It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Day Reagan Was Shot....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I just saw this movie....being pretty young at the time it actually happened... I'm curious, did the following #-ups really occur?

1. Not knowing where the VP was?
2. Not knowing where the football was (the case to launch the nukes)? (I remember a news story about this as well)
3. Haig screwing up the line of succession?
4. The BS story of the "med student" found in Reagan's room (i.e. coverup of 2nd assassination attempt)...
5. DefCon 3?
6. No working phones in the situation room?
7. First saying Brady was dead?
8. First Reagan is fine, then he's shot?

Sounds to me like it wasn't for Jodie Foster's sake, but more of a hit attempt, to hasten Bush Sr's New World Order...spooky, very spooky......

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
The Veep was off the net, as I remember. Tip O'Neal, the next in line, didn't take command for whatever reason, Haig, rather than let the world (Soviet Union) think nobody was at the helm, announced that he was in control.
At first we didn't know that Reagan had caught one, true enough. As far as Ronny's favorite vegatable being declared dead at first, I do not recall that. Of course, that doesn't mean it wasn't reported that way, I just don't remember.

Reagan had a report drawn up about the IRS, and was going to inform the public of the deceit, but after the wakeup call received by the Agenda, it never happened.
The NWO is not Bush's concept, he is merely a cog in that mechanism. While Reagan was not a member, most of his cabinet was filled by those who were, including Bush. Reagan was not allowed to do that which would interfere with it, no matter how badly he might have wanted to. They drove that point home via a .22 cal bullet.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   

The NWO is not Bush's concept, he is merely a cog in that mechanism. While Reagan was not a member, most of his cabinet was filled by those who were, including Bush.

That's pretty much what I was thinking....

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I have heard somewhere that the Hinckley (sp?) family and the Bush family have been long time friends. Makes you wonder.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Hinkley's brother was having dinner at the Bush house at the time of the shooting according to a Michael Moore book.

I remember it happening, I was about 12, I think.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Keep in mind, Michael Moore does not deal in fact, but twisted half-truth and fiction. I certainly have no idea about that, but I'm sure Moore doesn't either and will lie to sell his fiction books/movies.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Indeed, Thomas Crowne, that's why I added "according to a MM book".

I have read his books (well some bits of them). At first I thought he was great, but about one chapter into the first one and I realized that he does seem to, er, stretch things and emphasize things he wants you to believe.

It's when he started telling me to brush my teeth and wash my clothes every week that I thought what a complete knob-head he is.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I just saw this movie....being pretty young at the time it actually happened... I'm curious, did the following #-ups really occur?

1. Not knowing where the VP was? Correct. He was flying to Texas when it happened.
2. Not knowing where the football was (the case to launch the nukes)? (I remember a news story about this as well) Not sure
3. Haig screwing up the line of succession? That was blown out of proportion bigtime. Haig was taking charge when no one else would. When he said he was in charge - it was taken the wrong way. Richard Dreyfuss played him great in the movie.
4. The BS story of the "med student" found in Reagan's room (i.e. coverup of 2nd assassination attempt)... Unsure.
5. DefCon 3? Probably DefCon 4.
6. No working phones in the situation room? Don't know.
7. First saying Brady was dead? Possible. I don't remember.
8. First Reagan is fine, then he's shot?Correct.

Sounds to me like it wasn't for Jodie Foster's sake, but more of a hit attempt, to hasten Bush Sr's New World Order...spooky, very spooky......

I believe Bush was behind the attempt. Hinkley's brother was supposed to have dinner with Neil Bush that night. The Hinkley and Bush families are friends. The Hinkley's were also big contributors to Bush's campaigns. What are the odds? You should look into it Gazrok. It's pretty fascinating, to say the least.

[Edited on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Ok. I love insanity. What makes you think Bush was behind the attempt?

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
What basically happened is that the government was not prepared for this eventuality. Haig stood up and he said that he was in charge, even though he was about 4th on the list. The Cold War was still going on and you had to be strong. No weakness.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I recently saw this movie too and it surprised me at how they portrayed Bush as this dumbass slow mofo, was it only me that saw it that way??????

and gazrok, those 8 points you made, makes me want to build a underground shelter and hide when you think of how idiotic this government could be...very scary #...let's hope they learned from that incident and we never have to have a repeat issue in history.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
It was a very arrogant gov.'t. Nothing will touch us. Nothing touched them internationally, but at home big problems. They weren't ready to handle it.

new topics

top topics

join