It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Single Event Will Bring Armageddon?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Many Christians believe we are in the "end times". I tend to agree. Taking into account you have some background in the Revelation prophecies I ask you these questions...

* What single event could unify this politically splintered, and racially segregated planet under a one-world, one-leader, unified government?

* What single event could open the doors to the world rule of the King of Terror as predicted by Nostradamus?

* What single event could explain away the disappearance of millions of Christian believers after the pre-tribulation rapture of the body of Christ?

* What single event could cause the falling away (apostasy) described in 2nd Thessalonians 2:3.

* What single event could explain what Jesus said, "Men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth..." Luke 21: 26.

* What single event could explain what Jesus said, "But as the days of Noah were so also will coming of the Son of Man be." Matthew 24: 37-39.

* What single event would promote evolution and attack the Genesis account of creation and challenge the existence of God?

* What single event could account for the sudden appearance of millions of fallen angels being cast down upon the earth after the war in heaven? Revelations 12.

* What single event could muster all of deceived mankind into fighting against God and His angels at the battle of Armageddon for Satan?

Think about it hard, what event would have the magnitude to do all this. And the scriptures are clear that all these thing will take place.

I contend that only an invasion of so called "Aliens" (fallen angels) can accomplish all of this in one single event.

(credit to pastor Chris Ward on some of the questions)

[edit on 3/4/2008 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
probably true.

Either Aliens or something paranormal like Angels and Demons walking on Earth or maybe even the dead rising.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
someone pushing a shiny red button will bring armageddon, but the religious people will scarily see a silver lining to the mushroom cloud:shk:

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

There is no single event.
It is the result of millions of small events.
The falling away of individual Christians, from the faith.
Armageddon is the war of God. Armageddon is the defense of Heaven, itself, from the assault from the enimies of God.
You are wrong about saying the Bible clearly supports your views of the future.
There is no pre-tribulation rapture. That theory is an invention, designed to destroy Chritianity.
The baddle of God, on this planet, is to intervien against the total anialation of the believers in Christ.
There would be no need for Armageddon, if they had been raptured.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Great Thread Whammy, very well constructed!

When you mentioned "single event," it is strange that the demise of the Berlin Wall came to my mind and just how quickly that transpired. It seems that perhaps when God's timing is set into motion, these things will begin to transpire as quickly as the Berlin Walls demise.

For now, we see a sign here, a sign there, but when everything that God has set forth in time, begins to take place, without a doubt, it will send the entire world into a tail spin.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Well its not rocket science is it, there are 4 scenarios, Impact by a bollide, man made event, Erth natural proces or alien activity. The most logical to go for are man made event or bollide impact simply for the fact there are myths, legends and a hsitory of such events.

But I dont see such an event as going to the next level, using two of the examples I have give could remove 99% of all life on the planet, the survivors left would have to satrt all over again. This period may be interpreted as the golden age but only from the fact that yes the would be no war, faime or pestilence but then again therewould be very few people.

All our known technology and history would soon disapear with just remnants left to make up the new myths and legends of the future. Anyone thinking they will take the knowldege we have now is highly unlikely but not immpossible. The majority are good at using techno but not inventing it. Who knows how to make metal, glass and ceramics etc. and who then could use those base materilas to make something out of them. No gas, electric, petrol, oil, no medicines, soap detergent. Just think of all the everyday items that we take for granted and who could replicate them if they had to.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jdposey

Thank you JD. It just seems to me that it's gpoing to be real hard for the Antichrist to establish a one world government without a galvanizing event. A threat from "aliens" would be perfect. Or it could be the "aliens" are not threatening us but here to help us... and tell us all of our beliefs are wrong about God etc. Either way they can set themselves up as Gods basically.

[edit on 3/5/2008 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Yes, it wouldn't surpirse me one bit. The key to the end-time is deception and if indeed it progresses like all the other signs which Christ gave, we can be certain, like a woman in labor, it will culminate to such a degree, that deecption will cause such spiritual delusion, the spiritual realm of darkness will find no problem in overcoming the willing masses.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jdposey

I agree. People act like they will know better than to take the Mark of the Beast. My theory is that people will be fighting in line to get it. For instance... a biological attack, a plague wipes out a third of the world population. So there is a massive quarantine area-, to get into the "safe zone" you have to get an implant chip so they can verify you are not a carrier of the plague. Now how many people will resist

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
Many Christians believe we are in the "end times". I tend to agree.

Me too. It is undoubted. Not going to get too much into it and I know the detractors will say people have been saying this for centuries because they just don't know. They don't know all the secrets of the prophecies and the concepts of Biblical time lines and 'ages.' They don't know what the other generations lack that we have. We're seeing all the things that were foretold while past generations only saw bits and pieces. To spare from being long winded, if you really know your prophecy, this is the time. It's close.

* What single event could unify this politically splintered, and racially segregated planet under a one-world, one-leader, unified government?

* What single event could open the doors to the world rule of the King of Terror as predicted by Nostradamus?

The battle prophesied in Ezekiel. Ezekiel named the exact coalition over 2,500 years ago for our time that we are seeing today. He named off the countries by name and what their roles are. It is coming to pass to the letter with what he said and how. When the coalition attacks Israel, this will be the war that brings in the ruler and one world government. Just watch.

And if the rapture happens, this will remove the true Christians who would know better to see what is going on. The opposition would be removed in an instant. So, if the Ezekiel war doesn't do it, the rapture will (if it happens the way I believe it to be, and that is pretribulation). We are told once the restrainer is taken out of the way, it will begin. We believe the restrainer is spirit filled Christians.

