It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Earth the site of a White Hole?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I was watching a show on the History channel talking about a possible black hole being on Earth. But it brought a comment that got me thinking.
What if Earth was the site of a White Hole?????
It would explain why Earth seems to be still volcanically active rather than like it's nearest neighbors Venus and Mars that seem volcanically dead. Perhaps as the black hole that is the source of the white hole swallows stuff it crams more into the core. Keeping the pressure up and thusly the heat.

Pure speculation but what do you think?

Oh and I am in a hurry but my thoughts go deeper but I wanted to throw that out there before procrastination took over.

[edit on 6-3-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by WraothAscendant

1. There is no proof white holes exist.

2. There is no proof that Earth would be at the site of one if they do.

[edit on 6-3-2008 by chromatico]

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by chromatico

What part of the words pure speculation escaped you?
You can scoff at my idea all you like but if you don't have anything to add why the heck did you post? Otherwords I am asking for thoughts not "it can't be because blah blah is not proven. Complete thoughts PLEASE.
Yes I know there is no proof of white holes existing but like I said I AM SPECULATING.

Should be noted I am not completely convinced Black Holes exist. But like I said I am speculating.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
That actually got me to thinking.
What if the universe is like say the ocean. With matter floating on the "top" of it. And as an object gets deeper and deeper away from the "surface" it gains more gravity which in turns causes it to have more mass.
Darn I need to organize my thoughts.
But like I said pure speculation.

And like pulling something that floats down no matter how far you pull it down eventually it'll float back to the surface. Not in the same location you pulled it down in either. Thus black holes and white holes.

Basically in a nutshell space/time is more like water than anything else.
Matter being basically clumps of space/time.

Thoughts?

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by WraothAscendant

What part of the words pure speculation escaped you?
You can scoff at my idea all you like but if you don't have anything to add why the heck did you post?

That's his thoughts on the subject though which is hardly put forward in a scoffing way and it does add something, it reminds us that none have been discovered and even if they had theres no evidence the earth contains one, even speculating one would quickly realise how unlikely it sounds, a white hole would be white due to all the escaping energy/mass which would be from the stuff entering the black hole, now we already know that such energy/mass would likely be a heck of a lot, we're talking solar masses of stuff so your saying you think all that energy/mass is coming out at the centre of the earth?

Somehow i think the earth would not be here if that were the case, in fact this whole solar system would be messed up from that amount of stuff being released from a single point and all you think it would do is power a bit of volcanic activity? Anyway theres plenty of scientific information about what powers that to read before you need go speculating such far out ideas that with a little thought don't make a lot of sense anyway, no offence though just adding my thoughts.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I would have to do some research on white holes and whether or not they are deemed a complete opposite of black holes...in actuality, rather than just name.

This could be a very interesting topic. Everyone should consider for a second that everything we think we know about quantum physics and space was communicated to us via a third party. A black hole is called a black hole because it was an apt description of two properties...

1) At the time, nothing seemed to escape its' area.

2) Black is a convenient scientific term to describe "that which we do not yet understand"

I would like to contribute more on the subject, but I must do some research...

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I really don't think that there is a black hole on the Earth or anywhere
near it. Supposedly, a black hole is so massive, it would swallow up
the entire Solar System as we know it. It would suck everything into
it never to be seen again. It is called a black hole because not even
light can escape from it. Once something is sucked into it, it is a goner.
That is because of the massive magnetic pull on everything around it,
or, inside of it.

A white hole, on the otherhand, is where matter, and light, can possibly
escape from the other side and be spewed back out into space, including
light, thus the term white hole, because the light and matter may be visible
again, but on the other side of the black hole.

I am sure our own Galaxy has a black hole or maybe even more. Most
scientists would probably agree that every Galaxy has at least one black
hole. Being that our Milky Way is around 100,000 light years across, there
could be a couple of them lurking around, but they are still a long, long
way from here. If that would be true, it is conceivable that there would
be a white hole as well.

I think that if the Earth was close at all to a black hole, we would be dust
or gas by now.

ZOOMER

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
First off, you're going to have to explain just what the heck a "white hole" is.

As for our vulcanism, beats me. I think it has something to do with our moon impact and resultant rotation. I know that Io has vulcanism because Jupiter's gravity squeezes it until the pressure makes its core melt and spew out...

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
A white hole is the opposite side of a black hole where things are
sucked into it. The white hole side, is where matter, along with light,
are expelled out the other side. At least that is what the History channel
described it as.

