It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran caught red handed

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:
CX

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
Hmm.

Being the overtly cynical skeptic supposed "Iran Hugger" (?!)/conspiracy theorist that I am, I'm just going to remind everyone of a certain briefing where a certain secretary of defense and his cohorts showed us all "evidence" of "mobile bio warfare labs".

Remember that?

I certainly do!

I remember a few other things too..... WMD lies

So the sad thing here is, Bush, the independant inspectors and whoever else makes a case like this, will never be taken seriously again by lots of people.

For those who say that this report comes from trustworthy and reliable sources, please tell me what exactly that means in this day and age?

Whether it's intelligence agencies, government organisations, or independant bodies, they are all either corrupt, spineless or ignored and therefore of no use.

The world believed them last time, and look where we are today.

I'm no Iran hugger, but then again i'm not in the habit of dishing out hugs to those who lie to get us to war and to line thier pockets.

I am of the opinion now that i will never fully trust anything our officials tell us, and i know i am not alone. That is a shame. Those who beat the war drums are like the little boy who cried wolf.

One day they'll tell one too many lies and no-one will believe them......then watch it come back and bite them on the ass!

CX.

[edit on 7/3/08 by CX]

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Yes...the long awaited news-post-topic to balance out all the news items of iran-apologists here at ATS.

Sad thing is, many wont be interested in the truth and would prefer to go on hugging Iran.

[edit on 6-3-2008 by Skyfloating]

How does it work with Closed Door meetings? Who brought it out?

Which of the "member states" is able to create a Powerpoint presentation?

And then, let's say it is true...they are working towards the situation they have something relative to Pakistan and India, unauthorized nuclear weaponry.

Why spread the FEAR that this is the end of the world. When one of these states is stupid enough to use it, it is the end of their state. so they won't use it, but just want to be one of the guys with the big dic...weapon.

The US/Russian weaponry is lightyears beyond such a thing.
Let's see what the warmongers among us do with news like this.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

And how do we know it's not just another lie by the Bush administration????

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I doubt that Iran has developed nukes. How do i know? Well if they had already developed them, Israel would have just bombed the living daylights out of them, as they did with Syria.

To the OP, who said that liberals had made it impossible for Bush to sort out this threat... chill, Israel will sort it.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Did most people like instantly just forgot the mess caused in Iraq? Like making false evidence to justify an invasion. Just replace the q with an n and you get a match.

Btw, who is the US to tell who's aloud and not aloud to own anything. Aren't they the only country that actually used such weapons on humans.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher

I knew it all along and so did some others here while tons of people here were crying and whining that Israel and the United States were making it all up to start another war. Well here you go. Read it and weep. We are all now in more danger than ever thanks to the whiny liberals who have made it just about impossible for our president to stop this threat now. One can only hope Bush has the guts to bomb Iran's nuclear sites of the map.

www.newsmax.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

In all truth i don't care if they get a nuclear weapon, the chances of them using it are miniscule, becuase if they ever did then they would be wiped cleanly off the map. Why is it the USA and a few others are allowed nukes but Iran isn't? It seems highly hypocritical. It's all about the states wanting to keep their large club over as much of the world as they can.

I don't hate the USA before you accuse me of that, but i do dislike their foreign policy, it's far to aggressive. Let Iran have nukes and give them the chance to show they can be responsible. If they misuse the technology then bomb them until there is nothing left other than a crater, can't accuse me of being liberal when i say something liek that either i hope.

If the USA uses this as an excuse to attack Iran then it will be the start of a global war. It won't be instant but it will ramp up over a decade after they invade Iran. I hope the administration has more sense to see the big picture. Sadly their big picture seems to involve getting all of the oil supplies that they can. This current president is making the country look like a war monger, is that the view you want the world to have of your nation?

Let's all hope for common sense to descend on the leaders of the world.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
It's pretty scary that alot of people openly advocate attacking Iran. All based on lies and propaganda. Anyone who still thinks these wars happen because we are in danger or because someone needs to be liberated has to turn off his TV.

This isn't even about nukes, this is about excuses to perpetuate war in the middle east.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   

He also showed an Iranian animation demonstrating how a Shahab-3 missile could be programmed to detonate at about 2,000 feet over a target. Heinonen noted that detonation at that altitude only made sense for a nuclear warhead.

How about the infamous Electro Magnetic Pulse?

Do EMP weapons necessarily need nuclear detonation? I've seen vid clips of small scale almost home made EMP devices that used car batteries cooected in series - but got to admit I know very little about the mechanics.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then

How about the infamous Electro Magnetic Pulse?

Do EMP weapons necessarily need nuclear detonation? I've seen vid clips of small scale almost home made EMP devices that used car batteries cooected in series - but got to admit I know very little about the mechanics.

The closest thing i've seen to a pure EMP weapon is the FCG (Flux Compression Generator). It uses some complex maths, electrical design and a conventional high explosive to compress and power the field. As far as i know they aren't workable to the point of a weapon at the moment, but then again none of us know where the government funnels billions of dollars.

