It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a little strange don't you think

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Just a couple of days ago we were talking to Gazrok about him losing his job and I found out today that I am losing my job.

I am a contractor and my contracting company called me today and said that my final day was going to be March 5, 2004 due to cut backs. It boils down to the call volume here at the help desk is super low and they can't justify a Contractor anymore. Well I understand the business move but this really sucks for me.

What is really scary is I have been searching for another job for going on two months now and have not gotten a bite.

This is how you want to start off a marriage, married January the 8th and with the purchase of a new home December 18th. Life is great.
:bnghd::bash:

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I just read beergoggles blog and he recently lost his job too. I'm certain things will work out for you guys! Just keep your chin up & roll with the punches. Good luck to you!

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Best of luck, Blackjackal. But it is the economy; it sucks. With all of the restructuring because of Pfizer's takeover of Pharmacia and the future takeover of Merk, my whole department thinks that we only have 8 months left at the most. Guess I will be out there hitting the pavement with you.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Can you collect unemployment?

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Wow - this sucks. I am extremely disturbed by this wave off layoffs and firings I am seeing happening to my ATS cronnies. Jackel - know this. Karma will bring something better your way for sure. You are a good man and skilled. Time to turn up the job propaganda machine up to level ten. Be the Joseph Gerbles of all job hunters my friend. Spend as much time online in your remaining time blasting out resumes and shmoozing recruitment agencies.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Venus
Can you collect unemployment?

No, since I am a contractor I cannot.

Thank You all for your kind words, I am currently in the process of blasting resumes to the four corners of the world.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   
man that's rough... i almost know how you feel though. i've been looking for a job for that couple months and i've gotten jack. just go with what you've got and keep looking man. best of luck, and congrats on the marriage

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
My sympathies go out to you. It is a sad coincidence.
:shk:

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Im in the same boat man. I moved to this city (NYC) to find a great job and cant find one. Im college educated and have done my internships and freelance jobs but I cant find anything steady. Im a TV/ film guy but cant find the connections. But keep hope alive, good things happen. If you're ever in the city I'll buy you a beer. Good luck.

JON

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
yo Black I went through the same thing but with a twist, I had a 2 year old and one on the way and was laid off a week before Christmas with about 5 k in bills do. That was 6 years ago. You might want to go the route I did asjust your profession. I went from Graphic Design to Pre-Press Mac Operator at a printing company. I dont know if there are any overlapping job skills in your profession but give it a try. Also I did grunt work for various temp agencies just to pay the bills. They give you time to find a job you like.

Best of Luck and congrats on the marriage

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Hit this place up www.workzoo.com...

top topics

join