It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If aliens were revealed and had a planet to immigrate to, would you go?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Sometimes I wish I could talk to (decent) aliens because I'd like to explore the universe. Given some of the problems we have here, the idea of going to a new world is intriguing, too.

With populations on Earth, something is going to have to give or our planet will die. The environment is already suffering a lot of damage.

A new planet would be an ideal solution to this problem.

So, if aliens were revealed, and they had a handy planet suitable for human colonisation, would you go?

Would you trust the aliens enough, or would you suspect they're luring you off for purposes of their own (slavery, murder, experimentation, etc.)?

What impact would an exodus from Earth cause to our planet?

Does the government keep this quiet so we WON'T all leave and destroy the economy?

Can you envision a scenario where this could occur successfully?

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

if aliens were revealed, and they had a handy planet suitable for human colonisation, would you go?

I definitely would like to visit their world. But I don't think I would move there unless the earth was beyond repair.

Would you trust the aliens enough, or would you suspect they're luring you off for purposes of their own (slavery, murder, experimentation, etc.)?

As much as I trust a fellow human being to not do that to me

What impact would an exodus from Earth cause to our planet?

Either the earth would start to repair itself or become a desolate wasteland.

Does the government keep this quiet so we WON'T all leave and destroy the economy?

If it was the case most likely they would keep quiet if they felt they would be a mass exodus from earth.

Can you envision a scenario where this could occur successfully?

It would be a very slim chance of this scenario going smoothly. Firstly the aliens would need to be okay of letting us go to their planet to use their resources, secondly if the government felt that everyone is going to leave they would try to prevent it as I stated above.

Personally though I think we should try to save the planet where on right now before we start to think about going anywhere else in the universe, because it is not just the human race that will die out by mistreating the earth, but all the other creatures on this planet as well.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
When I saw your question, my automatic response was HELL YES!!! lol. I watch scifi and LOVE stargate so its a moot point with me, I AM GONE BABY!!!

Beyond that I could care less what the impact was on the rest of the planet, I'm gone what do I care??? I would miss some things I'm sure but, chance of a lifetime? Hello! Of course my family would come, the kids grandparents would have to come cuz gramma would be pissed if she couldn't see her boys.

Although I would have to admit I would need reassurances from the Aliens that the book they carry around "To Serve Man" wasn't, you know, a cookbook...damn science fiction. Really would be a dream come true, since childhood dreams of the stars. Great thread!!!

And of course I would want a window seat because I aint missin' a space ride! They would have to knock me out because me and the kids would be whoopin and hollerin! And I would have to do some sort of Capt. Kirk improv. Heehee makes me all tingly thinkin about it!

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Springheel Jack

That's my reaction to the idea, too. I must have the novelty gene, and I need to explore and see new things. There isn't much of that left in the world.

And there's something so adventurous about colonising a new planet! I think it would be pretty exciting.

I would worry about motives, and I probably wouldn't stop until I got to the planet in question safe and sound.

I still have to wonder if the government would put a stop to it, though.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
No, I can't leave home. This is home.

In the soul sense, the universe is our home. In the afterlife, in the higher planes etc. we are allowed to go anywhere we want.

But in this dimension, in this reality, this physical planet is extremely important. It's our home. It has a soul. We can't abandon it.

Even though as a species we are technologically maturing etc. we are still children... children of the Earth. And it's not natural for children to leave their mother. It would be hard for us no matter how awesome the alien planet seemed.

This Earth will never be 'beyond repair'. It will fix itself. And probably clean us off in the process. And that's the way it should be. When the Yellowstone Volcano pops and we are all extinguished, and the planet goes into nuclear winter and starts to repair itself: our souls will be zipping around the Universe and we can visit all the alien planets we want.

Either way, we need to stay home. Any advanced civilization would tell us the same thing. The Earth is incredibly important. We are lucky to have the option to live here, even if we have to observe the destruction of the earth (rebirth) we are lucky...

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
No I wouldn't, Maybe it's fear talking but unless we had been in open dialouge with the for a long time I would find it hard to trust any being (human, alien, Interdimentional) that I didn't know them and there agendas well.

Plus I love earth. I feel so at home in the north woods. no mater how bad it got I'd want to stay to try to help the planet.

[edit on 28-2-2008 by Squiddypuff]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I would do it for a set amount of time, perhaps an "exchange program." An alien from their planet would be welcome to live in my house and go to work in my place :-) while I explore their planet for a year or so.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
It is 1962.
Aliens appear, with just this purpose in mind: To help mankind. Or is it for something more sinister?

