It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animals Recognized at Conception?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I am new here so this might be in the wrong area but I found this very interesting and thought I should share.

Uniform Commercial Code
www.law.cornell.edu...
(k) "Goods" means all things that are movable at the time of identification to a contract for sale. The term includes future goods, specially manufactured goods, the unborn young of animals, growing crops, and other identified things attached to realty as described in Section 2-107. The term does not include information, the money in which the price is to be paid, investment securities under Article 8, the subject matter of foreign exchange transactions, or choses in action.

FAIRVIEW STATE BANK v. EDWARDS
No. 63676.
739 P.2d 994
1987 OK 53
Decided: June 23, 1987
Supreme Court of Oklahoma
�27 Such a contract is contemplated by the Uniform Commercial Code. The Code's definition of goods includes "the unborn young of animals." 12A O.S. 1981 � 2-105 (1). The Uniform Commercial Code Comments following � 2-105 note that the young of animals are expressly included in the definition of goods because "they, too, are frequently intended for sale and may be contracted for before birth."
�33 The third requirement for the attachment of a security interest is that Debtors have rights in the collateral. We find that Debtors' rights in the embryos arise when the eggs produced by Debtors' donor cows are fertilized and the embryos come into existence.
�34 Goods must be both existing and identified before any interest in them can pass. 12A O.S. 1981 � 2-105 (2). Thus, Debtors could not have passed an interest in the embryos to Granada unless they first had rights in the embryos. In the case of the sale of unborn young, identification of goods to a contract occurs "when the young are conceived." 12A O.S. 1981 � 2-501 .
www.ali.org...

My question: Does this mean that in Oklahoma at least, animals are recognized at conception? If so why do they not extend the same rights to humans? I realize that this is a case of a saleable good and humans are not legally sold so there is no financial gain from recognizing humans from conception.

---------------------------
Added 'ex' tags and a link

Please read Posting work written by others

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 27/2/08 by masqua]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by RedmoonMWC

N/M

[edit on 26-5-2010 by RedmoonMWC]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I couldnt make head nor tail of the statutes ? you quoted sorry.
But I can grasp your agenda?
And I say to you ....God is with you.
For what I know.
But you are ahead of your time.
But alas by only a few months?
Evil will be given mans approval by law.
And law will give evil respect.
Those who mock , have no clue
about suffering.

top topics

join