It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush to veto Waterboarding Bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
This is just ridiculous. Didn't we go after other countries for torture? What is this considered?

hosted.ap.org...

"WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Bush is poised to veto legislation that would bar the CIA from using waterboarding - a technique that simulates drowning - and other harsh interrogation methods on terror suspects."

The link has the full article. I'm waiting for him to be brought up on war crime charges. It would not surprise me one bit.

Didn't we go after Milosevic for acts such as these? Didn't we go after Idi Amin and Saddam for torturing people? We are in the 21st century. There has to be better ways to get the information other than torturing. And all this time I thought that we treated people better than this.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
It might just be me but I believe everyone is looking way too far into this waterboarding issue. With the big fuss around the time I first heard about it I had something much worse than it really was in my mind. I figured they would tie somebody to a long board and submerge them into the water. When I looked into it I found out that all that really have to do is hold somebody down and put a washcloth over their face. FYI (for your information), not torture. Nails through the hands, daily beatings, ripping off of nails or breaking fingers, torture. Waterboarding, if anything, could be considered a minor torture. Like the Chines water drops to the head. If I was to be captured in Iraq I would pray for the waterboarding treatment, over other forms of torture.

It's really a waste of time to go through passing a law against this. The boys in the CIA are going to go oh darn we have to think of something else now. The wash cloth and bottle of water was a great idea. But if they are really that concerned about it, they would be better off defining what the CIA can do.

join