It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'All Seeing Eye' symbol in Venice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   
On a recent trip to Venice, I came across an unusual building bearing the 'All Seeing Eye' symbol. Does anybody recognise this building?

I'm struggling to find any information on this building online.

[edit on 28/2/08 by thebox]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Found this CHURCH OF SANTA MADDALENA
Besides that can't find much else to help..

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Thanks! Well at least I now have the name of the place.

And here's a Wiki link - La Maddalena, Venice

The most notable feature is the portal, with masonic symbols over the door (proably connected to the Balbo's membership in the Knights Templar).

Intriguing… I shall post info as I find it.

[edit on 28/2/08 by thebox]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I just found it in the Fidelity Investments logo as well:

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Awesome stonework!

In other news.

If you want to experience the American dream it appears you have to surround yourself with pictures of pyramids and other egyptian symbolisms. (Credit cards/firms, banks, our currency, etc.)

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by depth om

Yeah, it is awesome stonework. It makes sense to me that somebody who knows what's up would put that on a religious building. Not just the "American dream," though, because I wouldn't mind incorporating those kinds of geometrical/natural/religious/spiritual patterns and/or symbols into a house built for myself. Depending on all the other design considerations and all that of course.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Well the all see eyeing eye is everywhere in Malta. Thats because of the knights of Malta though. Venice isn't such a suprising location for what you found.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Dear thebox,

I trust this finds you well.

La Maddalena dates from the 18th century, though was built on the foundation of an earlier church also dedicated to St. Maria Magdalena, in fact a church has stood on the site as far back as the Venetian records allow.

The first church is undoubtedly historically connected to the Knights Templar as its owners - the Balbo family - had both Templar and Cathar sympathies (The Cathar heresy was prominent in Venice) and later was, by marriage, connected with the Medici family from Florence who were close with da Vinci and funded the translation of Platonic and Hermetic writings. The church is also important in the history of Kabbalah with the Ghetto very close by, it housed several scholars who determined to use the Kabbalah to prove the divinity of Jesus and thus convert Jews to Christianity.

The second church was designed with decidedly Masonic characteristics such as the portal and a chequred floor. Venetian historians claim the church is today used by Grand Orient d'Italia and may even be owned by them. It is very rarely open to the public and no Catholic ceremonies have been performed there in at least 50 years.

-Chevalier

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
London’s Big “Ben,” like the Egyptian “Ben-Ben” stone, is shaped like an obelisk/pyramidion. Nearby sits the “London Eye” Ferris-wheel giving us symbolically a huge all-seeing Eye and the Big Ben pyramidion. The Eye is supported by a base shaped like a Masonic compass measuring 33 degrees, and contains 32 “eye pods” (I-Pods?) which people ride in. The all-seeing Masonic London Eye also just happens to be staring at the Houses of Parliament. .

Time Warner, CBS, Dairy Queen and many other corporate logos use the all-seeing eye. Many more companies/organizations use the pyramid(s) such as Sprint, Conseco, Creative Technology, Citgo, Carsey Werner, MI5, Pyramid Life Insurance, Pyramid Sun Fest, Camel Cigarettes, Delta, Naval Air Warfare Center, AccessHollywood.com, Columbia Records/Pictures, Paramount Pictures, Bass & Co. Beer, and the American Business Awards. Fidelity Investments, America Online, Illuminati Online, Nickelodeon, Kindercare, Total Information Awareness, and the Dollar Bill seals all contain both the eye and pyramid together.

Keystone Beer refers to the Capstone also called the Keystone of the Pyramid. Bass & Co. Beer also uses the pyramid. Coors and other beers use mountains. Evian water depicts 3 mountains like the 3 pyramids at Giza, and Evian is an anagram for Naïve which says innocence, purity, pure water to the subconscious. This is also why we have "Nivea."

Since mountains and pyramids are associated with spiritual ascent, the images and names unconsciously draw us to the products. The same goes for any logo that includes mountains, pyramids, waterfalls, sunshine, etc. these are powerful subconscious spiritual triggers being used to make their marks on us.

“Not only is the sun important but the word ‘light’ is important in any context. Light is important philosophically, light is also important subliminally. If it is lite beer then shouldn’t it be l-i-t-e? But look at the choice of the very spelling. If you’re drinking that, the implication is subliminally that you are drinking light, that’s why it becomes addictive, because your unconscious mind would love to drink light. That’s what we’re all about remember? Spiritual uplift. Well they’re going to hand it to you in this. That which takes you down, but it has on it, drink it, it’s full of light. And what’s the symbolism in the advertisements? When the models are drinking you’ll see images of light and halos and all sorts of things to spiritualize things. Mountains are connected with spiritual ascent, so is light, but look who’s using them and for what purpose.” -Michael Tsarion, “The Subversive Use of Sacred Symbolism in the Media” Lecture at Conspiracy Con 2003

For pictures of many of these all-seeing eyes: www.scribd.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Supreme court of Israel:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Off Topic post removed

1f.) Relevant Content: You will not post messages that are clearly outside of the stated topic of any forums nor disrupt a forum by deliberately posting repeated irrelevant messages or copies of identical messages (also known as "flooding").

Mod Note - Terms And Conditions Of Use - Please review

[edit on 14/8/2008 by Sauron]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I recently visited venice for a second time and was again drawn to this building. i unerstand it is recently restored ( 90's ?). I'm convinced there is something special to this building and alot more to its history than meets the eye.

I've taken detailed photos of the facade and would love to be able to see the inside.
Does anyone have any sources - solid factual sources with more info?

Thanks
-Curious in NY

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
wow, very cool! I did not see that when I was in Venice last. Guess I have another reason to go back now, thanks

The most fascinating stuff is all within the cathedrals there, unfortunately they don't allow any photography in there. They also don't allow hats.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
wow, very cool! I did not see that when I was in Venice last. Guess I have another reason to go back now, thanks

The most fascinating stuff is all within the cathedrals there, unfortunately they don't allow any photography in there. They also don't allow hats.

It's located here. If you zoom in, Santa Maria Maddalena is the distinctive circular structure. We were by there last June and I did quite the double take when I caught sight of the carvings. Lovely structure and I'd certainly like to see inside as well

join