Maybe the USA has developed the design a good deal further, as for Iran? I severly doubt they have the know how to make an EMP weapon.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
For all the Iran apologist.

Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT or NNPT) is an international treaty to limit the spread of nuclear weapons, opened for signature on July 1, 1968. There are currently 189 countries party to the treaty, five of which have nuclear weapons: the United States, the United Kingdom, France, Russia, and the People's Republic of China (the permanent members of the UN Security Council) .

Only four nations are not signatories: India, Israel, Pakistan and North Korea. India and Pakistan both possess and have openly tested nuclear bombs. Israel has had a policy of opacity regarding its own nuclear weapons program. North Korea ratified the treaty, violated it, and later withdrew.

The treaty was proposed by Ireland, and Finland was the first to sign. The signing parties decided by consensus to extend the treaty indefinitely and without conditions upon meeting in New York City on May 11, 1995. The NPT consists of a preamble and eleven articles. Although the concept of "pillars" appears nowhere in the NPT, the treaty is nevertheless sometimes interpreted as having three pillars: non-proliferation, disarmament, and the right to peacefully use nuclear technology.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Newsmax is not what I would call a "reliable source of info". I just don't see the threat. They don't have the technology. They can't hit the US, and I don't think they would want to. I don't really care about Israel. Israel has enough nuclear warheads and missile delivery systems to nuke each country in the entire middle east 12.8 times. They are not in danger. Iran barley has a Navy, couple of drunks flying around the sea in speedboats shouting at the random American Battleship they see off of their coast. Which I could understand, becuase if the Chinese started patrolling next to our shore, I bet I'd get drunk and Screaming at them out the side of my boat also. Anyway....

Look, war with Iran is the most stupid and idiotic thing we could possibly do right now. First off, our dollar is already on the ropes, and going further into debt to finance another war won't make that better, in fact it will make it worse. Secondly, The Chinese import something like 60% of their entire oil supply through Iran, Really think they'll just sit there while we take over the Iranian Ports? They'd dump our dollar faster than you can blink, and that alone would end every war we are in, and every war we could have been in.

So before any of you start beating the war drum and making statements about "whiney liberals", I'd suggest you make an attempt to understand the mnuch graver threat to our economic survival. Some of you think we are a superpower becuase we have the most technologically advanced military the world has ever seen. I'm here to tell you, that you are flat wrong. We are a super power because We hold the worlds reserve currency, if we loose that we won't be able to afford the gas to power your precious war machine.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
regardless of whether or not this is true, I bet the Bush administration is ecstatic right now!
I mean, have people on ATS not predicted that Bush was going to invade Iran and then delay the upcoming election?
We labeled them as terrorists already if you guys remember.
So all the Bush administration has to see is that these "terrorists" have access to a nuclear weapon... the ultimate threat the the US's allies.

Well, if Bush decides to attack before the election, you can count on him not going anywhere for a while.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by aravoth

I haven't read your entire post yet, but yeah, sorry to say, they DO have the technology...
Its really not that hard, and you can find instructions on how to make an atom bomb on the internet, thanks to freedom of the press.
And I dont think the US is worried about Iran using the warhead on us, but more so our allies... like Israel perhaps?
So that would suck is Iran did use their weapon, though I suppose they have the right to have one?

Edited to Add...
This would only be good for the dollar, bad for the American people.
You have to look at the big picture...
If the dollar value continues to decrease, then the govt can do one of two things... or both eventually...
1) scare us into giving up our rights for the govt to take care of us..
Ie: giving us jobs, healthcare, free tuition, etc...
2) The North American Union... nuff said.

[edit on 7-3-2008 by Odessy]

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Israel Has a lot more nukes than Iran does. And yes, countries have the right to defend themselves.

Whats the alternative? The US goes to war with Iran to "protect" Israel, thousands more Americans die for what?

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

This would be horrible for the dollar. We don't have the money to go to war. Period. We have to borrow money from foreigners to finance the war in Iraq. All of which will result in the FED printing more money to catch up with the shortfall, which will create more inflation, which will devalue the dollar, which will cause prices to go up.....see where I'm going with this?

It is not good for the dollar, if that were true our economy would be booming right nw.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by aravoth

Well, as much as you might not care about Israel (I do), America does.
America has been defending Israel since they became a state.
Why? because it is the holy land.
Reguardless of what you have to say about religion, America is founded on christianity and will always have those roots. the bible states that the hebrews are gods chosen people.
And this really has nothing to do with Israel having nukes...
The US is LOOKING for an excuse to attack Iran...
YOU HAVE TO LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE MATE!
NWO?
All these speculation you read about on ATS?
War is the Key to any of these events unfolding.
Now, if we do attack Iran, thats just one more piece to the puzzle.
Remember, it was the US who labeled Iran terrorists, no one else.
It is the US that blames Iran for training insugents to fight in Iraq.
Take your opinions and ego out of this, you have to see the big picture.
I dont want us to go to War with Iran, but I believe the American govt. would have a hay day with it...