It is called a black hole because not even light can escape from it because
of the extreme magnetic pull.

The white hole simply means that matter would possibly be visible again
if it were to be observed from the other side. Try to imagine two funnels
joined at the center. The left side would be the black hole entrance, and the right side would be the exit point.

ZOOMER

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by just theory

If Black Holes and White Holes where interconnected and the Black Hole is where matter and energy came in and the White Hole where matter and energy came out wouldn't they be of rather similar sizes? Actually I think it's altogether likely if that connection is true the White Hole would be rather smaller by the very nature of what a black holes does.
And aren't there Black Holes of ALL sizes?
Not just the super large ones that are the center of galaxies?

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ZOOMER

Ah but isn't it theorized that a black hole rips things to shreds with its gravity?
Actually it rips them to smaller than shreds if I remember correctly. So it wouldn't be exactly like a funnel. Maybe like a beer funnel.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Here you go fox.

In astrophysics, a white hole is the time reversal of a black hole. While a black hole acts as an absorber for any matter that crosses the event horizon, a white hole acts as a source that ejects matter from its event horizon. The sign of the acceleration is invariant under time reversal, so both black and white holes attract matter. The only potential difference between them is in the behavior at the horizon.

Source: White Hole @ Wikipedia

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Yes, you are correct that a black hole would probably rip
things to shreads or turn it into compost maybe. But what
comes out the other side would be visible as a spray of "stuff".
What WOULD be visible I guess is the light that would be released
somehow that entered from the DARK side. I say probably and
somehow, because these things are still speculation and not
totally proven. The light that comes out the other side is why it
is called a WHITE hole. I know I am probably as clear as mud.
The gravitational pull going into the Black side, would lessen as
material flows through it, and be able to pass out the other end
because of much less gravity pull.

ZOOMER

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
The idea behind a white hole is that the gravity distortion from a black hole is so extreme that it literally punches a hole in the space-time continuum. It invariably ends up looping back to another point in space-time. The problem is, there is no way to tell when and where a white hole will appear. Of course even black holes are still considered to be somewhat hypothetical, so white holes are even more far fetched. However, there has been quite a bit of research into such, and it seems that if black holes are in fact real, it seems logical that the matter sucked in must come out somewhere/when. The where and when can be billions of years and light years away from the black hole it originated from.

Here is a model:

upload.wikimedia.org...

The idea of a white hole being in the center of the Earth is quite intriguing. I'm afraid however, if that were the case the Earth would be torn to shreds in mere moments. You would have highly ionized matter traveling near the speed of light bombarding the earth's core.

Not to mention the possible presence of tachyons which are hypothetical units of matter that are would be traveling faster than the speed of light and actually moving backwards in time. The idea is that as you approach the speed of light time slows down. If you were to break the speed of light an optic boom would be created all energy on the object would be reduced to zero and it would be moving infinitely fast while moving backwards in time. Since this would be occurring in normal space-time who knows what would happen if they were exposed to solid objects such as planets. The result could be similar to a matter/anti-matter explosion.

In short the Earth would not be able to maintain equilibrium because the would be no way to properly vent the exponential amounts of kinetic energy and matter being introduced. If a white hole were to appear in the center of our planet, you wouldn't even have time to kiss your butt goodbye.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

REAL good points man. But however. How do we know that it would be spewing out like that? You did introduce something I didn't think of and thank you for that. If that is the case then yes it is impossible. But also it could be warped somewhat to explain the continued volcanism at the core.
But who knows..........

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by WraothAscendant

In the end no one could know for sure what the result would be...but from what I've read over the years that would be the likely outcome. For some reason I was obsessive about quantum mechanics when I was in middle school. I dunno... that's my two cents. I enjoy the idea nonetheless. Thanks for starting the thread.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

I thought about it and fell in love with the idea.
hEh I do that from time to time. Thank you for responding.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Would love to hear whatever you end up bringing to the table.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Do you even know what a white hole is?

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by WraothAscendant
reply to post by ZOOMER

Ah but isn't it theorized that a black hole rips things to shreds with its gravity?
Actually it rips them to smaller than shreds if I remember correctly. So it wouldn't be exactly like a funnel. Maybe like a beer funnel.

I thought it "spaghettifies" things. Like keeps stretching and stretching them into one long thread for eternity.

Or isn this the same as tearing something apart?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join