It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A modern age with archaic beliefs...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
If you believe in God you might as well be living 2000 years ago back in the archaic times. Many people today as I can see here on ATS have opened their eyes to religions brainwashing of humanity. You wake up in the morning and see your god, the Sun. Without the Sun you would die. This is the so-called modern age with technology, but humans still think there is an invisable man up in the sky. It's all bull, think for yourself, trust yourself, trust no one else. You are alone in this world, you may think you are part of society, but the truth is you have no connection with anything else except your mind and your own body. So my message to the world is this, WAKE UP. When you see your face with your own eyes and not a mirror, then you tell me god exists, otherwise, you exist.
Period.

Comments and Constructive criticism along with Questions are welcome.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Brain2100cc

While I would love for the religious to wake up I do not think it is possible for many of them for the same reasons that any other mentally ill person cannot control their delusions without some form of decisive intervention. Until society as a whole begins to see religious delusion for what it is I think the best control is to stop tolerating people who act on their delusions.

It is really sad when I cannot even walk to my parked car without being molested by religious kooks who don't know themselves yet think they know what's best for me. Like a salesman selling shoddy over-priced wares, they can't take no for an answer. Just this morning I was walking back to my car when some jerk approached to hand me a tract and a cross. I told him politely " No thank you, I don't need that" but he continued following me, telling me about his imaginary friend. I told him repeatedly I wasn't interested and to leave me alone but he just wouldn't take no for an answer. Finally I told him to drop dead and he had the audacity to tell me he was a paster and that I had no right to speak to him in that tone!
So I turned and gave him a good swift kick in the groin. Now he is a paster with gonads to match his fractured ego.

Stop tolerating religious delusion!

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lilituto my parked car without being molested by religious kooks who don't know themselves yet think they know what's best for me. Like a salesman selling shoddy over-priced wares, they can't take no for an answer. Just this morning I was walking back to my car when some jerk approached to hand me a tract and a cross. I told him politely " No thank you, I don't need that" but he continued following me, telling me about his imaginary friend. I told him repeatedly I wasn't interested and to leave me alone but he just wouldn't take no for an answer.

The above story is excellent.
There was a post in another thread asking why Christians are hated, and I tried to say its not Christianity people hate...but the type of attitude you just describe above that they are tired of.

Problem is, when you are in the mindset, you dont see it as wrong. Its an issue of "I am right and they are wrong". There is a gap created and love is lost. (love...the acceptance of anothers right to choose what they want.)

Good post, perhaps those Christians who are still wondering about this may sit and think a bit. Doesnt matter the intent, Jesus never shoved anything in anyones mouth.

Peace

dAlen

p.s. - As far as archaic...nothing wrong with symbols, as long as you see it as that and begin to look past the symbols to what they are pointing to.

But yes, to be stuck in believing that the symbols are the message...for over 2k years, is a bit counter productive. We dont have maturity, just a very old baby sitting around.

[edit on 7-3-2008 by dAlen]

join