It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SOUND-OFF, Waterboarding...Yes or No?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
It's time to phone in and "SOUND-Off" to this question?
"Waterboarding...Yes or No?"

Please do not post your thoughts here on this thread.. they will be rejected, we will only accept recorded messages for this SOUND-OFF.

According to a recent article a Company used waterboarding to motivate workers.
A supervisor at a motivational coaching business in Provo is accused of waterboarding an employee in front of his sales team to demonstrate that they should work as hard on sales as the employee had worked to breathe.
In a lawsuit filed last month, former Prosper, Inc. salesman Chad Hudgens alleges his managers also allowed the supervisor to draw mustaches on employees' faces, take away their chairs and beat on their desks with a wooden paddle "because it resulted in increased revenues for the company."
Prosper president Dave Ellis responded that the allegations amount to "sensationalized" versions of events that have gone uncorroborated by Hudgens' former coworkers.
"They just roll their eyes and say, 'This is ridiculous . . . That's not how it went down,' " Ellis said.
The suit claims that Hudgens' team leader, Joshua Christopherson, asked for volunteers in May for "a new motivational exercise," which he did not describe. Hudgens, who was 26 at the time, volunteered in order to "prove his loyalty and determination," the suit claims.
Christopherson led the sales team to the top of a hill near the office and told Hudgens to lie down with his head downhill, the suit claims. Christopherson then told the rest of the team to hold Hudgens by the arms and legs.
Christopherson poured water from a gallon jug over Hudgens' mouth and nostrils - like the interrogation strategy known as "waterboarding" - and told the team members to hold Hudgens down as he struggled, the suit alleges.
"At the conclusion of his abusive demonstration, Christopherson told the team that he wanted them to work as hard on making sales as Chad had worked to breathe while he was being waterboarded," the suit alleges.

So we want to hear what you think by calling our TOLL-FREE number and leaving a recorded message (DO NOT POST HERE AS IT WILL BE IGNORED ONLY RECORDED MESSAGES WILL BE ACCEPTED).

The call is "FREE" and the Toll-free number is;
1 - 8 7 7 - 4 1 7 - 2 2 0 4
and leaving a message is as easy as one-two-three

(1) [CALLER announces that this is for the "Sound-Off" segment] "Sound-Off- WaterBoarding...Yes or No?"

(2) [CALLER announces his/her members name] "My name is Semper Fortis.. My name is Mary Lou Retinour"

(3) [CALLER begins their recorded "Sound-Off on the subject] "I think it's stupid to waterboard..." or "I think it's a good thing.... (These are just examples, please in your own words share your thoughts).

You can if you so prefer.. send us a mp3 of decent quality of at least 128k to this email address: dave_and_johnny@mail2worldDOTcom. Replace the word DOT with a real "." and please be sure to send me a U2U if you do decide to send a mp3 clip in.

You can use up to 45 seconds to say whats on your mind (but please, not any longer). If you make a mistake.. DO NOT HANG-UP AND REDIAL.. just stay on the phone and start over with steps 1, 2, 3...

It's that easy.. AGAIN.. do not post your thoughts here.. we only will accept recorded messages.. and remember.. the CALL IS FREE... 1-877-417-2204

This is very exciting and we look forward to your participation..

CURRENT & PAST LINKS ON THE SUBJECT OF WATERBOARDING

Company used waterboarding to motivate workers

Motivational Coaching Company Accused of Waterboarding an Employee

Waterboarding should be prosecuted as Torture: U.N.

Johnny

[edit on 3/2/2008 by Dave Rabbit]

[edit on 2-3-2008 by JohnnyAnonymous]

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Since the toll free number is only available in parts of North America could you provide an email address where ATS members can send sound bits to ?

[edit on 2-3-2008 by JohnnyAnonymous]

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Certainly, please be sure to send me a U2U if you do decide to send a mp3 clip in.

dave_and_johnny@mail2worldDOTcom (replace the word DOT wit a real "." )

Johnny

join