It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OP/ED: Is the stage being set?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Conspiracy theorists the world around believe the United States government was involved in the 9-11 attacks. The attack was needed to springboard the New World Order into other countries around the world. With the 2004 Presidential elections looming in the near future, could Court appointed President George W. Bush be planning the unthinkable?

Feb 19,2004
Part 1 of ?

The horrible attack on US infrastructure, society, economy and the mental well being of humans world wide, may have been the most detrimental event I have witnessed in my lifetime. The possibility that a government, which was once respected throughout the world, could be behind it is appalling. The worst may be yet to come.

I believe the stage is being set for a nuclear attack on the United States. There has never been so much talk in the media about Nuclear Weapons until recently. A story by CNN reporter Jamie Allen on November 9,2001 was one of the first mentioning the possibility of a nuclear threat. �Not since the height of the Cold War have Americans seriously considered they could come under nuclear attack. But when President Bush said Tuesday that Osama bin Laden's al Qaeda terrorist network is likely seeking weapons of mass destruction, including nuclear bombs, the possibility that the unthinkable could happen suddenly seemed less remote.� Now over two years later, there have been unconfirmed reports of Al-Qaede acquiring �suitcase nukes�. Brian Ross of ABC News stated, �There's no evidence such a device has been smuggled into the country. And even if it had, experts say it would be extremely difficult for terrorists to detonate. And a congressman who has been studying the subject for years on the subject say there's no doubt that such nuclear suitcases do exist.�

In fact they do exist. The United States as well as Russia built nuke suitcases during the cold war. "I can tell you unequivocally we built these devices similar to this and so did the Soviets during the Cold War," said Rep. Curt Weldon, R-Pa. "The defense minister of Russia told me to my face, 'Yes, congressman, we built these devices. Just as your country built them during the Cold War." Questions have been raised about Russia�s inventory. Russian President Vladimir Putin told 20/20's Barbara Walters none of the nuclear suitcases is missing. "I don't really believe this is true," Putin said. "These are just legends. One can probably assume that somebody tried to sell some nuclear secrets. But there is no documentary confirmation of those developments."

"There is no longer much doubt that Bin Laden has finally succeeded in his quest for nuclear suitcase bombs," says Yossef Bodansky, head of the Congressional Task Force on Non-Conventional Terrorism in Washington. In a recent book, Bodansky reports that Bin Laden's associates acquired the devices through Chechnya, paying the Chechens $30 million in cash and two tons of Afghan heroin, worth about $70 million in Afghanistan and about 10 times that on the street in Western cities. Bodansky's statements corroborate 1998 testimony by former Russian security chief Alexander Lebed to the U.S. House of Representatives.

Lebed said that 43 nuclear suitcases from the former Soviet arsenal, developed for the KGB in the 1970s, have vanished since the collapse of the former Soviet Union a decade ago. Lebed said one person could detonate such a bomb by himself, and kill 100,000 people. Now, why in the world would the ex-Soviet Union sell nuclear weapons to someone that has fought against them?
Bin Laden left Saudi Arabia to fight the Soviet army in Afghanistan after Moscow�s invasion in 1979. By 1984, he was running a front organization known as Maktab al-Khidamar - the MAK -, which funneled money, arms and fighters from the outside world into the Afghan war. The MAK was supported by Pakistan�s state security services, the Inter-Services Intelligence agency, or ISI, the CIA�s primary instrument for conducting the covert war against Moscow�s occupation. The CIA, at the time, was more concerned about the one-dimensionally anti-Soviet stand the Arab fighters had. So bin Laden, along with a small group of Islamic militants from Egypt, Pakistan, Lebanon, Syria and Palestinian refugee camps all over the Middle East, became partners of the CIA in its war against Moscow.

Now we have the CIA supporting Bin Laden against the Soviets. Bin Laden had split from the MAK in 1988 and established a new group, al-Qaeda, that included many of the more extreme MAK members he had met in Afghanistan. With the end of the Soviet Union and the beginning of a democracy in Russia, Soviet defectors could have sold the weapons to OBL as a result of the change. The ones that were once in control, who had power, suddenly didn�t have it anymore. So, why not help in the eventual downfall of democracy, and be very well paid for it also.

Before 9-11, security at borders, airports, and seaports were nowhere near the capacity and standards that they are at today. The probabilities of bringing nuclear weapons into the country were very high. Even today, not every single bag is checked, every shipment is not checked, and borders are not secure. I personally know people that have �slipped� across the border in the last year. It is not known if they had anything on them, whether it is clothes or bombs. The reality of the situation is we still are not safe. In the years to come, that may be the case. However we still have not routed anything out that may have been in place pre 9-11.

