It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Conspiracy to Vote Against Hillary in Primaries

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Being from Ohio, I voted early this morning in our state primary and could have voted either democratic or republican or non, just as anyone can. When I got to work I asked my republican friend if he had voted yet and he said he was going to later, but when he said HOW he was going to vote, I was surprised. He said he was going to go vote on the democratic ticket and vote against Hillary! I know republicans hate her, but that was just taking it too far. It seems that because McCain has the GOP nomination locked, he would put his vote to good use trying to keep Hillary from being nominated.

You might think this was a just a single instance, but when I did a quick search, I found he is not the only one doing this. This article says they are doing the same thing in Texas.

In Democratic primary, expect a GOP turnout

I've also noticed that the turnout for democrats has been higher, and wonder if this has something to do with it.

High Democratic Turnout Sends a Mixed Signal for November

Now this is too many people involved for it to be just a coincidence. Someone is organizing these people in my opinion. Is this why Barack has won the last 11 democratic primaries? I really don't care if Hillary or Borack are nominated, but I think voting this way doesn't reflect a true democracy. For this reason, maybe we should not be allowed to vote outside our party in the primaries. Maybe I am being naive, but I don't recall this strategy ever being used before.

I would appreciate any comment on this, but leave out any Hillary or party bashing please. Keep it cool.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Hal9000

The strategy has been common as long as primaries have been used, and there have been many calls for a ban on "raiding" the other party's ballot.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
maybe thats why here in fla. you can only vote for your party, never thought of that before, of course it doesnt matter anyway, anyone who thinks there is a true difference in the three canidates is a fool, same stuff, same international bankers and UN backings. NWO baby they got our politicans by the pocketbooks, we got the easiest to buy politicans in the world

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
In Texas the opposite happned but for different reasons.
Some Reps voted for Hillary only as a protest vote against McCain.
Others voted for her because they feel McCain has a better chance of beating Hillary than Obama.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Hal9000

It's not a surprise, when the Michigan primaries happened, there was a vote for Romney movement by one of the Dem sites, Move ON ( I think)

This was done since the Michigan delegates were not going to be seated for violating some rules of the DNC.

As a matter of fact, Obama wasn't even on the ballot because of this DNC decision.

Is it a conspiracy, I would think it is well beyond that if the respective parties can do this kind of vote manipulation out in the open and get away with it.

Now it is getting ready to become worse, should Florida & Michigan get a do over, which is being proposed.

It's all very ugly, but it is not confined to the Republicans, the Dems are just as guilty.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
well a redo aint likely here in fla. unless the Democrates pay for it, at least thats what mel martines wants. our gov. Charlie Crist doesnt really care since its rumored hell be vp if mcain wins

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
This is why many people consider it pointless to vote, or feel that their vote doesn't count, and I completely understand the attitude. They feel their time is being wasted by unnecessary bureaucracy. There are too many layers and too many games. People are sick of playing. I'm sure this is what the politicians count on.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
While Rush Limbaugh is certainly a wind bag -- has he advocated a new Republican strategy to get out the vote for Hillary? Could be pushing the crisis between popular and delgate vote --- pushing the need for reform on to the Dems.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I know of two Republicans who voted for Hillary in Texas because they dislike Barack *more*. One of the two said, "You don't know about that trick?". Honestly, I had never heard of it until Tuesday.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I don't see what the problem is here. Most people are not voting for the candidate that they really want anyways. We get to choose between the lesser of 3 evils, so does it really matter if you cross party lines to try to prevent the most evil from winning? Without ever having any real candidates, it is just a dog and pony show anyways.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Hal9000

this is no Conspiracy its called using the system to get what you want. you have the right to vote any way you chose hillary lost the election long ago when she had to loan herself 4 million dollars. she is just too proud or stupid in my oppinion to see this....

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Hal9000

You should be able to vote for who you want without any party affiliation. If you were registerd democrat but liked the republican better then you should be able to vote for them without any problems.

There should be NO Political parties if you ask me just let the people running for office campaign under their name and what they will try to do for the country.
DEMOCRAT , REPUBLICAN does not mean anything its just a category to put someone in .

Forget the electoral vote system throw it in the trash, make the popular vote count as to who the winner will be.

In reality its just the electoral votes that select who will become president in the first place and not the popular vote. Look it up , its true.

My teacher and I got into an argument over this long ago, as I said well why even vote if it does not matter. My teacher said its a duty to vote even if it does not count as to who the winner is you have to vote.
So much for that Government course .

[edit on 7-3-2008 by Nailer]

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Thanks for all the comments, but after looking more into this, I've found it is an old trick as chromatico put it. I have not heard of doing it before, but when I asked my friend if he had crossed party lines because of some information he heard, he said no, that he decided to do it himself.

I have also heard that many republicans voted FOR Hillary because they thought she would be easier for McCain to beat, so it would be hard to say that it was a republican conspiracy. Oh well.

As it turns out Hillary came out ahead here in Ohio which might surprise some, but she had endorsements from many newspapers and unions. I don't think those that jumped party lines had much of an affect here, but Texas was closer, maybe close enough that it may have been a factor.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
no, it was closer in texas because mcain is not a republican, the republicans dont want him, not that it matters, same NWO BS

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Hillary is a bitch that would tear her party apart to win,Obama is the guy getting punched,who wins in the eyes of the public, is different than the eyes of the political police.
Obama will be taken into the lockup for pushing ever so slightly back.
No race card here just he said she said!!!

Vote Pat Paulson.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I've never been a fan of Open Primaries.

It's like some outside comes into your club and starts trying to write the rules, but they are not only not a member, but they are from a rival club and have no intention of becoming a member of yours.

Would you like your party's representative chosen by you and your fellow party members or by a group of people in Outer Mongolia?

Republican candidates should be chosen by Republicans because the candidate is going to represent the Republican PARTY.

Democrat candidates should be chosen by Demorats because the candidate is going to represent the Democratic PARTY.

Once each PARTY's candidates are chosen, then there is the GENERAL election. This is when any registered voter should be able to chose whomever they'd like as their PUBLIC official. Until the general election, these candidates are only representing their PARTYS and not the general community.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
A month ago the story was that Republicans were crossing over to vote for Billary, because they couldn't wait to run against her in the general.

This new spin by the MSM smacks of strategist talking points > vis-a-vis "Poor Billary...look what those bad boys are doing to her..."

new topics

top topics

join