It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Ops Secret Badges

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Did a quick search for this and didnt see it posted yet...

www.newsweek.com...

It is a pretty cool audio clip/s of a guy who did some research into the meaning of several different badges often portrayed by different black ops member throught the ages.

Enjoy!

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
A lot of them look like morale patches that guys get made up while deployed. Every crew on my last deployment made up one and the meaning of them is unknown to anyone that wasn't on the deployment or flew with those guys.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
A lot of them look like morale patches that guys get made up while deployed. Every crew on my last deployment made up one and the meaning of them is unknown to anyone that wasn't on the deployment or flew with those guys.

Those dont have to do with Black Ops. Anyone in the military will know that these are exactly what jerico just described.

Every squadron will have some made up ones floating around. Or individuals will do it.

We have one here in Alaska that is of a mooning butt and says "we freeze our asses off so you dont have to"

They are like trading cards.

[edit on 6-3-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Those were great but I hate flicking through a slide show.
I found one I like.
Now I gotta find out about this "black manta".

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

They are like trading cards.

[edit on 6-3-2008 by greeneyedleo]

Exactly. I loved the one by a tanker unit that said, "When man thought they could burn water". At the time, that model of KC135 had water injected engines.

Or the one from the guys at Beale that shows one guy kicking the other in the groin and it said, "Morale stops here".

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Or the famous Air Force one w/a loaded jet that just says "Without weapons, we are just another airline"

I bet there are tons of these on eBay.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
One of my favourites, our 'unofficial' squadron badge!

KITDAFOS (not latin but: Kept In The Dark And Fed On Sh*te!!)

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
ah - an " in depth analysis " of patches that are designed as an in joke - dont people understand that the patches PANDER to urban ledgend and rumour ?

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
awesome book , i highly recomend it .

quite cheap too !!

thanks

snoopyuk

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
When I was down in the Falkland Islands, the royal Engineers down there had a motto on their badges to look like Latin

"Ubend Um, We men Dum"

About the best I saw

Peace...

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Rock Ape

Nice one Rockape, i too have seen some funny ones in the RAF.

snoopyuk

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Interesting, I like the first one "tastes like chicken" LoL. There was some funny and maybe weird thought behind that one.

Good post OP

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Any body know enough Latin to tell me what those badges say?

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I like the welcome to missiles the morale stops here. It depicts a guy being kicked in the nuts by another guy. Perfect representation of the missile career field

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Wow, this guy actually wrote a book about a bunch of patches that were probably all made solely cause they look cool.

Hell 10th mountain spartans, have a cryptic spartan holding a severed head as our unit patch.But, I guess we aren't secret enough.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
It's amusing to see a lot of the ignorant responses from people on this thread. I've noticed that people seem willing to believe nearly any wacked out conspiracy theory but when someone (like the author of the book in question) tries to provide verifiable facts he gets scoffed at.

The patches in Tevor Paglen's book are all genuine. They represent classified units and projects (the manta patch is from a Lockheed Martin UAV project, stikkinikki) and were mostly obtained from the people who were directly involved. Most were produced in very limited numbers and are mementos prized by their original owners. They are not "like trading cards."

You might also seek out Dwayne Day's recent online article on patches for classified NRO satellites and squadrons.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowhawk

i totally aggree,

i bought the book of amazon last week, and as i said in previous post it is a very informative cool book,

can you please post a link to Dwayne days page, i had a look but could not find the one you meant.

thanks

snoopyuk

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
The two-part article, "Secrets and Signs," by Dwayne day and Roger Guillemette can be found on The Space Review:

www.thespacereview.com...

www.thespacereview.com...

Overall, it is a good article. There is, however, one notable error in Part 2. In Day's description of a patch with the words NITWITS RUBES OAFS and SETEC ASTRONOMY, he suggests that "whoever produced the patch...had obviously not had a good experience with the NRO and its penchant for secrecy." In fact, this emblem is is a certification patch issued to qualified personnel by the commander of a certain unit. The rare patch, considered a controlled item, is prized by the recipients.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Thankyou Shadowhawk.
nice link
take care

snoopyuk

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   

SETEC ASTRONOMY = To Many Secrets

new topics