* What single event could explain away the disappearance of millions of Christian believers after the pre-tribulation rapture of the body of Christ?

Many possibilities. If it happens, I feel there will be numerous explanations offered to appeal to different crowds. The sci-fi crowd might believe the alien abduction angle, the new agers will believe those taken will have either been removed to allow us to progress to the next stage of 'evolutionary enlightenment' or that those taken will have already been 'pure enough' to 'ascend' while those left behind still have to earn it, or the scientific crowd may think something was genetically wrong with our DNA that made us 'vaporize.' There could be many different ways to explain this.

* What single event could cause the falling away (apostasy) described in 2nd Thessalonians 2:3.

I have many, many theories on this but will keep silent for now as to not make this so cumbersome. To keep it simple, the falling away could be religious mergers and something to do with the great deception to come.

* What single event could explain what Jesus said, "Men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth..." Luke 21: 26.

The arrival of 'aliens' could be a good one or the terrors of natural disasters. Of course, I do not believe they will actually be extraterrestrials.

* What single event could explain what Jesus said, "But as the days of Noah were so also will coming of the Son of Man be." Matthew 24: 37-39.

You already know how I feel about this one.
It means many things!

* What single event would promote evolution and attack the Genesis account of creation and challenge the existence of God?

Not sure what you mean. It's already being done!
Oh, and this was prophesied, too. We are told at the end people would declare a 'false science' and would reject the creation of the world by God and that the flood occurred. Hello!

* What single event could account for the sudden appearance of millions of fallen angels being cast down upon the earth after the war in heaven? Revelations 12.

'Alien' invasion.

* What single event could muster all of deceived mankind into fighting against God and His angels at the battle of Armageddon for Satan?

Men are typically programmed to see everything as a battle between 'good and evil.' Not between good and good or evil and evil. If they believe the Satan is the good, they will automatically assume God is the bad.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Food shortages

N/A

They won't disappear, they will drop dead. This is what scripture supports.

The War in Heaven.

Comet impact.

It's just that life is going to be going on as usual, when he returns.

I honestly can't think of one.

What makes you think we would see them? I can't see a fallen angel resurrecting into the flesh. That's whey there is an anti-christ. His power is given to him, by the beasts spirit. If the beast could do it on his own, there would be no need for the anti-christ.

It could be as simple, as governments telling people that we are about to be invaded by an alien force, uniting everyone, but in reality it's Jesus who is returning. Most people would go along with their governments out of shear fear.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Alien invasion -all by itself- would do everything on the list.

but I like the idea to respond to each.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Big, I posted a response, have you chosen to ignore it, or does my answer not fit in will your incorrect religeous views?

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
I see you guys responding to each question separately.

Ah, sorry. Didn't know you were looking for one answer, Hon.

Well, this depends. Are you using the term Armageddon to mean the same as the Apocalypse?

If you mean the literal battle of Armageddon, then it will be due to a massive war between the Antichrist's army and 'the kings of the East' over a battle for Jerusalem.

If you mean the Apocalypse, as in the tribulation, then we are specifically told the seven year clock starts ticking at the signing of the peace treaty.

If you mean when things start shaking up and reach the point of no return, then it will either be the rapture (possible), the Ezekiel war (most likely), or 'alien' contact (possible but this would most likely happen during the tribulation and not before if it happens at all).

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I guess I could've worded it better. Your responses were great...

My point was really that the only thing I can come up with that could set all of that in motion is an "alien" invasion. That one thing staged by Satan could do it all in one fell swoop.

Actually it's a great idea to repond like that, I just didn't think of it
That's the beauty of threads they sort of (oh no I might say it) evolve

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Wammy is that what you dream of an alien invasion, your god coming down on a silver cloud.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

Sorry I`really didn't understand you post that well.``...

Well its not rocket science is it, there are 4 scenarios, Impact by a bollide, man made event, Erth natural proces or alien activity. The most logical to go for are man made event or bollide impact simply for the fact there are myths, legends and a hsitory of such events.

What's a bollide?

What man made event could do all those things (including angels cast to earth is a problem) ?
I can't see it..

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

The book of revelations has all these events occurring as the great end times deception of Satan. It just seems to me that a staged "alien invasion" would accomplish it all.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Whammy a bollide can be a meteor, comet, or astoroid, Planet Earth is full of scars from such events and if it was shed of vegetation and seas the surface of the Earth would resemble the Moon. As the Earth is covered mostly with water such an impact would probally hit the seas, the results of a ten kilometer wide bollide strike would be tidal waves miles high complete global earth quake and volcanic activity etc. Most of humanity and life would disapear within weeks.

There are myths and legends of ancient man having the power to destroy himself, today we have nukes chemical and bilogical weapons, the use of any or all three of those could easily upset the Earths fragile eco system resulting in global kill off of 99% of all life forms.

Such events are recorded in our history, its up to us if we believe it or not but one thing for shure is that we are living on the surface of an unstable terra forming planet that goes through regular cycles and change irrespective of our presence or actions.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Not sure what you mean. It's already being done! Oh, and this was prophesied, too. We are told at the end people would declare a 'false science' and would reject the creation of the world by God and that the flood occurred. Hello!

I agree. My theory..
It is being done to set the stage for the final blow.

Which is people being convinced that these fallen angels are highly evolved extra terrestrials. They will put themselves up as the pinnacle of evolution. And then dispense with God altogether.. declaring themselves God.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join