It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonic Temple Photos - Identification?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I used to work in a hotel in central London which had a Masonic temple in the basement (to attract Masons to eat and pay for it) and also had the distinctive black and white chequered pattern on our floor tiles.

Anyway, before I left there, I took some photographs, though I wasn't sure whether I was supposed to or not!

What I was wondering is what the symbols on a big white block of a triangle inside a circle and letters saying SKI HKT HAET were all about?

I thought someone here might know. The photos are:

here

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Are you sure the last word is haet. to me it looks like just HAE which i think could possibly be latin the way the a and e are close together like that. Ive been searching the net for a translation but with no luck so far.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Ok i found something. Its actually SKI HKT HAB. it could refer to the 3 original grand masters. here are the links I found.

www.royalarchmasonsalberta.com... ee-tracing%20board.pdf

www.unics.uni-hannover.de...
http ://books.google.ca/books?id=ZNqHhWjkp34C&pg=PA34&lpg=PA34&dq=SKI+HKT+HAB&source=web&ots=P_53g04o9m&sig=ZBB0X0iWett-8s68kiBTTdRNqA8&hl=en

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Siabra

Liverpool Street by any chance? QBSneak000 is quite correct, it does refer to the "original Grand Masters" and the double cube itself is used in the Royal Arch ceremony rather than Craft Masonry.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
The abbreviations on the picture are:
SKI = Solomon King of Israel
HAB = Hiram A Bif
HKT = Hiram King of Tyre

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Cool, thank you all very much, thats been puzzling me for ages!

Trinityman,
Its in a hotel in Bloomsbury, actually. Down in a conference room we had a movable temple - I had to learn how to set it up for our visitors. Though it gave some of the staff the creeps.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
The triangle within a circle is part of the sacred geometry of the Order.

If one continues the pattern outward the next symbol would be a pentagon, followed by another circle. The next symbol would be a seven sided polygon, again with another circle outside. The last polygon would be nine sided and it would also be surrounded by a circle.

There is a symbol that should lie within the triangle. The Order identifies that symbol with the Tetragrammaton, the four Hebrew letters that spell God's name. The four letters are YHWH. This name is usually spelled out as Yahweh. In english the name is spelled out as Jehovah.

You'll see this trianglar symbol on the back of the US one dollar bill. Instead of having the Tetragrammaton in the middle, the artists put an eye in its place.

Jim Henson also used this Masonic symbol in his movie called The Dark Crystal. This symbol might be tied into a planetary great conjunction soon to come.
This movie is banned in the middle east, probably because of this symbol.

lavender.fortunecity.com...

By the way, The Dark Crystal sequel is coming out around 2009.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Right! There are another Freemason/Rosicrucian symbols in Dark Crystal. Can you identify them?

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by QBSneak000

Solomon, King of Israel
Hiram, King of Tyre
Hiram Abiff

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Text Blackreply to post by Siabra

SKI - HKT - HAB ARE SIMPLY ABBREVIATIONS OF SOLOMON KING OF ISRAEL, HIRAM KING OF TYRE AND HIRAM ABIFF - THREE GRAND OFFICERS OF FREEMASONRY. HOPE THIS ASSISTS YOU!
REGARDS

STEVE RAMSGATE :up

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
This is a great post, but I fear you will toil all for not.

First off... You should not have taken those pictures. But that you did, don't worry, you could spend your life trying to unlock it all and not be successful.

Secondly, those who know won't tell. And if they do, are they telling the truth?

The Masons have a code of ethics. I have had many VERY good friends who were Masons and asked them about this or that and they'd just smile.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Jkd Up

Whats wrong with taking the pictures? If its a public place then there should be no problem. And if it was a private place then I suppose they should have made a better effort to keep people from entering.

[edit on 5-12-2008 by QBSneak000]

[edit on 5-12-2008 by QBSneak000]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Nothing is exactly wrong... But someone might be offended. This is where they worship and though there are pictures of Temples, they were given permission to take them.

It's kinda like if someone took pics of your grandma changing without her knowing...

Like I said, no harm if no foul. But it's complex symbol upon complex symbol. Good luck with the decyphering. There are a few Masonic books about symbolism Type in masonic and symbol on Amazon.com

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I suppose I can see it that way although I have taken lots of pictures of places of worship of many different religions and cultures and none of them have ever had a problem with it. In fact they were more than pleased that someone would be interested in their ways.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by QBSneak000

Solomon, King of Israel
Hiram, King of Tyre
Hiram Abiff

273 = HAB = Hiram Abiff = Ch V R M A B I V
640 = HKT = Hiram, King of Tyre = Ch V R M M L K Tz V R
465 = SKI = King Solomon = M L K sh L M H
1378 = 273 + 640 + 465

(1+2+3+4+ … +52 = 1378)

www.crystalinks.com... (1378)

[edit on 5-12-2008 by hawk123]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jkd Up
This is where they worship...

No worship occurs in a Masonic Temple, although I understand the confusion.

and though there are pictures of Temples, they were given permission to take them.

Ours is constantly open for the public, as a matter of fact our public installation occurs in two weeks and pictures are encouraged.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Siabra

Just popping in: When I viewed the photo and saw those series of letters, the first impression I got was that they are 'Jewish' in origin. I don't know much about anything 'Masonic' or anything 'Jewish' but still learning as I read further into the threads and similar ones, too.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
reply to post by Siabra

Just popping in: When I viewed the photo and saw those series of letters, the first impression I got was that they are 'Jewish' in origin. I don't know much about anything 'Masonic' or anything 'Jewish' but still learning as I read further into the threads and similar ones, too.

The same numeration of Hiram Abiff is: AVR GNVZ - aur ganuz - Hidden Light = 273

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
273 = Hiram Abiff = Ch V R M A B I V
640 = Hiram, King of Tyre = Ch V R M M L K Tz V R
465 = King Solomon = M L K sh L M H

1378 = Total

See the following Book on the details of 1378.
"The True and Invisible Rosicrucian Order" and search 1378.
books.google.com...

new topics

top topics

join