It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survival Groups??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Hello all. Been doing a lot of reading here in the survival forum. Trying to gather as much education as possible. I am starting to take all the steps for food storing, gardening, safe rooms, go bags, etc. I still haven't found my main interest though. I am looking to find possible people to have a survival group such as the recent thread on UK survival team. I am not looking for a big group but for a few like minded individuals who can collaborate on the issues of survival at hand, i.e. meeting place, hunting/gathering, weaponry. Just wondering if anyone may have a suggestion as to any type of group they know of or is it just best to start your own group.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
From my very limited experience. most existing groups have already been infiltrated by those with agenda other then survival. So In my opinion its better to start your own hope fully with people you know. its so hard getting to know strangers enough to trust them with your life.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I live in the Midwest USA. There are very few people outside of family I would let know my plans. I have a large family and several friends that are in group.

Back in the 70's when I was just starting to learn about this, there was no internet and you had a much harder time. There were a very few magazines around such as Soldier of Fortune and "the Survivalist". Mother Earth News was king on the independent living scene with a magazine named Organic Gardening just starting up.

I learned much from informal contacts at gun shows, dog shows (these were coon hounds and bird dogs), and local skeet shooting club. Get the hint, people with arms...

quantum wind stated the very truth... It's your family and your life you are entrusting.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
What your trying to do is hard and risky. I have only meet a couple people in my life who have the same mindset as me, they are few and far between. The government dosent like people like us to organize groups, nowadays survivalists and patriots have a bad rep, and any group that says there one of the two will be watched for sure. we all have files here on ats and im sure you just got another one by making this thread. It sucks how it is, Were good people, harmless, and just wanting to be prepared for a sit x puts us on a list, but thats the government we live under now.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tac109

Yeah, you are probably right. But after all the stuff I have posted on here I am probably already flagged. Oh well. After doing additional research, I have concluded it is best to just look out for oneself and his/her immediate family. That is a task in and of itself. I have a wife and baby boy to make sure they have whatever they may need. It is truly a shame the way like minded individuals are given that persona. I am hopeful that absolutely nothing ever goes down in my lifetime, but I would be ignorant to say that it never will. thanks for the input so far.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Members with close family ties would be best, but you can't even trust all of them.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Just get yourself prepared and possibly one other a close friend or family member who is willing to learn...

Gear up train, shoot practice, practice, practice, go into the woods (or whatever form of wilderness that your area has) with basic items for survival learn to rough it, learn to build shelters, learn to function without modern convenience just arm yourself with all the knowledge you'd ever need, at the very least teach those close to you how to shoot and maintain a weapon, if they wont go down the survival road, they will at least be good for something, they will rely on you for the rest when the time comes.

[edit on 10-3-2008 by C0le]

niv

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
You might want to check out this link. I got this from www.survivalblog.com which is also a good place for general information.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Yes unfortunatley when you mention survivalist or patriot you get stuck in the possible domestic terroist crowd. How and why well I am sure that the government isnt trying to clear that up and it makes great headlines. No matter your good intentions and non Anti-gov stance (confused myself with that one) when you are a lone survivalist you are regarded with suspicion when you are teamed up with 3 or 4 other survivalists you are a terror cell, when there are ten in a room it is a militia hellbent on overthrowing the government. So finding like-minded individuals isnt really the problem the problem becomes 3-4 likeminded individuals willing to get together and face the possible label. I just there was a way to "check the list" or even what lists there are.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by C0le

Star for ya. thanks for the advice. gonna head that for sure.

Star for you too niv. thanks for the link.

Ah hell, star for you to drift. great point of view!!

[edit on 3/10/2008 by palehorse23]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
im under age so it would be very hard for me to get on the list since there is like no way of tracking me execept mabe what school i go to and for that you would need to know what school i go to in the first place so i think i could form a group of my friends and like over the summer we could practice building shealters and stuff like that. and i guess the best practise we could get for shooting is those shooter arcade games

this would be group hard to pin down by the governmet because no one is going to belive that a bunch of 13-year olds are going to over throw the government

the only problem is that they could go after our families.............

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
The group i am in has a massage site for any one that wants to join us "after" everything goes to hell.

But only if you know what this means.
"the writing is on the wall on the pole star side.
35.47966582992857 -117.68331527709961"

The hills have eyes.

This will tell anyone with survival skills where to go for us to find you. but There will be another massage telling you where to go from there so we can watch you and check that you can to be trusted. There you will find food and water.

This keeps us safe and the government can try to find us if there is a government left.
Plus if infiltrators try to use it we may just leave them wondering in the hills.

Anyone will like the lake in the desert with fish, ducks and good clean water while we watch you.

But we can take out any threat with two snipers there is no place to hide.

[edit on 17-8-2008 by ANNED]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Anned, I wouldn't post coordinates up on this site, Their maybe someone who wants to sabotage your plans.

Just a word of warning.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
You need to start a "hunting group" and meet with people to get to know them. If you go out camping to practice your survival skills no one will know the difference. And it gives you the perfect chance to discuss necesary gear, locations, and routes to get to said locations.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by chupacabraboy

Don't forget medical and dental records. If you think your safe just because your thirteen years old then you are sadly mistaken. With the way our world is going to hell nobody is safe. And people with a gung-ho attitude like you perveyed in your post are the ones that get other people killed.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
i don't have any problem posting coordinates all they are is a massage site.
plus the whole idea is that anyone that wants to sabotage our plans will get trapped by our system.

they will not be going to our main camp until we have vetted them.
and if they have other plans for us we will get rid of them and keep there equipment and supplies.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
You don't want a group, just your family... as it is as you move and 'survive" other "survivors" will latch on

Last thing you ever would want would be to in a group large enough to be noticed...

If something bad happens you want to get hidden!

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I think having a tight-knit organization matters more than finding individuals with mad skills at bowcraft or dressing game or reloading ammo.

Who do you figure will survive a collapse of civilization? an online survival club, or the Mafia?

La Familia has survived Mussolini and the FBI because they put fidelity before competence or even likeability.

Just like families used to, before we were all reduced to the "nuclear family," cut off from the many connections that create a community.

I would suggest waiting to see what the survival situation is, and then building on whatever social groups seem to prosper during hard times. It might be a political party, or it might be your local volunteer fire department. the trick is, to have several networks to fall back on, and not put all your eggs in one basket.

Now a survival club to discuss various strategies, to practice fieldcraft, etc., is a totally different deal. The exchange of information naturally causes friendships to blossom, even as it has on this ATS board.

But that just means holding off with the blood oaths until after we know what the threat to survival is, and who is really motivated.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join