It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Friends and Foes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Hi, I just realized we have a freind and foe lists, and somehow i've got a list of foes that i've never added, probably came from errant mouse clicks or something, same with my friends list.

Nobody on my foes list is a foe of mine, how can i clear the list?

Thanks in advance!

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Are you sure they aren't people who added you to their friend/foe list? Because there should be an x right next to your chosen friends/foes that you can use to take them off.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Thanks, the red x is what i was looking for, i just didn't see those were clickable, or what they did, i thought it was just list markers or summat.

No, it's all ones i added, now off to clear my list.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
My respected foes come and go.

I put them on the list when they gain my respect, and red X 'em when they lose it.

When someone puts me on their foes list I usually send them a u2u to find out what I did to deserve the "honor."

I'm still waiting for replies...

I usually have a good idea why I've been added to someone's friends list, and I always know why I've added someone to mine.

My question is: Why do we receive a u2u notice when someone adds us to their foes list, but not when someone adds us to their friends list?

It's embarrassing to go to add someone to your friends list and discover they've already added you to their friends list sometime in the past.

I'm easy, I add members to my friends list all the time, but it's very rare someone goes on to my foes list, you gotta earn my respect.

And continue to be worthy.

That's what the red X is for.

My respected foes list is not for those with whom I simply disagree, it's for those with whom I enjoy disagreeing.

And respect.

I don't even use the ignore button, but that's another subject.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by goosdawg
My respected foes list is not for those with whom I simply disagree, it's for those with whom I enjoy disagreeing.

And respect.

That's why the only foe I added is me

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Apparently, I'm BRILLIANT.

My Respected Foes
These are my worthy adversaries who keep me on my toes.
0 respected foes:
(no foes defined)

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I was recently named as foe by two members because of my religious views. After all this time I was beginning to wonder just what one had to do to get on someone else's foe list.

I felt like I had finally made it on this site and said a prayer to the creator in thanks.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Well, mine have all been banned or something. I used to have Foes. And I miss them terribly. Join to confront me! I say.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Well, mine have all been banned or something. I used to have Foes. And I miss them terribly. Join to confront me! I say.

OK Rant, I'm adding you to my foe list. I've never done this before so here goes......

OH CRAP, I put him on ignore.....I've never done that to anyone either, now I have to figure out how to take him off....

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

Apparently one poor soul did a mass 'foe'-ing, b/c I've rarely talked about my religious views and I got one today.

Thing is, the person who is doing it is not very discerning, b/c I happen to have 12 years of perfect attendance at Bethany Methodist and the medals to prove it.

Interestingly, some of the most insightful persons in religion are people who have gone through Seminary and realize that certain parts are not to be exposed to the 'Masses', for various reasons.

It's a kind of 'don't look too closely or you might become aware of things'.

Anyways, the person who did the mass foe-ing has never posted a word despite joining back in early 2005. They do seem to have an interesting hair cut, I'll give them that.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

Badge, we seem to frequent many of the same threads but I can't for the life of me remember if we agree or disagree most often, can you?

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jbondo

Verily, I hath made you my foe!!! Thou shalt feel the steel of my wit, and the sting of my wrath. Ah ha!! Thou art branded with the red pixels of shame....

Foe.....the word makes me recall old Robin Hood movies....forsooth!!

Gadzooks....I've made two edits....

[edit on 6-3-2008 by MrPenny]

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
This is going to sound a little arrogant, but I can assure you I don't mean it that way.

I haven't added anyone to my foe list (although some have made me their foe) simply because the people I have disagreed with, I haven't had any respect for, and it does say respected foes....

My friends list however is quite big and continues to grow.

I'd much rather have a civil discussion and disagree with a friend I have respect for than an argument with someone I don't really know, or want to.

I'm sure people feel the same way about me as well - but I don't care what "foes" think.

There's also been instances where people have put me on their foe list, seemingly out of malice or spite, because I have dared to disagree with them.

MEH, like I care.

Jbondo - we both know badge from the very good obesity thread, and I have no idea why I didn't add badge to my friends list at the time - I'll rectify that now - another member I have great respect for

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I don't use that particular feature because I often make comments that seem like I'm agreeing with somebody on a particular topic, but then I'll turn around and slam them. I don't want to be in a position where I think I have to automatically go along with friends or against enemies. A lot of topics here don't automatically make me think a particular way. I'm generally a "skeptic," but I also have some notions that are way beyond what even the most out-there folks would even consider. I like to keep my options open.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I'm only on one member's 'ignore' list, as far as I know.

We've U2U'd, but it really doesn't matter to me, much anyway.

We're such a big community ('big' meaning world-wide). BUT, as we see when there is the occasional 'blast-mail' from Admin, it ususally says it is sent to the last (X) number of members who have been online in the last 30 days. That (X) number is about 1500, give or take.

So, really, we are a fairly smaller 'family' than sometimes assumed. Perhaps we should remember that 'others' can view in, or 'lurk' as the phrase goes. Infighting is not a good thing...emotions abound, of course, but squabbles should not be 'public'...less they be mis-construed.

I see a lot of apologies, and 'burying the hatchet' online too, so that is a good thing. We can all fall into the emotion 'trap', but adults are able to say 'sorry', when appropriate, and make up!

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
What's the actual point of the entire feature? Especially since the "target" gets a U2U informing them of their new status as "foe" or "friend". In real life, I generally don't announce to people that I've decided they are on my short list. And my friends know their status right away.

Think about that for a bit...what's the sociological point of announcing to an individual that you've taken the action of making them a "foe"?

I think the feature was introduced to create some social dynamics in the forums. What do many communities consist of?.....neighborhoods...gossip...cliques. Makes for a richer experience.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny
Verily, I hath made you my foe!!! Thou shalt feel the steel of my wit, and the sting of my wrath. Ah ha!! Thou art branded with the red pixels of shame....

Foe.....the word makes me recall old Robin Hood movies....forsooth!!

Why you blankity, blankin, blank! *spit* Oooo, maybe I shouldn't have spit on my keyboard
or cleared my sinuses prior to doing it....

Anyway, you Robin Hoodin, no good, such and such! I'm gonna get you Penny, I'm gonna get you good I tell ya!

By the way, before i do actually "get you", could I borrow $50.00? I saw this cool toaster on Gizmodo and it toasts bread in the finish of a young Pee Wee Herman, you know, before he was a big time Hollywood guy.

Am I off subject...sorry.

[edit on 6-3-2008 by jbondo]

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Good enough for me my 'still a friend and not a foe' friend. I shall add Badge to my friend list as well.

new topics

top topics

join