It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Emma hits Germany and Austria, death Toll increasing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Hurricane Emma hits Germany and Austria, death Toll increasing

www.weather.com

At least nine people have lost their lives in Austria, Germany and the Czech Republic as Hurricane Emma struck central Europe.

One of Germany's high speed trains was taken out of action and several rail lines were closed as winds reached 190 kilometres an hour. Three people died in Germany.

In some areas, heavy rainfall caused flooding as well.

In Austria the death toll reached four, including two German tourists, with at least two of the people killed by trees blown down by high winds.www.liveleak.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
This strom is significant because last year europe got smacked hard by another huricane, doing much worse. Seems europe can look foward to these reaccuring

www.weather.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by UnitedSatesofFreemasons

For some reason I still cannot imagine a Hurricane in Europe, especially central Europe..

Just doesn't seem normal.. it would be like Ohio getting hit by a hurricane from the Lakes..

Which ironically happened once..

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I agree and consider felix last year which was much worse

Hurricane Felix came ashore on Tuesday morning in northeast Nicaragua, near Punta Gorda, as a category five storm. Hurricane warnings have also been issued for eastern Honduras. Church World Service is maintaining contact with partners the Council of Evangelical Churches for a Denominational Alliance (CEPAD), in Nicaragua, and the Christian Commission for Development (CCD), in Honduras, to assess needs in the wake of the storm.

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

well I can imagine it cause its crossing over my city at the moment .. not to funny outside :/

edit : for the sake of a meaningfull post one more line about hurricanes beeing a bad thing

[edit on 1-3-2008 by Thill]

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thill
reply to post by Rockpuck

edit : for the sake of a meaningfull post one more line about hurricanes beeing a bad thing

[edit on 1-3-2008 by Thill]

What do you mean?

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Hadn't seen anything about this on the news. Just talking to my Ma on the East Coast of England and she was telling me of the howling gales all last night.
It was the same here in Hertfordshire too with very strong winds all night.

Have to look up the weather pages for info on this.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Still didn't see anything stating it was a hurricane. The temps are too low and I don't see the classic shape of one. Not saying it's not a bad storm, just not a hurricane as far as I can tell. The title is misleading, provide proof of the naming of this storm by metorologists. Maybe Europeans label any very strong storm a hurricane, do they?

Hmm.... that seems to be the case

Euro windstorms

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by UnitedSatesofFreemasons

For some reason I still cannot imagine a Hurricane in Europe, especially central Europe..

Just doesn't seem normal.. it would be like Ohio getting hit by a hurricane from the Lakes..

Which ironically happened once..

It´s not a Hurricane it´s just a storm with 110-130 km/h, nothing more nothing less.

greetings from germany.

chris

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
yeh no hurricane at all

it was very windy and around 3 in the morning it started to thunder and lightning struck several times near us but thats all that happened

we live 500m from the fire brigade and not once did they get called out for an emergency so all was well

edit: for reference, we live in the osnabrück/bielefeld area

[edit on 1-3-2008 by Fett Pinkus]

new topics

top topics

join