It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you get the sense that certain entities teach you while you dream?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
The title says most of it. I've had a number of dreams where people either 'show' or 'reveal' information to me. For example...

A few nights ago I had a dream I was sitting at a small, wooden table in a dark room. There was a familiar (in the sense that I knew her, but did not know who she was) woman seated across the table from me. The first thing I can 'remember' is being seated at the table with a bunch of playing cards strewn about.

[Now, I have many fully lucid dreams, and then I have those where I'm only lucid for 30 secs or a few min. I became lucid after already having been seated with the cards in front of me.]

I was trying to draw the card she had pre-chosen from the table. I believe it was a 2 of diamonds. I would randomly pick the card up and show her with a 'voila!' Only to discover I was wrong, at least 10 or 15 times in a row. I couldn't understand why my 'ability' (which I don't believe i possess in real life) wasn't working.

Then I did something different. Instead of trying to show or prove my ability to her by finding her card. I would pick up a face down card and then tell her what it would be. I gently grab the card and slide it around the table, with one end slightly up. The moment I touched the card I received an image of what it would be, but still couldn't see it. I would then tell her what the card was and then show it to her. I was right each time (at least 5 times, though I can only remember the cards 6D, QS, and KC). I was surprised at first but became very confident at the end.

I remember nothing before or after that dream. I even tried to sustain my lucidity, as I normally would, but felt completely unallowed to gain that level of control.

During and after the experience I completely felt like I was being taught a lesson. I've experienced this before but always with the same male guardian (that's just the name I've given 'him').

This particular example is the most basic, or easiest for me to interpret. Everything with the guardian had been very abstract or blatantly symbolic. I've written down a number of the symbols and information he 'gave' me but I've never been able to match them to anything.

Unless anyone recognizes a equilateral triangle with three equal circles underneath it. Something like this, with the asterisks being circles.

___/\
__/__\
_/____\
_* _* _*

[ugh, that sucks, should have just used paint, but i suppose it's not hard to imagine a triangle with circles underneath it, consider the 'pic' for the imaginatively impaired only]

This was the symbol I figured I would find one day, because it's so simple, but I haven't seen it anywhere. I'll explain more on that if anyone really cares, but the thread is more about being shown or taught something. But if it will help I have nothing to hide, ha, or rather, I don't fear being labeled a little crazy. Have a good one.

[edit on 2-3-2008 by Parabol]

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Yes some entities influence you when you dream, but keep in mind, that not all entities are influencing you for the sake of YOU. Some have another agenda in mind, some want to teach you false things, and then there are some who just pump fear into us. They get off at it, ever heard of a NIGHTMARE.

But that aside there are good spirits helping us out, showing us visions of the future, or past, even the present. Some showing us a glimpse into a past life. Some just want to talk to you. Remember we knew a ton of people before incarnating, so it is not that strange to think spirits just want to talk, when we are dreaming.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Parabol

That dream you had, was probably your guide telling you to trust your instincts, and instead of trying to prove to her, just let it flow.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by darcon

I think you are right. I'm always a bit torn on what to believe as far as this sort of paranormal thing goes. I'm very open minded, but I also seek reason, evidence, and logic. What I have tried to adopt is the mindset that I'm not special, therefore I have no need to prove to others that I am. My traits and accomplishments are the result of my choice, behavior, and effort. The odd thing is that, even in the search to improve myself through this thought process, there is the temptation to flaunt this as a means for superiority. The 'ego' is difficult to quiet, but the more I let him know I'm watching the easier it is to override.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
On the same sort of note, I had a dream last week that I actually remember. I rarely remember any but this was so vivid and it was short.

I was standing before a large schematic, of I really don't know what. It was dark blue or black ink on white, placed on a large flat surface, table height, I guess. But it was maybe 12x14 feet...I'm guessing based on the room I'm sitting in now. And I remember "knowing" that I completely understood what I was looking at. I feel as though there was someone with me who was showing this to me but they were not in my field of vision.

And to further explain, THERE IS NO WAY I WOULD UNDERSTAND THIS AWAKE WITH MY CONSCIOUS MIND! I am not educated with any engineering skills. And the memory of this dream has stayed with me as it was so amazing. So that's it. I can't explain it.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I was just discussing this with a friend last night, as I've recently been having dreams of an "instructive" nature, though mine were usually more comical--an old man keeps giving me relationship and body language advice in dreams. It's really weird, but quite funny, because I wake up and think how terribly awkward it is for some 70 yo man to be telling me how to avoid getting into sticky situations with men, or whatever, but then I realize just how good and accurate his advice is, and I make use of it.

On the other hand, I have had dreams where someone revealed something to me that completely startled me, to the point that it would wake me up. They were always funny, anomalous little things, that make no sense except in the metaphorical realm, but I... well, on the one hand, my most skeptical side says it is only the subconscious mind revealing things we already know (look inside yourself, trust your instincts, open your eyes and think laterally), but on the other hand, who can really, definitively say?

top topics

join