It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So deprest that it sucks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
for some reason im deprest for like 2 hours at a time then im happy for like 10 mins. and now i think my gf doesnt like me for but like wtf am i sapoused to do about it annoys the living snot out ov me like some days i just want to walk out in front ov a car.
but idk what to do any more

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 3/1/08 by FredT]

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
ASk Jesus to forgive you and help you, (even if someone has treated you very badly.)
He will be there with you.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by True Candian

How old are you?

Hormones can create a lot of mood shifts. You stated GF so I figure you are a guy... testosterone is very interesting in adolescent males and can create issues post adolescence, up until the age of 20 years.

Depression is also the inability to feel.

It can stem from having so many emotions going all at once, it is difficult to understand which one is paramount, so hence depression surfaces.

Maybe you need to vent, talk about things in order to sift through your thoughts and emotions.

all the best

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
When things are going bad, take a step back and re evaluate were you are and what you are doing.
If you feel like you are in over your head get help from a profesional.
If you feel like this is just a rough sport then I suggest you take some time for yourself. Go on a vacation, go take a sauna, go for a walk, go watch a sunset, you get what I am saying.
Make a list of the things you are thankful for. Put your priorities in order to know what you want and most importantly what you need.
You can get through this.

Skip

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
you obviously have some things going on in your life that you are having trouble coping with...

This is perfectly normal, regardless of your age

don't ask jesus for anything, you're not going to get a responce....Figure out what's wrong and fix the problem....all your problems start with YOU man

man up and figure things out

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
If this depression has been going on for a while, (more than a week) and nothing specific happened to cause it, (like a fight with someone, losing a job, or failing a class, etc) talk to the most responsible person you know about it. A school counselor, or a really switched on friend, or neighbor you trust, an understanding parent if you have one, any one. But tell SOMEone whats happening.

Even though what someone else said is true, that hormone swings in adolescence can cause these kinds of feelings, that doesnt mean that they will go away on their own. Sometimes once you fall into depression, you need help getting back out.

Depression can also make you misinterpret things, so it is possible that things with your girlfriend will get better once you are less depressed. It is hard for someone who ISNT depressed to understand, and she may just be picking up a vibe off you that she doesnt understand and it is making her act weird. Dont worry too much about that until you get yourself right.

If you are religious, and want to call on some God to help you, that cant hurt, but please make sure you talk to someone who knows you, is responsible, and you trust as well.

And try not to let your thoughts carry you away. When you catch yourself thinking about the things that are bothering you, give them a minute of your consideration, but dont let yourself dwell on them. Look around you, and find something, ANYTHING positive, a pet you like, a cloud, whatever, and think about that for a minute to balance your thinking. Even if you have to catch yourself like that a hundred times a day. It isnt to make you repress your feelings, but to bring in a little balance. Even when things are bad there is some good to be found somewhere, and it helps you remember that when you are feeling as awful as you are. Depression can make your mind go around in circles thinking about the same bad stuff over and over, so try to break the cycle whenever you notice it.

And whatever you do, dont assume no one cares. Some people may not understand, and they may sort of blow it off, but that is ignorance, not really that they dont care. Find someone who understands. Good luck. And this will pass. No matter how bad it feels right now, it is temporary, and you will feel better eventually.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Think OUTSIDE yourself!

No need for Jesus to tell you telepathically that he loves you.

Life is the journey.

Become enlightened!

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by IMAdamnALIEN

That's not true!
Jesus WANTS to talk to us and the only thing keeping him from it is our sin!
When he does get in touch with you it's better than if the president or Lotto calls you!
I've been in the dark pit of depression, and overcame it ONLY through Jesus.
I tried EVERYTHING else I could find.
Therapy, medicine, and lots of other stuff.

Here are some pertinent scriptures;

1 Peter 4:12 - Dear Friends, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you.

1 Peter 4:13 - But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed

1 Peter 5:7 - Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

Deuteronomy 31:8 - The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.

Isaiah 35:10 - And the ransomed of the Lord will return. They will enter Zion with singing; everlasting joy will crown their heads. Gladness and joy will overtake them, and sorrow and sighing will flee away

James 4:8 - Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.

James 4:10 - Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.

Psalm 126:5 - Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy.

Psalm 34:18 - The Lord is close to the broken-hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

Romans 15:13 - May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
True, go read Lightseekers My Beautiful Daughters Thread, it may inspire you.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
thank you ppl for hearing me out it helps me alot and yes im trying to get some one to talk to to get all this damn weight off my shoulders. i already went through this and just gets harder and harder but it rlly helps me when u say this to make me feel better. but im not religois is any way so for the ppl who told me to talk to jesus plz dont tell me to because i dont belive in that type ov stuff. but agian thank you for helping me this rant stuff rlly does help if ur looking for it.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
religion never helped me in a rut, the only thing that ever helped me was hard times.

You may hate your depression now, but it will most likely pass - and for me, I use my memories of depression to help cheer me up now.

Unfortunately, the only advice I can give other than reading a few select books, would involve something against the rules on this forum

One place to start would be a book called "The Spirit Molecule." nuff said.

join