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by aravoth

ahh, I see what your saying...

but I'm looking at it as an elaborate act.

Fear drives people to do anything.

What more Fear can we give the American People than to say, hey, our money is worthless...

So yeah, not good for the dollar, but not bad for the US govt. if we give up our rights over Fear.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Weak Sauce.

Points of interest in this news.

1). Don't know where the power point presentation came from, however a few member states help (meaning Israel & Israel?).

2). This entire article is such rubbish considering the report is written in a way to insinuate that all these actions are presently taking place. When in reality, the entire meeting and discloser was because the previous report said the mobile operation ceased in fall of 03', and this new information says it was open for a few months longer closing in January 04.

So this whole secret disclosure was to reveal that the operation existed for three months longer.

The OP is so funny is his support of this story. I wonder if he even realized what the report was saying. Media outlets are losers.

AAC

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I know people are not in tune to seeing the Biblical prophecy point of view in all this, but it was just a way of offering another angle. If this ever get's out of hand and it starts looking like something predicted in the Bible, i am not the one to be too quiet about it.

I do not care if people dispute it, all I want to bring is the information about it, like some reference from else where, something missed or something people can maybe see the connections but are unaware of it.
History does repeat it self and it will, it's the way we are and if it was to go on and on man will still be acting in the same pattern, as many emipires or populations grow too big end up doing the same thing, but you can not put future names on them like the Bible gambles to do. Unless it's some ancient conspiracy.

This below is something I wrote a while back as I know it may come in handy as history of this topic repeats it self.
------------------------------------------------

Ezekiel 38 nations against Israel:

What this article and peoples theories show is that they can see the connections of this alliance that Iran is building, one day it maybe be used to make war, one that endtime believers think could happen. There maybe tensions right now as I guess people around the world cannot deny it otherwise. The prophecies may not happen next week but the potholes are in place for everyone to get dragged into this Biblical War and Ezekiel, which is about Israel's end times at the end of the ages circumstance, whilst the opposing nations are pre-named.

Some argue this about another Gog and Magog war in 1000 years time during the peace process when Jesus rules the earth as stated in the Book of Revelations. But this war could still go ahead, if Iran still plays this poker game - ''It’s a Nuclear energy of Peace but we want to kill you game'' then Israel might actually strike Iran and more nations will get involved, Iran might even blow them selves up and Isreal gets the blame. The UN may gang up and say no Nuclear weapons allowed or we will attack anymore nations that will want to use them so isolating the invastion of Isreal to surrounding armies. Then all these nations would have to gather by other means of manual fighting because by then the UN would monitor everything. So the war will be fought by a territorial means as Ezekiel mentions. Remember this is not Armageddon yet that is bigger.
A few delays prior to this may occur, it can happen next week, it could happen in 20 years time, but the tension is pulling till it snaps unless resolved and even that it's prone reignite.

Ezekiel 38:1-6 The word of the Lord came to me; Son of man, set your face against Gog, of the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal; prophesy against him and say: 'This is what the Sovereign Lord says: I am against you, O Gog, chief prince of Meshech and Tubal. I will turn you around, put hooks in your jaws and bring you out with your whole army - your horsemen fully armed, and a great horde with large and small shields, all of them brandishing their swords. Persia, Cush and Put will be with them, all with shields and helmets, also Gomer with all its troops, and Beth Togarmah from the far north with all its troops - the many nations with you

2500 years ago – modern nation
Rosh - Russia
Magog- Central Asia
Meshech- Turkey
Tubal- Turkey (also southern Russia and Iran)
Persia -Iran
Ethiopia- (Cush) Sudan
Put- Libya

Gomer- Turkey
Many peoples with you- Other Islamic nations

All I am saying if this is right look out this is just one event with many roads leading to it. Yes you don’t have to believe but makes you wonder.

[edit on 7-3-2008 by The time lord]

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher

I knew it all along and so did some others here while tons of people here were crying and whining that Israel and the United States were making it all up to start another war. Well here you go. Read it and weep. We are all now in more danger than ever thanks to the whiny liberals who have made it just about impossible for our president to stop this threat now. One can only hope Bush has the guts to bomb Iran's nuclear sites of the map.

www.newsmax.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

??? First of all who knows if this is actually true? Second of all so what if it is? How many nukes does United States have? How many does Russia have? How many nukes are in the world? All these other countries can have nuclear weapons but when someone like Iran tries "oh no those terrorists!" we must stop them and protect the world by policing it..! Rofl.. grow up they want them for protection so they will not be invaded and devastated like Iraq was (For absolutely NO reason). Like I said grow up, we have hundreds of nukes, stop being a such a #ing hypocrite. Besides.. while I believe they have the right to have them if we can I also know Israel would NEVER allow it. If they were anywhere near close to making nukes Israel would pay them a visit they won't be likely to forget for some time.

[edit on 7-3-2008 by ready4whatever]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join