To Serve Man

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   

This Earth will never be 'beyond repair'. It will fix itself. And probably clean us off in the process. And that's the way it should be. When the Yellowstone Volcano pops and we are all extinguished, and the planet goes into nuclear winter and starts to repair itself: our souls will be zipping around the Universe and we can visit all the alien planets we want.[quote/]

No doubt this will be the case. Still, we should be trying to amend our wrongs on this planet. I know it is an unlikely dream that mankind as a whole could start to repair the earth instead of damaging it. But I like to hope that one day we will before it is too late. I would feel so guilty if we took all the other creatures with us for our mistake.

Also I don't know if anyone here believes in this or not ( if not, call me crazy, I don't mind
) but if you can learn to astral travel you can go visit other worlds/realms whenever you like.

- Kpentia

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AWingAndASigh

I'd love to see their home movies, or even sit through a slide show, or view wallet sized photo's of their loved ones at home.

But leave? No way. Even if our world might be in bad shape, I wouldn't want to miss all the fun of the roller coaster ride this lifetime on earth has to offer.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I would go if the new planet was a paradise populated by 180 cm Swedish models

Take Me Now!

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Personally?

I would go, imagine all the technology and healthcare available to them. It would depend a lot on there political system out there as well there and their culture and aceptance of "aliens".

Also there would have to be a good ammount of earth women out there or I would have to be married I can't imagine chatting up squid face could you?

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I would go in a New York minute! No doubt about it. As far as trusting them, if they wanted to enslave or harm us, they could do that right here. Wherever the new planet is, it would have to be an improvement over the cesspool this planet has become.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Not me no way no how. I would be enjoying all the new "elbow room" left by the smacktards leaving on the ships lol! Standing in line probably would drop drastically.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
i would only go if i could stay on earth with un waivering constitutional rights as an opt out; but then id choose to stay on earth as a first act of excerscising these rights.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Yep, no questions asked. I would easily risk my life for the chance to see another planet and meet aliens. What would I miss on this planet? Work for 40 more years and end up in the retirement home?

Beam me up...

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
A few points I'd like to make about some of the things said in this thread:

1. If aliens wanted to enslave us, they wouldn't need our permission and they could just as easily do it on this planet. It would be a waste of resources to re-locate us to another planet for the purpose of enslaving us, and it would be an even bigger waste of resources to mislead us. Granted it's what parts of Human society did with African slaves not so long ago, however the level of understanding and resource management required to master interstellar travel would imply the ability to subvert the need for slavery. We're closer to developing artificially-intelligent robots than we are to mastering interstellar travel, which would imply that developing artificial-intelligence is a simpler task than mastering the physics required for interstellar travel, and sufficiently advanced robots would do a far better job at serving than deficient biological slaves.

2. Life has proven itself to be incredibly resilient, so even if we succeed in destroying ourselves and our environment, life will continue in some form. Humans would not be the first species to self-destruct and bring about mass-extinction through environmental change; see Oxygen Catastrophe.

3. If governments know about the ability to travel to and colonise other planets, why would they keep it quiet, what purpose would keeping us here have when they could just as easily colonise other planets themselves?

4. If we are to 'save' this planet (that is preserving conditions favourable to our continued existence and well-being), then I believe interplanetary travel, exploration, and colonisation holds part of the key, in that it offers the opportunity to advance science and increases the availability of resources.

To answer the OP's question, I would go, not necessarily to emigrate but to explore, I am naturally an explorer and I would love the opportunity to explore new worlds. If it were possible I would probably be more of a space nomad than a coloniser.

In response to Vance's post: why are people who wish to go where their heart desires 'smacktards'?

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Hell yes Ide go! It would be High Adventure!
Ide leave all my friends and family behind. Except my cat...I must be able to take my cat. Tho it would be better if one of my good friends were to tag along.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
i could think of few things more appealing to me,yet i feel i have a duty on earth to fulfill,this ship needs steadying lest it sinks.once i know ive played my hand and done all i can to further humanity and the other animals of this planet i would gladly leave it all behind.

i wonder,do ET's have the capability to read the internet from afar?, i suspect they do,its wide open....hear me oh mighty species beyond our realm!,give me the power to heal this planet!,i invite you into my home!,now come to me and grant me that which will allow my fellow primates to evolve to an acceptable level of intelligence!,we need you now!

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
"In response to Vance's post: why are people who wish to go where their heart desires 'smacktards'?"

Absolutely just joking and a picking. I was in a giddy mood there for, I was the smacktard at the time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join