It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Montel Williams Kicked Off the Air for Criticizing Fox News?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Was Montel Williams Kicked Off the Air for Criticizing Fox News?

Montel's 17-year-old show was canceled three days after he took Fox to task for overlooking troop casualties in Iraq. Coincidence? I think not. -- Manila Ryce, The Largest Minority

Here's a link to a blog about Montel Williams's appearance on Fox News: www.alternet.org...

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Then, just 4 days after he insulted Fox News by insisting that they support the troops and give them more coverage, a number of stations owned by Fox decided against renewing his show for another year. It was a rather heavy-handed punishment even Sylvia Brown didn't see coming

Link

LOL...I like the Sylvia Browne reference...I wonder if she did see that one coming! I'm glad Montel spoke out without fear of the consequences. If more people in his position spoke out there wouldn't be so many things pushed under the rug.

Michelle

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Well, there goes Silvia! She's got no other place to go from there.

As far as Montel, this is news to me and of course its retribution. How dare anyone speak out against the government's own FAUX.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I might not have agreed with everything that Montel Williams stood for, but he does deserve credit for having called Fox News out for not supporting the troops enough. It's a shame that they had to cancel his show the way they did. Maybe we should all write and call to the Fox News Centers and ask that they put his show back on the air. If enough of us do that, they may very well do just that.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I appreciate all of you, and I enjoyed reading the replies in this topic/forum-thread. Thanks for your opinions & kindness, folks. I apologize for not posting the correct video, in my original message on this topic:

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   
You can believe that if this is true the whole world will hear it from Montel himself! He is very outspoken, not afraid to speak truth or suffer the consequences of such.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I know what you mean. He does seem to be very outspoken. I appreciate your contribution, as well as his work.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Way to go Montel. I am sure he will be back sooner or later, and after the economy fails and all those Fox News anchors are without jobs, Montel will be there to report on it.

new topics

top topics

join