Part II

[Edited on 20-5-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I guess you could count me in among these conspiracy theorist, as I have predicted something along these lines with Osama still being alive and a possible secret alliance with the CIA's plans.

ATS Thread

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I have no doubt that this will happen, I believe it will before the election. But in the next piece to this, the Mexican/US border was comprimised earlier. The guards were ambushed and fled, nobody knows who might have crossed the border, and with what........I belive it was MSNBC that ran a piece today about the GOP wanting to get into the war, that is for Presidincy. Something is in motion.....

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I think there is also a battlefield nuclear device that is two feet in diameter and three feet high and looks like an electical transformer. I don't look at electrical transformers like I used to anymore.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Really interesting read, TrickMaster.
What you describe is frightening, and I don't doubt something like it will happen. It's a scary thought.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Nicely written.

Those sovjet made suitecase nukes already scared me when I first found out about them, years ago. There is indeed no security agains such a threat. It's a fact that many of those suitcase bombs are unaccounted for. Yes indeed such a nuclear attack would certainly promote what some call the "new world order."

I have heard of a couple of incidents surrounding the loss of WMD or related materials from the ex-ussr. Some nuclear warheads are unaccounted for. Many old ex-ussr "abbandoned" bases are not secure, but still house old stocks of dangerous materials (bio/chem/nuclear).

In a documentary on tv, I saw a perfect example of this, a poor russian farmer with a few others, went onto a base, with nuclear missile-trucks based on it. They stole a warhead, and try to sell it off in the local bar, but got caught.

Hoaks

[Edited on 3-5-2004 by Hoaks]

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Something else but related, same documentary, a launcing crew got bored, so they thought it would be funny to reroute some cables etc, so that if wanted, they could fire without launcing permission or codes.

Hoaks

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Surely if they did it before the election it would be too obvious ? Surely the people wouldn't fall for the 'official story' again ?

Thats what I asked myself earlier.
Then I realised that yes, the people would fall for it again because they are so blinded by propaganda.

It's looking grim.

Q

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Of course, there is the quesiton of 'is this being setup by the government', but I think there's another question that really needs to be adressed here.

What if the terrorists ARE plotting a major attack using WMD in order to try and sway the American elections (and therefore, policy) the same way as was so successful for them in Spain? They would have much to gain by this, and are surely emboldened by the results gained by the Madrid bombings.

All they've got to do is get that gimp Kerry in office, and the war on terror is effectively kaput. This would allow them to claim victory, and give them time to recoup and consolidate their power without US might around to lay the smack down on them. Obviously, there are few other countries who have the cojones to even resist.

This is a very real threat, and I think the powers that be are simply trying to get all their theoretical ducks in a row beforehand. Not that I'd blame them.

I'm not trying to bash anyone's viewpoint, or to say that this conspiratorial scenario is impossible. I really do think that this is a legitimate, credible threat.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Well said "Q", I beleive that Osama and his cronies deserve the blame for 9/11 and that their victory in Spain may turn out to be the most important of their attacks since. I feel an attack before the election is just what they need, but hitting the US in Iraq may be the best way to see their candidate in office. Think of what a small nuke during the cerimonies for the changeover in power might accomplish.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Q
Of course, there is the quesiton of 'is this being setup by the government', but I think there's another question that really needs to be adressed here.

What if the terrorists ARE plotting a major attack using WMD in order to try and sway the American elections (and therefore, policy) the same way as was so successful for them in Spain? They would have much to gain by this, and are surely emboldened by the results gained by the Madrid bombings.

Agreed, I wrote this before the Madrid Bombings. Regardless of who is behind 9-11 etc.., the reality is that their still is a threat to people worldwide that needs to be taken seriously. All conspiracies and politics aside. The world public forum needs to be made aware of events that have taken place in the past and present. We have been receiving too many stories, a month after it happens. Maybe if the government agencies pay more attention and let the public know in a timely manner we could escape another 9-11 anywhere in the world. We are the ones they are suppose to be protecting right?

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Is it possible for a nuclear attack by terrorists in the US -- Yes. Do I think for a minute that Bush is behind - NO WAY! I'm not a Bush fan but I think this whole conspiracy thing has gotten way out of hand. I think some people should look back at who we dealt with in the '80's and why and then remember "the enemy of my enemy is my friend". Everything is fliud, enemies change at the drop of a hat.

top topics

join