karma, Karma, Karma Chameleon....

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
Sorry, I find money and I'm putting it away for a few months. Then I'll pay off some bills and live a little easier for a while.

Perhaps you are not considering the retrospective subconscious accountability for the act, that follows with random thoughts about the origin of the money, and how it could've saved the life of a disabled child if you had only given it back.

...or not.

AAC

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Starred and flagged.

Thank you for posting a heartwarming and wonderful story that shows that there really are some wonderful humans out there.

While I hope more goodwill finds its way to her, I hope even more so that others will read this story and use it as an example of how to act and mimic her as often as possible.

Never underestimate a random act of kindness.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
30 grand is ...well 30 GRAND. Sorry but karma can come for me all it wants. I applaud this lady for turning the money in but I doubt I would have done the same.
Finders keepers I say.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I have a question. What if that money was found by a homeless single mom who decided to keep the money. Would you then call her a thief?
I do applaud the woman for her actions as in these difficult economic times, I am quite sure I would go along the lines of Cold Water's post......maybe even keep 15k.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ColdWater

You sir, are a genius.

I love your avatar by the way.

My fav Farrel SNL moments either have to Jeopardy or him as Robert Goulett.

Actually, they are too many to list.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Who in the world keeps 30 grand in a box? Truly Bizarre.

I would have gave it back also. It's only money. They print a lot of it and according to ATS posters it won't be worth anything soon anyway.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Haha, cool.

When I was a kid I didn't have any money. I remember one year I had saved up $8 dollars. Remember it specifically. Bought my mom a silly looking hat and a couple Christmas presents. It felt really cool at age 10 to have that much, saved from Birthday money and stuff.

I used to dream about finding a lot of money, but it was always coins. Like I'd look in a sewer grate and see a ton of nickels and dimes. (never quarters, oddly).

If I found that, I just know I wouldn't say anything and I'd take it home. But in a few days, I couldn't keep it and would have to say something and turn it in.

Not so much that I'm honest, LOL, but that I'd be too nervous to keep it. I mean part of the nervousness would be my knowing it's not mine and part is knowing that someone else would be just beside themselves looking for it. But part would be at getting caught.

So I'd keep it, count it, look at it, but in the end have turn it in. Don't think I'd care about the reward at all, but would have a good feeling at seeing the person happy.

Oh well...

Don't dream about finding money as an adult. Part of it was, I think, having a paper route as a kid and getting paid almost all in coin. I'd have so many coins they'd take up my entire bed. I spent hours putting them in coin rolls. Now THAT was hard to turn in. Don't know why 'coin' fascinates me more than paper money, haha.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I commend this lady for such a kind act. I was drying clothes at a nearby laundry, my dryer had gone on the fritz, and I looked up at the dryer and noticed several bills were flying around inside the dryer. I stopped it and took out the clothes and found 100.00, 200.00, 500.00.....in all it was 1200.00 cash. Not mine. At first I quickly gathered up my still damp clothes and booked out of there! Overnight though I kept thinking about all the scenarios as to who it may have belonged to, and what hardships might befall them without this money. First thing the next morning I went back to the laundry and the owner was there cleaning, I asked him if he knew of any report of lost money there, he didn't. I kept going back to the laundry day after day asking if anyone had reported it yet and still no report. In the meantime, I did not tell my husband about the money, I knew he would instantly chide me for trying so hard to give it back (he would take the money and run). Finally I told him about it, and he flipped out! The money was his! Apparently he had been saving it up to suprise me with a vacation and it was in his pants pocket the day I had washed and took them to the laundry! Funny thing though was the guy at the laundry eventually called me and claimed someone had come looking for the money finally, but he said they didn't want to deal with me, just to give it to him.....yeah, sure......

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
Wow. She deserves all the great karma that will surely come her way. There are still some amazing people left in this world. We should all strive to live up to her example.

In fact, her belief in Karma is probably what drove her to do it!

Wow.

Under other circumstances I would have said keep it! But this wasn't jewels from the princes treasure chest. What a wonderful thing this women did

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simon_Boudreaux
30 grand is ...well 30 GRAND. Sorry but karma can come for me all it wants. I applaud this lady for turning the money in but I doubt I would have done the same.
Finders keepers I say.

30 grand is 30 grand, it was donated. Had I needed some of that money I would of used some of it and donated some of it.

Check what you turf out people - it's only going to be your mistake if you give away 30k

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by palehorse23
I have a question. What if that money was found by a homeless single mom who decided to keep the money. Would you then call her a thief?

I wouldn't call her a thief in this example, and yes she definetly could use the extra money I am sure.

The thing is... how did she know she wasn't taking the money from another struggling single mom? Just cuz the person was donating clothing doesn't mean they arn't skating rock bottom.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then

30 grand is 30 grand, it was donated. Had I needed some of that money I would of used some of it and donated some of it.

Wait, it was donated?

I thought the idea was that the person accidently had this box stuffed in the donated clothing.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join