It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Pauls lone vote in Congress against condemnation of Hamas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
FINAL VOTE RESULTS

www.wakeupfromyourslumber.com...

(H RES 951 ) 5-Mar-2008 12:26 PM

QUESTION: On Motion to Suspend the Rules and Agree, as Amended
BILL TITLE: Condemning the ongoing Palestinian rocket attacks on Israeli civilians, and for other purposes

Yes / No / PRESS NV
Democratic 214 / 4 / 12
Republican 190 / 1 / 7
Independent
TOTALS 404 1 4 19

Rep - Yes

Ackerman Aderholt Akin Alexander Allen Altmire Andrews Arcuri Baca
Bachmann Bachus Baird Baldwin Barrett (SC) Barrow Bartlett (MD) Barton (TX) Bean Becerra Berkley Berman Berry Biggert Bilbray Bilirakis Bishop(GA) ...
Whitfield (KY) Wilson (NM) Wilson Wittman (VA) Wolf Wu Wynn Warmuth Young (AK) Young (FL)

Rep - No

Paul

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Starting A New Thread – Please Review This Link

[edit on 7-3-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I'm not sure I understand the point. Is he saying he supports the Hamas attacks on Israel?

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Hamas is a political party.

This vote is going to the point that Hamas will be seen as Terrorist Group, witch give US and Israel free move towards Palestinian people and elected government in Gaza.

Ron Paul is against war. All wars. "US should not interfere in foreign country, and in its domestical problems." This kind of votes just gives US government aproval for Israels slaughtering civil peoples in Gaza.

Thinking about Hamas firing rockets, after years of killing civilians by IDF, I support their resistance 100%. Israel is made up to Palestines territory, witch should be theirs today too. Building walls, lack in food and energy supply, making ghettos, raiding homes... thats Israel fascism towards innocent civilians, from what they should also get rightful punishments!

[edit on 6-3-2008 by JanusFIN]

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
What they agreed to:

Resolved, That the House of Representatives--
(1) condemns, in the strongest possible terms, the ongoing Iranian-enabled rocket attacks on Israeli civilians;
(2) supports the sovereign right of the Government of Israel to defend its territory and stop the rocket attacks on its citizens;
(3) recognizes the difficult balance Israel faces as the competing pressures of being the primary supplier of numerous necessities for Palestinian civilians, such as fuel, electricity, and medicine, even while rockets are being fired at Israel from Palestinian areas;
(4) supports Palestinian civilians who reject Hamas and all forms of terrorism, desiring to live in peace with their Israeli neighbors;
(5) places responsibility for launching the rocket attacks on Hamas and other terrorist organizations, such as Islamic Jihad, in Gaza;
(6) regards these rocket attacks and the fostering of terrorism in the Palestinian territories as direct hindrances to the peace process in the region;
(7) recognizes that the rocket attacks against Israel would not be possible without the material support of the Governments of Iran and Syria;
(8) calls on all nations, including Egypt, to take affirmative, transparent, verifiable steps to stop the flow of rockets and other terrorism-enabling materials (including human resources) to the Palestinian territories; and
(9) reaffirms the strong and unyielding friendship between the governments and the people of Israel and the United States.

And the drum beats louder towards war with Iran and Syria!

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

How is he the lone vote when it says 4 democrats voted no as well according to the numbers you posted?? Who were the 4 democrats that voted no??

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1Angrylightbulb

How is he the lone vote when it says 4 democrats voted no as well according to the numbers you posted?? Who were the 4 democrats that voted no??

Sorry, I miss the link... Democrats was:

Abercrombie
Capuano
McDermott
Moran (VA)

clerk.house.gov...

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
And the drum beats louder towards war with Iran and Syria!

Reminds me of something said in the movie Zeitgeist. I forget which part (2 or 3) but it was in regards to what a Rockefeller said to Aaron Russo about our future conquest plans.

Scary indeed..

[edit on 6-3-2008 by TXRabbit]

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

Zeitgeist may be correct in that point, but, personally, I wouldn't go around quoting it...I feel that the movie made so many distortions so as to smear some legitimate alternative topics.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

As an RP supporter, even I am starting to wonder what the point is. Our military is sent out all over the world to do this and that. We are the tyrants of the world, no wonder everyone hates us. Whatever happened to making America strong, what a pathetic nation we have become to allow our "leaders" tell us what to do and think. Americans are incredibly stupid for letting this happen over and over and over again. The govt works for us, not the other way around. Wasting my breath yet again.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   

This vote is going to the point that Hamas will be seen as Terrorist Group, witch give US and Israel free move towards Palestinian people and elected government in Gaza.

Hamas has been designated a terrorist organization for quite some time according to the State Department website of terror orgs.
So I am not sure what this vote would have been for.

Obs out

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
hamas is not considered a terrorists group to the overwhelming majority of the world(why? because hamas isn't). just because israel and america says they are, doesn't make it so.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freakaloin
just because israel and america says they are, doesn't make it so.

But when they, as not part of a national army, attack civilians (non military non strategic targets) and use suicide bombings as a tactic, then they are.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Ron Paul is against war. All wars. "US should not interfere in foreign country, and in its domestical problems." This kind of votes just gives US government aproval for Israels slaughtering civil peoples in Gaza.

Thinking about Hamas firing rockets, after years of killing civilians by IDF,

is made up to Palestines territory

First, Hamas is a terrorist organization who got political and thus elected to lead. Much the same sence the Taliban was a political and terrorist group.

Second, the domestic problems of foreign coutnries can easily become problems for America (ref WW1), which is why it is in America's interest to try have a relationship with foreign nations.

As far as the territorial rights go, this can be disputed a hundred different ways. Lets face it, Israel is not going away without a total military offensive, which even if all the palestinians in palestine went in as suicide bombers, they could not accomplish this. It would take a multi-state attack to even come close, but that would basically usher in WW3. So they are going to have to come to an agreement on who is giong to live where and then have a plan on how to deal with the terrorist attacks the palestinians carry out after.

Haven't you noticed, that whenever they come to a peaceful time, Israel doesn't attack first? It is always some rocket attack or suicide bomding from Palestine or by palestinians. Then Israel retaliates and the whole thing kicks off again. It the suicide bombers and rocket attacks would stop, the only issue would be land rights, and if the 2 governments can come to an agreement on that then why cant the people of palestine leave well enough alone?

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

True dat - and I fully support non violence as much as I support R.P.

I also would add that in this bill I think there is wording like fighting against “embedded (or is it imbedded) rocket installations (or is it instillations)? You get the point.

I've seen some of these rocket launches on the WEB, and their embedded 'infrastructure' (in those cases I saw) was about a 1/2 step better than a Coke bottle. When the embargo was working and there was no Coke to be had a log or stone would probably do.

And BTW Bush-Co have got to stop the guns and training to Fatah(sp?); if they seriously want the violence to stop - that infrastructure gets pointed at Israelis eventually.

top topics

join