It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Earth the site of a White Hole?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

Have you read this thread from the beginning?
I could be the worlds greatest wordsmith but doesn't change the fact that those two came here with an agenda.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

High energy particles, strong radiation, strong gravitational effects, warping of space, all have to have some accounting or we're just not talking about 'white holes', which, incidentally would not be colored 'white'.

Indeed, this was just the point I tried to make in my first post. You make it more clearly, and with greater kindness and tolerance for the absurd than I could ever muster. I salute you.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

You are sooo full of it.
Allow me to show you your first post.

Yes, of course volcanoes are due to a fiery White Hole at the centre of the Hollow Earth, spewing radiation in great blasts of photons through the pores of the planet. Great bursts of quarks and leptons erupting from Vesuvius and Pinatubo and Erebus. Where do you think those scary quasar-like flashes come from? Those weird relativistic effects at the lip of the crater, when time suddenly appears to speed up with near-infinite acceleration? It's got to be a white hole.

After all, this is the Science & Technology forum, so it must be true.

Especially when you (once again) are taking what I am saying in my post out of context and using it to sustain whatever yarn you feel like pulling out of your butt at that moment in time.

So.
Done toadying up to the mod yet or do I get treated to more of your rhetoric?

[edit on 12-3-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by WraothAscendant

Oh, hallo hallo! There you are again. I was hoping you'd stop by to chat.

Allow me to show you your first post.

Well, that's nice of you, but I read it over a couple of times before posting it, so you really needn't bother. I'm familiar with it.

Especially when you (once again) are taking what I am saying in my post out of context.

Out of context? I never quoted you, so how could I have taken what you said out of context? Do you mean that I turned the meaning of your words to make them say something different from what you meant? Let's see, you said

What if Earth was the site of a White Hole????? It would explain why Earth seems to be still volcanically active...

and I said

Yes, of course volcanoes are due to a fiery White Hole at the centre of the Hollow Earth...

Where's the difference in meaning or context? Okay, you never said the white hole was fiery or that the earth was hollow. Call that bit speculation. Speculation is okay on this thread, right? You said it was -- or am I taking your words out of context again?

and using it to sustain whatever yarn you feel like pulling out of your butt at that moment in time.

...which just happens to be the same yarn Badge01 pulled out of his or her brain. Odd, that, isn't it? Coincidence? Evidence of conspiracy? Or just a sign that we know something you don't?

Done toadying up to the mod yet or do I get treated to more of your rhetoric?

I quite like the phrase 'toadying up to', since toadying is definitely something that is done to people higher up in the pecking order. But mere 'toadying to' has served English speakers quite well since the schooldays of Tom Brown, so perhaps 'toadying up' is a superfluous innovation.

Besides, I was replying to Badge01, who is not a moderator. Not yet, anyway.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Perfect fix now found. *clicks the wonderful ignore button* Clears all self righteous pseudo-intellectual babble within minutes.

So anyway for anyone not a quest to prove their own false intellectual superiority over someone else.

Basically the thought was if white holes exist at all:
1) perhaps the level of radiation is not what we think it is I don't see why the thought that it is basically a mirror of a black hole anyway. If they do exist I'd see them as just more or less the output of a input. And it is worth noting that there is radioactivity to be found down there (under the earth) if I remember correctly. *shrugs*
2) If it was a relatively small black hole seems to me the white hole would be smaller and not be a constant stream of material unless the black hole has a constant stream coming in. Leading to bursts of well loser material than went in, you know what black holes are said to do, which would cause a spike in volcanism as well.

It should also be noted I am not all together convinced black holes even exist because we have yet to really even get our feet wet in space and I think it is just another sign of mankind's over reactive need to explain everything. Considering the fact we are just peering at it from our little corner so I think we probly have a great deal wrong.

But please someone who wants to speculate with me please do.
I am not out for any "I'm smarter than you are." games. I have nothing to prove. But nor will I stand to have someone beat me over the head with speculation while saying my speculation is not allowed.
Yea yea yea I know how dare I.

reply to post by ProTo Fire Fox

Very true. But also the show that spawned my thought was about the strangeness that happens around the Bermuda triangle and some triangle in the orient.

They did find some weird findings while there.
Nothing conclusive of course but was interesting.

[edit on 12-3-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Very interesting thread, Wraith, as usual. I had never even hear of 'white holes' before this. Interesting speculation. Sorry you got sniped at by others who might have difficulty understanding the definition of the word speculation but this was a good read.

*off to read more about white holes*

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Hmm... I wonder if black holes are mentioned in any sacred texts? 'Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched' sounds like a pretty good metaphorical description of spacetime dilation effects around the event horizon. Anyone read that Gregory Benford story about the astronaut whose ship plunged into a black hole and his dying scream was relayed across the airwaves for eternity? Illustrates the eschatalogoical possibilities rather well.

Who knows? Maybe Hell is a black hole, and Earth is a white one.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Thank you Ash.
As I said I am not altogether convinced even black holes exist. But I figured it might be fun to speculate.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Ok, Let's stay on topic, Please.

Attack the topic , NOT the poster.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by chromatico

wow that wasn't a very long reply... I don't know about you Wroath but I wouldn't bother paying attention to any thing this guy has to say, I mean, he didn't say very much to begin with so he obviously doesn't know much about what he's talking about... plus he sounds like one of those right-wing close minded types......

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join